Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I would most likely hit three wood here and take what is left, 7 or 8 iron.

Hy time 3w and should be short of the left bunker and if my draw shows up would be in the FW in between the two.

91731D3E-B9AB-40EF-B387-8430646D6F3F_zps1tyhkmi1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is a great hole, drop are if wash one is on the fringe back of the green.

The other par 3 on the front nine is #7. for those that have not played TB. This hole is up hill quite a bit, and that green Has tiers . The sand in front of the green is death! This is a tough hole. Par on #7 is a great score!
1E81667B-A93E-4018-9C88-64E643444424_zpsquaq8aeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7 is a fun par 3. An extra club or 2 to the top tier. Hit in the middle and it funnels down to the bottom. One of the par 3's that I always played really well in my times on that course.

Putting from the drop zone on 3 like a boss

#3 looks fun but intimidating. If the flag is on the left I might just aim center. Not that I want to be in a bunker but a middle or right flag at least has that in case the **** comes up short

I like both of those par 3's.

Depending on how it looks from the tee my plan will most likely be to just find the center of the green.

I like both of those par 3's.

Depending on how it looks from the tee my plan will most likely be to just find the center of the green.
Yup good call take a par and run. I've seen big numbers easily on both

Yup good call take a par and run. I've seen big numbers easily on both
One thing I noticed in my matches at The King is that par 3s are often won with a par. No need to press for birdie.

One thing I noticed in my matches at The King is that par 3s are often won with a par. No need to press for birdie.

Do it, and I'll own you.

(not really....but i have always wanted to say that ever since i saw Tin Cup :alien: )

Hole 3 in singles, I aimed right at the cameraman who was maybe 15ft right of the stick. Center of that green no matter where the pin is is a good shot since it's dry.

7 isn't so bad with a front pin since there's a slope you can use as a bit of a backstop. The back right pin is brutal and a bit of a sucker pin. Miss right of the green short in that bunker and it's a tough up and down. Miss long enough to get back there and right and you're in a plant. Miss the green left and it's an awful bunker shot. If you're gonna miss anywhere, I guess short left would be the best bet? I remember seeing a few people get up and down from there a lot more than anywhere else.

7 is a best with a back right pin and depending on the wind, one of the better tee shots I hit in the 1st round of 2nd mc.

HOTD:
Great little hole here. Features two greens, golfers will be directed on the tee which green is the active green. Depending line taken off the tee, roughly 140 - 170 yd forced carry to a slightly elevated fairway. For me off the tee felt narrower than it actually is. The waste areas are typical for the course. You do not want to miss either green left,right, or long. Par is a good score on #6.
49DF2E58-CCD3-4BD0-8DD6-71FF47D78662_zpsf7ivnens.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good hole here. While both greens can make the hole play completely different, the funny thing is that you can play the same tee shot down the middle and it can leave you within 10 yards to both greens. Play to the number and try to leave yourself from 100-120 to either green. Cutting a corner or trying to get as close to the straight away green is not worth it.

Personally, I much prefer this hole playing to the right. Tougher green to the right and it makes you put a tee ball in a decent spot for a wedge into the green.

#7 is a challenging par 3. Green is not the easiest to hit and I seem to typically have a 5h in my hand on this one. Have had good memories of pins both on upper and lower but lower is definitely easier. If lower, you have some room to bail left and also can play right of hole and use slope. If on top, get it up there as missing the top tier anywhere and getting it close will be a challenge. Long is better than short here without question. If on top tier, don't bail out right as you may never see your ball again - thick vegetation up there.

7 can die. Damn that hole when the pin is on the top tier.

#3 in practice round, first time seeing the hole, all 4 of us missed short and in the drink. Saturday morning, I missed left in the water. In singles I hit to about 6 feet with I want to say an 8 iron and then made the birdie putt. This is a rather small target to hit, so anything on the green is a good place to land.

#7 is a beast. In singles, I took a 4h, thinking it was plenty of club, and hit it poorly and ended up short and right in the sand with a right pin. The sand shot was insane, and probably the highest lip I've ever seen on a bunker. Fortunately, and in large part due to being able to take a practice swing, I was able to get out of the bunker to about 8 feet, and 2 putt for a bogey, which I thought was a good score from where I was in the bunker.

7 is a best with a back right pin and depending on the wind, one of the better tee shots I hit in the 1st round of 2nd mc.

Still remember that shot!!!! A thing a beauty and was on a rope! Really set the tone of our partnership the rest of the round.

91731D3E-B9AB-40EF-B387-8430646D6F3F_zps1tyhkmi1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is a great hole, drop are if wash one is on the fringe back of the green.

The other par 3 on the front nine is #7. for those that have not played TB. This hole is up hill quite a bit, and that green Has tiers . The sand in front of the green is death! This is a tough hole. Par on #7 is a great score!
1E81667B-A93E-4018-9C88-64E643444424_zpsquaq8aeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Best way to play No. 3 is to take an old ball, throw it in the water, use the drop area on the back of the green and try for a two-putt bogey. That takes larger numbers out of play...

For the life of me, I have never been able to play that hole well. Something about it doesn't suit my eye, even though it's a pretty hole.

7 can die. Damn that hole when the pin is on the top tier.

I'm very hopeful that the footage of my four-putt on No.7 is buried with the Lost Ark.

That back right pin placement is just unfair.

Still remember that shot!!!! A thing a beauty and was on a rope! Really set the tone of our partnership the rest of the round.

With Erik and Zac dropping bombs for putts. We needed that hole!

Best way to play No. 3 is to take an old ball, throw it in the water, use the drop area on the back of the green and try for a two-putt bogey. That takes larger numbers out of play...

For the life of me, I have never been able to play that hole well. Something about it doesn't suit my eye, even though it's a pretty hole.

Or if your Jeff/John you just put it 4 inches from the cup. Problem solved.

The work I've been doing is paying off but there is a lot left to do. All good learnings though.
Congrats on the tourney win. Was that at Lost Springs?

We need to get together & play soon. I plan on playing Tuesday afternoon w/ a friend of mine. You're welcome to join if you want.

With both of those par 3's the distance will judge what club I play but I will be aiming middle of the green and if I'm in between clubs I'm going with what I know won't leave me short.

Back