The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sim putting. It is the Devil, Bobby Boucher. Ugh. I can roll 10 7-foot putts in a row on my putting stripe. I can't make a 2-footer on a sim. It is crazy-making.

Sim putting. It is the Devil, Bobby Boucher. Ugh. I can roll 10 7-foot putts in a row on my putting stripe. I can't make a 2-footer on a sim. It is crazy-making.
I find the Sims I play on to make putting waaay easier than real life and I make a ton of putts I wouldn't normally make.

I find the Sims I play on to make putting waaay easier than real life and I make a ton of putts I wouldn't normally make.

I've gone so far as to set optishot to auto putt from 40' and in. Not a gimme but it determines the putts needed. I've gotten plenty of 3 putts from it. Shows me that my approach shots need a lot of work. But it also keep my sanity intact.

Good thing this is the rant thread. Because I can really go off on these speed cameras. They tout them as safety precautions. That's nothing but BS. They are simply revenue generating cash cows.

Now if they were serous about safety. They would install red light cameras and make the fine 3 times the amount of the speed cameras.

People running red lights by several seconds is an all too common occurrence here and poses a much higher risk of injury than going 47 mph in a 40 zone.

Man they tick me off. For the record I've only had two tickets from the speed cameras in about 10 years. But it's just the hypocrisy that eats at me.

preach brother. I have only had a few and I am always on the lookout for these freaking cameras. I don't drive more than 10mph over the speed limit and less than that when the limit is under 45. When I worked near Nats park I gave DC almost $100 in about a week between a speeding camera, red light camera and a parking ticket. Used to be some good spots to,park where Nats park is now...not all were legal

Such an ugly picture. Is it all on the title company or were they waiting on paperwork from buyer/lender? If it was the earlier I would be raising holy hell.

It was on the lender for the buyer. They were requesting things they had known about for weeks at the last minute. But all is good now as I got both closing a done in a snow storm that had traffic to a crawl around here. Had to dive around 70 miles RT to get it done which doesn't sound bad but if you were not in this area to see what was happening you would not believe that I got it done.

During the integration between my company and one we bought, accounting took a few weeks (8) off from sending invoices.
Sounds fun right? Well, if you go 2 months without sending an invoice, you're 2 months behind getting paid.
No biggie right? Since you pay the salesman (me) the month AFTER getting paid, this can cause a cash flow issue.

My commission statement comes through yesterday and low and behold, these folks are trying to short me. They owe me an entry level car. This is gonna get fun next week.

I am stuck at a couples baby shower. I am in my own private hell.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

I am stuck at a couples baby shower. I am in my own private hell.

My wife doesn't even ask me to go to things like that anymore because I usually get so bored that I start annoying her.

My wife doesn't even ask me to go to things like that anymore because I usually get so bored that I start annoying her.
I didn't have much say in this one. She usually let's me skip these things, but this is her niece and nephews and they are pretty close.

I planned on getting close to finishing my paver project today, but it's looking like I won't even get to lay a single brick today. Stupid rain.

I didn't have much say in this one. She usually let's me skip these things, but this is her niece and nephews and they are pretty close.

I do every him I can to avoid these things but I know what you mean, I do the same for my wife when it's close family

Very simple rant, and entirely my own fault, but doesn't make me any happier. Head to grocery store to buy items to grill some burgers tonight with my son home for the weekend from college. Get what I need, grab a six pack of beer and head to the register. Reach in to my wallet to get my ID to see I left my license in my briefcase after going through airport security earlier this week. Store wont sell me beer without my ID. Now I support not selling beer to those underage, but how in the world does anyone mistake an old dude like me for being 20. Store policies need some common sense.

Father in law has been in the hospital for 10 days. We were told he was being released at noon. It's now 5:18...

Father in law has been in the hospital for 10 days. We were told he was being released at noon. It's now 5:18...
So any minute now...I have two doctors in the family that are never on time.

I hope he gets out soon I'm sure the wait is driving him nuts.
Very simple rant, and entirely my own fault, but doesn't make me any happier. Head to grocery store to buy items to grill some burgers tonight with my son home for the weekend from college. Get what I need, grab a six pack of beer and head to the register. Reach in to my wallet to get my ID to see I left my license in my briefcase after going through airport security earlier this week. Store wont sell me beer without my ID. Now I support not selling beer to those underage, but how in the world does anyone mistake an old dude like me for being 20. Store policies need some common sense.
How silly, isn't your oldest around that age? No common sense. I rarely even get id'd

How silly, isn't your oldest around that age? No common sense. I rarely even get id'd

Yep, my son is the 20 year old. We look exactly the same age. :alien:

Yep, my son is the 20 year old. We look exactly the same age. :alien:
Well congrats.

I only get id'd when with my wife, she looks much younger. When I was clean shaven I looked 12, but with a beard I look 35.

I has to stop in New Orleans in route to Vegas. Had the whole row, then a couple gets on and sits in front of me. A young lady sits in my row. The old couple starts demanding we move because we took,their seats. Ummm, I boarded in Orlando you just got on, how did I take your seat. I get cursed out and get looks from all the other old people that got on. Me and girl look at each and keep chatting.

Fast forward 2.5 hours later. The old lady stands up and tosses her bag of snacks at me and curses me again. I'm stunned and keep thping. She is now turned around cursing at me like I stole Her dentures. The crew is at a loss and her husband is useless. When I get old and can't function as a normal person, please just pull the plug.

I has to stop in New Orleans in route to Vegas. Had the whole row, then a couple gets on and sits in front of me. A young lady sits in my row. The old couple starts demanding we move because we took,their seats. Ummm, I boarded in Orlando you just got on, how did I take your seat. I get cursed out and get looks from all the other old people that got on. Me and girl look at each and keep chatting.

Fast forward 2.5 hours later. The old lady stands up and tosses her bag of snacks at me and curses me again. I'm stunned and keep thping. She is now turned around cursing at me like I stole Her dentures. The crew is at a loss and her husband is useless. When I get old and can't function as a normal person, please just pull the plug.

When I get old I'll probably be cursing out innocent people for no reason lol I'm sorry to hear this Freddie

I went to Dick's today to demo a few hybrids with the intention to pick up one or two. Boy have things changed for the worst since the last time I was there. The golf selection is pitiful now unless you only want to hit Taylormade or Callaway stuff. I couldn't find anyone working the golf section and finally got a guy to come turn on the simulator. I hit a few hybrids and was thinking about buying two new Callaway hybrids but after 10 minutes of trying to find the guy so he could give me the headcovers, I got fed up and walked out. I guess I should have known, since they seem to have fired the two golf pros they used to have working there who were both great guys. I guess I will wait until I go back to work on Monday and hit the pro shop at the course on Ft. Bragg. The guys that work there care about doing their job and having happy customers.

No more business of mine will go to Dick's. I will spend a few more dollars with someone who wants my business.

I'm sorry Freddie. That was so well told I couldn't help but crack up at it. Although I'm sure it wasn't funny to you at the time.

Were they good snacks at least :)

You bet your a$$ you should go talk to airline CS. That is unacceptable.

If it would have been someone our age, they would have landed the plane and had us taken off and arrested.

Dang Freddie, that sucks. A bit funny though. Wonder why they were going to Vegas.

I don't shop for golf gear at Dick's if I go in there for other stuff I'll check out their clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back