Jack Nicklaus Ice Cream

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Fans and competitors of Jack Nicklaus knew he had very few weaknesses in his legendary, record-setting golf career. There is, however, one weakness he confesses to off the course----ice cream----and now he's giving into it and sharing it with the public.

In a partnership between two great family-owned companies, rooted in the Midwest, comes Jack Nicklaus premium ice cream, manufactured by a division of The Schwan Food Company-the 60-year-old Minnesota-based manufacturer and marketer of fine frozen foods and nationally renowned for its home delivery service.

The new Jack Nicklaus pint-sized ice cream will be available at Winn Dixie, Bi-Lo and Kroger stores in select markets with a suggested retail price of $1.99. The ice cream comes in seven rich and creamy varieties, loaded with real ingredients. Flavors include: Warm Spiced Butter Pecan, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Salted Caramel Toffee, Strawberry Lemonade, Triple Chocolate, Coffee and Donuts, and Homemade Vanilla.

To launch the new business endeavor, Jack Nicklaus teamed up with Schwan's Global Supply Chain, Inc. ("Schwan"). With a shared commitment to philanthropy, Schwan has become a supporter of the Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation (nchcf.org). The Foundation's goal is to provide families access to world-class pediatric healthcare. Beyond the ice cream pilot program in 2015, the Nicklauses hope to tie in other children's charities to sales of the product.

Between Jack, his wife, Barbara, and Schwan, there was a detailed collaboration to perfect the line.

"It's no secret that I love ice cream," Nicklaus confessed. "Needless to say, I have never had so much fun in the research and development of a product. The team at Schwan has a world-class product development center. Together, we have created a variety of flavors-all with real ingredients-for a quality, premium ice cream at a value price."

The ice cream introduction extends the Nicklaus Companies' efforts to celebrate the life and lifestyle of Jack Nicklaus by introducing quality consumer products, with a philanthropic tie-in. Among the Nicklaus-branded or licensed products introduced in recent years that benefit children's charities are water, wine, lemonade, sunglasses, and golf balls.

"Jack's whole life is synonymous with excellence, family, and charity," said Nicklaus Companies Co-Chairman Howard Milstein, "and our new collaboration with Schwan embodies all three values in a hand-picked selection of delicious ice cream flavors that also supports children's healthcare. What could possibly taste better?"

JN_IC_Salted_Caramel_SM%5B1%5D.jpg

If Jacks name is on it, it has to be a winner!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl ftw

It'll look great at the start, but there will be some hidden snake pit in the middle somewhere.

Pretty cool. I love salted caramel flavored snacks, so I'm sure the ice cream will be good. I like his strawberry lemonade as well, so I'd give that a try. Too bad we don't have any of the listed retailers around here.

Have to keep an eye out for it at Kroger. Love me some ice cream.

i didn't expect the price point to be so low. a little strange that jack's share isn't going to a charity of some kind since his family are already squillionaires, but whatever.

THP Forum testing?

Yes please!

Strawberry Lemonade looks good.

I won't see that in my neck of the woods, sadly. I'm a big fan of Jack and ice cream. Would be fun if they got creative with the flavor names like Ben & Jerry's does, with some golf or Jack history references

I already love his strawberry lemonade in a can, now I can get it frozen, sign me up!

This going to be good, Schawn makes good food

This might be the first time I am happy there is a Krogers near me instead of Wegmans. I will have to keep an eye out for these once I am little further into my diet.

Well with those stores, I won't be getting any. Maybe if Schwan's actually started selling it through their traveling sales.

~Rock

I guess I'm indifferent to this. It seems to be shameless marketing of his name, kind of like John Daly and whatever rum company he hooked up with. I'll be on the look out for Nicklaus dental floss next. "Jack has always been a big believer in keeping his teeth healthy, so that winning smile glistened. You too can share in Jack's legacy, with wax or non waxed."

wont be seeing this near me but might have to give a try when im in an area that has it.

"coffee and donuts"? Sounds amazing.

Mouth watering............

Salted Caramel Toffee and good old Vanilla!

JM

His hard a$$ courses tend to ruin anything he puts his name on for me.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl and Coffee and Donuts sound great. Pretty good starting price as well. Won't be getting any of those around this area though.

Do you think this snack is filled with bitterness or just nostalgia?

Do you think this snack is filled with bitterness or just nostalgia?

LOL.

Newest flavors will be called "Stern Glare" and "Ice Cream is Getting too Sweet".

The ice cream tastes better if you can scoop it from left to right.

I feel a trip to the ice cream section at Kroger happening very soon.

Sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try it, I like the idea of the children charities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-tYh9rXAAAPOKq.jpg

Back