What Did You Do on National Golf Day?

jimonious

Reaction score
Handicap
As you may have heard on the Golf Channel or spotted on social media, yesterday, April 15 was National Golf Day. It was a day to celebrate the billions of dollars that golf invests back in our communities as well as an excuse to play hooky on Tax Day and hit the course.

As part of the celebration, a large group of folks from the golf world came to the US Capitol to talk to lawmakers and staff about the importance of golf. During the day there was an exhibition set up in one of the rooms that included free GolfTec lessons, a stall to hit Birdie balls, a demo of turf management tools, a simulator with a closest-to-the pin contest (featuring one of the tough par 3's at Harbor Town), a bi-partisan putting contest, and golf celebrities like Trillium Sellers, Michael Breed, Nick Price, and Jay Haas. There was also tons of media coverage and I'll include some links below.

For my part, I cruised by on my lunch break and had a chance to spend some time with both Michael Breed and Trillium Sellers, both of whom were super cool friendly people. After talking with Michael for a while, he came up and surprised me by offering to give me a lesson in the simulator, which was captured by the Wall Street Journal (very briefly) in a video they did. After they shot the video, I expected Michael to break off to go hob nob with the other guests, but as I started to step out of the stall he called me back, saying, "get back here, we've got work to do!"

20150415_101224_zpsg8mrkkfi.jpg

Breed%20Lesson_zps6yrtapeg.jpg

20150415_104952_zpstuiae0cw.jpg

So thats what I did for National Golf Day, what did you do? I sure wish I could have played golf after my lesson instead of hanging out at my desk!

I went to a Commercial Package Policy class and then I shot an 83.

Worked a 14 hour day unfortunately

worked and went to school. but made up for it today. wilson d200 challenge then swung by a demo day to see some friends.

worked a full day and got in some short game practice in the evening

Worked all day, left the office at 4:30, got to the course by 4:45 and since there were 2 groups waiting to tee off, I decided to putt for a while and get a large bucket of balls.

Was better for me anyway as I got to really work on some things. Can't want to head back Saturday and do it again, except this time I think I will throw in an hour of short game work.

I bought my 3yr old a set of clubs

I bought my 3yr old a set of clubs

Get em started young....one of the ways you can now get to Augusta is have your kid compete in Drive, Chip and Putt :D

Never heard it was national golf day

Not a darn thing but some THP'ing.

Worked, but was able to clean my clubs in the evening.

I re gripped a couple clubs. I'm nursing an injury, so there was no swinging for me.

Cool! Did you have enough time to talk with Breen about Augusta? I played 18 that day myself, would have even if it wasn't a National "Holiday".

Didn't know it was national golfing day, but I dropped a 76 (41-35) down at Reflection Bay GC.

I worked...but today am I going to play 18 !

I was on the road for work, so I celebrated at TopGolf

10683770_367427056779180_776937774_n.jpg

Spent the day cruising THP at work, dreaming of being out on the course

Very cool that you got to take part in that.

Every day is National Golf Day to me.

Worked half a day and then got sick and had to come home and work from home...

Yeah, it sucked. LOL

What an awesome experience for you though!

Picked up my newly shafted irons, drempt of playing. Demoed some new equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worked a full day and got in some short game practice in the night
g.png

Oops! I didn't know April 15 was National Golf Day. Good thing I played 18 holes....

As you may have heard on the Golf Channel or spotted on social media, yesterday, April 15 was National Golf Day....

Back