2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, my leg day is tomorrow. I freakin hate leg day. My usual excuse for skipping it is that I have golf within the next 5 days, and I'm probably going to still be sore. You can't have sore legs and golf right?

You keep dumbbells in the bathroom too? :alien:

Sadly, my leg day is tomorrow. I freakin hate leg day. My usual excuse for skipping it is that I have golf within the next 5 days, and I'm probably going to still be sore. You can't have sore legs and golf right?
Do you even lift, bro?

820cfc9b6a230cd3c2dc1eb5354a340f.jpg

1st day back in ages.... and I could tell instantly it would not be a good day.

Got through what I wanted to, then headed to the grocery store. Absolutely dizzy/nauseous the entire time. Maybe I needed to take another day off.

Good workout today

STARTING GOALS
push ups in a minute = 50
sit ups ups in a minute = 50
1.5 mile run in 10 mins
pull-ups = 10
Leg press 250 lbs x 10
Curls = 100 lbs x 10
Bench press = 250 lbs

CURRENTLY
push ups in a minute = 48
sit ups ups in a minute = 49
1.5 mile run in 10:41 mins
pull-ups = 7
Leg press 210 lbs x 10
Curls = 90 lbs x 6
Bench press = 230 lbs

Another workout down and hoping to see sub 190 by end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very busy weekend followed by a bad cold hath waylaid my lifting. Slowly getting back to it.

Need to get back to running. Yuck. Running is coward practice.

Organic Protein Shake Ad. Greatness!

You know you are in for a world of hurting when your trainer tells you to get a good breakfast in before our session tomorrow because I am going to need the energy. She said she is still sore from the workout she has planned for me tomorrow. She did it herself over the weekend. I am scared, and excited, but mostly scared.

Went jogging last night, was only going to do 2 miles but kind of forgot and did 2.5 ish.

Also we saw a mountain lion track.

But now I know I can do the 2.5 mile fun run during saint oats I signed up for.

I hope I get in and train tonight. I need to do some chins and power snatches.

Today was supposed to be squats and deadlifts, but with 4" of snow on the roads and freezing rain coming down, I had to push it off until tomorrow. I'm really sore from yesterday as well, so hopefully that feels a bit better tomorrow.

Nice Rhyno! How is everything going for you?
Good, slow Haha, I'm down about 8 lbs last I weighed, but running is going good, I'm a plodder slow but sure.

Good, slow Haha, I'm down about 8 lbs last I weighed, but running is going good, I'm a plodder slow but sure.
Good for you, rhyno! I'm a slow and steady runner too, but it still gets the job done.

30 mins on the bike last night, then some weights. Feel sore again this morning, haven't felt like this in weeks.

Leg Day

Leg Day

little cardio warm up, squatted top set 365x5, and since lifting buddy had 405 on, I did that once. Did some straight leg dead lifts also, my back and hammys feel great today. Winter might go away sometime in WI.

Another day of the workout from hell. I'll be glad with this 6 week cut is done, that's for sure. All exercises were done with a much lighter weight than I usually would use because of the cardio acceleration in between sets. It's amazing how much HIIT in between sets will kick you in the teeth.

4 sets, 9-11 reps of overhead barbell presses with 1 minute of box jumps in between each set. No rest allowed.
3 sets, 9-11 reps of standing alternating dumbbell overhead presses with 1 minute of 20lb ball slams in between each set. No rest allowed.
3 sets, 9-11 reps of 1 arm smith machine upright rows with 1 minute of kettlebell swings in between each set. No rest allowed.
4 sets, 9-11 reps of squats with 1 minute of box step-ups in between sets. Again, no rest.
4 sets, 9-11 reps of deadlifts with 1 minute of sprints in between sets. (it was actually a light jog at this point, but it felt like sprints).

This workout was done in 45 minutes because of the no rest allowed clause.

35 minutes on the treadmill at a fast walk on incline then some abs. Only so much you can do in a hotel gym

35 minutes on the treadmill at a fast walk on incline then some abs. Only so much you can do in a hotel gym

You've got to get a bit creative when you're on the road. At least I do, or I will find a reason not to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back