What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the mountains white rhino!

Sunday Hacker, some of the slopes I climbed today walking up from the fairway to the green I thought I was climbing those mountains. :laughing:

lol good stuff WR! gotta love a tuff course that challenges the abilitys!

Thats a nice looking course WR. Sounds like you got your moneys worth lol

great score WR! their website says $68-$90!

85 Torrey Pines North (blues). One of the perks of living out here ;)

40 front, 45 back. Driver swing abandoned me on the back 9 (missed all my fairways).

Very cool WR. Great looking course for sure. Makes it a bit tough to stay in the fairway on slopes like tose, lol. Thanks for the pic's.

shot a 96 yesterday =/
i was hitting the ball really well... but had alot of penalty strokes cuz 3 balls disappeared on me in the middle of the fw's and i couldnt get out of the sand on one hole

Shot an 86 today. Feeling better about my game. Still have a lot of work to do, esp on my putting. One thing that I corrected today over yesterday was hitting my new driver. It's an Adams 45.5" long driver. I started slicing with it yesterday which I haven't been doing with my other driver that is 44". I researched what causes a slice and finally understood that I needed to hit the inside of the ball for a draw. I was obviously hitting the outside which made it slice. Went to the range before I played, stood back from the ball a little further and started hitting the prettiest draws with my driver by hitting the inside of the ball. No more slices! Seems like hitting the inside of the ball would make it go right but it is the opposite. I had my longest drive ever on the last par 5 today...a nice baby draw. Now the baseball diamond drill that Andy talks about makes more sense to me.

i also shot an 86 today... thank gawd!
i got tired of struggling in the 90's - 100's
i played the back 2x due to a tournament and a big outting today at the course and shot the same score just 2 diff ways... 7 over both times
i should have been a few strokes under 80 but i left way too many shots out on the course... i even had 5 one putts in a row... 4 of them were to save bogey
i was happy i was hitting teh ball well today... but 90% of my teeshots went left(at least im not slicing anymore)
putting lights out... if only i could get more girs... id be a low single digit the way im putting

Shot 80! So close to breaking 80. Had a short putt that I shoulda made and hit one ob. Oh well played great!

Shot 80! So close to breaking 80. Had a short putt that I shoulda made and hit one ob. Oh well played great!

Great round clay!!

I shot 81 today in the rain. Had a few disasters out there but I brought it back once I could remove my drenched rain gear...it stopped raining on 12 thank goodness!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Shot an 86 today. Feeling better about my game. Still have a lot of work to do, esp on my putting. One thing that I corrected today over yesterday was hitting my new driver. It's an Adams 45.5" long driver. I started slicing with it yesterday which I haven't been doing with my other driver that is 44". I researched what causes a slice and finally understood that I needed to hit the inside of the ball for a draw. I was obviously hitting the outside which made it slice. Went to the range before I played, stood back from the ball a little further and started hitting the prettiest draws with my driver by hitting the inside of the ball. No more slices! Seems like hitting the inside of the ball would make it go right but it is the opposite. I had my longest drive ever on the last par 5 today...a nice baby draw. Now the baseball diamond drill that Andy talks about makes more sense to me.

yes the inside out swing is what everyone should be doing! when u swing from the inside to the outside it makes the spin go to the left because you are coming inside of the ball creating the draw as if you come outside in in makes the ball spin to the right because when you come outside in it makes the ball spin right causing a slice (kind of picture it in your head of your club coming outside in and it hits the ball causing that slice).. more inside out you go equals more draw but to much and you will hook it... outside in is the dreaded slice... before you swing the club before each hit do a couple practice swings and really make yourself come inside out ( i do this before each shot) your miss hits will be a push to the right because your arent getting the club head completley lined up coming through but that mishit that pushes to the right is still very playable than the 30 yard slice into the other farway!

EDIT: also on miss hits if your club face is slightly open it still wont slice as it would with the outside in swing. just have to make sure you are coming inside out.. over exaggerate it some at the range to see if you can really draw the ball and you will get used to the feel and should have no problem with being consistent of coming inside out very quickly..

Well, tried a new course today. Par 70 course. I can't drive or use my fairway wood yet and barely my hybrids so I shot a 58 over :sad: 25 over on the front and 23 over on the back :sad: its hard for me since I haven't really worked on using my driver, 3w or my 4&5h! Kept up with the pace of play though. Nice course though!!

Well, tried a new course today. Par 70 course. I can't drive or use my fairway wood yet and barely my hybrids so I shot a 58 over :sad: 25 over on the front and 23 over on the back :sad: its hard for me since I haven't really worked on using my driver, 3w or my 4&5h! Kept up with the pace of play though. Nice course though!!

This was the first time you all completed the full 18 wasn't it? I wouldn't worry too much about the score yet.

===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

===== /QUOTE ====

This was the first time you all completed the full 18 wasn't it? I wouldn't worry too much about the score yet.

Yup! We actually finished a full 18 in less than 4 and a half hours. I'm sure once I work on my woods I should be ok, but have only been hitting my irons.

Great round clay!!

I shot 81 today in the rain. Had a few disasters out there but I brought it back once I could remove my drenched rain gear...it stopped raining on 12 thank goodness!

Nice rounds both of you! Damn close to breaking 80!!

What a day! Rained a load the last two day's, so the course has casual water everywhere. Rained on us for a few holes early, then got quite nice other than the humidity. Played 2 full rounds, haha, yep 36 holes. I shot 43/41...41/43! 84 for each round. Been a while since I had played in the lower half of the eighties. My high score for the front nine was an 8, second nine had a 6 and a 7 yet still shot 41, 6 was highest I shot on the third set yet still shot a 41 and 6 was again my high score for the last for a 43. Had like three birdies in all of it.

Once again the big miss all day long was jerking wedges left from 80 to 115 yards. Putting was really on, yet I made very few long putts. The speed control was there, I simply missed high and low all day, yet kept it close for two putts. All in all it was a great day with good friends. Felt like I could have been lower, but don't I always, haha

good stuff duey, glad to see you back in the mid/low 80's.

good stuff duey, glad to see you back in the mid/low 80's.

Thanks buddy. Short chips and putting was there today. Chipped a down hill slider in from well off the green, but the guy's all mentioned that I had 6 or 7 chips that could or should have gone in today. Just one of those day's I didn't want to quit, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back