Garsen Golf Grips Review

This came in today. Have a new SeeMore at home waiting for it and then I can get rolling. Initial thoughts on it are that it is bigger than I expected, and the top edge is more pronounced than I initially would have thought as well. Love the blue though.
47c2e787d4d3eff3e32cda1a52416d6b.jpg

For me it does much more than change my hand position. It moves my shoulders back (I tend to hunch over and have them too far forward) which really makes the stroke more natural and consistent.

This for sure, and I'm more aware of my shoulders with my non-Garsen equipped putters now.

My jumbo max will be here tomorrow, gonna toss it on the m5x. Really curious to see how they bigger grip feels compared to the edge.

Need...Green......

Jumbo Max......interesting.

Been struggling to find a good spot lately with the pro. Hoping the bigger grip will let things rest more naturally.

Initial review/thoughts:

Sooo...Garsen G pro. This isn't going to stay on long. As in might not make it another 2 hours. I understand giving things a try, but I've used a mirror to show my stroke with my Super Stroke, and now with the G pro, and it does nothing for my shoulders/stance. My shoulders aren't too hunched over or forward to begin with, and it honestly feels likes it's making my hands/wrists more stressed, while they feel super relaxed with the Super Strokes I have. I would say it's probably because I'm not used to this grip like I am with the SuperStrokes, but I actually just switched to Flatso Ultra's from the normal 2.0's, and so I haven't had a ton to time with those either. I've given it an hour, but I'm going to see if over the next couple if it changes my mind at all. If not I already have a grip waiting on deck.

However:

I absolutely could see how this would be helpful to many players. If you do tend to hunch your shoulders or have a hard time keeping your wrists out of your putting stroke, this thing could be solid gold for you. The grip is a dense rubber and feels very comfortable from that standpoint. Very well done in construction, and I absolutely love the blue it comes in. It's also a great size in general.

Conclusion:

Will it work for everyone? No, nothing does. Will this work for a lot of people? Absolutely. Even though I can already tell this isn't for me, I'd still recommend people trying it out at least once for yourself. The grip isn't actually uncomfortable to me either...it's just...different. I've tried some different styles recently that I've really liked right away and they seemed to be a great fit, but this kind of different I don't think is for me.

Good recap and I agree with your conclusion. Unfortunately I think it will end up being something that more people don't care for than there will be people that do enjoy them. ...just my 2 cents

Good recap and I agree with your conclusion. Unfortunately I think it will end up being something that more people don't care for than there will be people that do enjoy them. ...just my 2 cents

Kinda feel the same way. It's not going to hurt my putting I don't think, but I also don't think for me personally it's going to provide any benefit. As putting is so much feel and being comfortable over the ball, I'd rather have something where my hands feel like they are naturally going to be, which these don't do that.

110fcbe54b751e3512481af032eb76c0.jpg

Bernerd from Garsen sent me an Ultimate in addition to a replacement Pro. I just installed it on my Ody Rossi II. The firm feel of the grip and the face insert is a nice combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimate is definitely a different beast. I think that's what Stenson was using at one point, but not sure right now. It was kind of my least favorite, which means that it would probably be the more liked on a broad scale.

Ultimate is definitely a different beast. I think that's what Stenson was using at one point, but not sure right now. It was kind of my least favorite, which means that it would probably be the more liked on a broad scale.

It looks more like a SuperStroke in shape and size. Is that fair to say? Never had one in hand but it looks pretty much the same.

Yea it's got some similarities since it's non-tapered and b/c of the material. Rather than two-sided on top it's three-sided. There's a flat top and then two angled sides.

It looks more like a SuperStroke in shape and size. Is that fair to say? Never had one in hand but it looks pretty much the same.

This one is smaller in hand than the SS Slim 3.0 but a little bigger than the SS Squared. It's also a bit firmer in feel.

After finally getting some decent practice time in with the Pro I think I am going to keep it for awhile. Most of my issues have been speed related but thats just me.

Stroke feels really good with this thing

I'll post a few pics later but Garsen just posted this on Twitter. FWIW, the Ultimate is not on their site yet.

ae1300737e16d13838a610ed0996cdce.jpg

nice looking staff bag, but did you see the offset on that putter!?

Tried to capture size difference.

f1e2749186a2c324cf944c0ac985a0c2.jpg

17786a9d94dd8314b81332c5f75293ac.jpg

How many rounds on the red? Looks pretty worn. And thanks for the comparison pic.

That came off the m5x, so not many. Maybe 3 rounds? The butt wears pretty bad but the MAX won't have that issue I don't think since it has a nice plastic end cap.....another photo:

60b67e276f482c1784274538d1dee996.jpg

I just ordered up a Max to put on the z3c, I loved Ryan's at mistwood, can't wait to rock it with the RST/SPi!

Was able to use the needle looking adapter for the compressor and blow on the MAX onto the m5x this morning, went on like a breeze and was super easy to adjust getting it square.

Feels really good in hand and a tad more easier for me to rest hands naturally compared to the edge, excited to get it on course next weekend.

Today I went back to using my PTM1 with the Garsen Edge. Still a bit of a learning curve, especially with long lag putts, but that's about 9 parts indian and 1 parts arrow. Felt very good to stand over in terms of posture and grip.

I'm pondering putting replacing the grip on my Black Series Tour Design with a built up Edge grip. Put about 7 wraps on and see if that really drives home the comfort level.

Back