Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

I know 12 THPers that got a chance to try these out (if they wanted) at #TheKing and one interesting thing is how many Zoo Crew members had them in the bag.

I know 12 THPers that got a chance to try these out (if they wanted) at #TheKing and one interesting thing is how many Zoo Crew members had them in the bag.

I would keep a close eye on yours in Minneapolis.

I would keep a close eye on yours in Minneapolis.

I know right? That 1st foursome I am playing with has some questionable people in it. :angel:

I know right? That 1st foursome I am playing with has some questionable people in it. :angel:

Exactly.

Also, as per website, it says that the PM-Grinds are "In-stock" for 56/13*, 58/10*, 60/10*

64/10* says 1-2 weeks....

I put my order in on May 1st, I hope they come sooner that expected!

I want to get the 64* but the smart move is probably just to get the 58*.

For me, the 58 to 64 would be a huge difference. I hit a lot of full wedge shots so the distance would be a huge difference.

I went with the 60 degree, was debating the 64 to just use on certain courses, but figured I would use it so little that I ought to go with a loft that I use every round.

My thoughts on leaning towards the 58* - I have a 60* in my bag now which I almost never use - looks brand new....

I tried out the 58* wedge on the range at La Costa. Granted, it was off mats, but the weighting of the wedge just made it super easy to get down into the ball and see it just fly high. I can very easily see me playing a 58* PM wedge.

If the range session wasn't enough to sell me, during my round with Ethan he had a PM grind wedge in play and couldn't miss with it. Obviously some of it is technique, but he commented that this is the first time he'd call a wedge forgiving, which is something I'd like to have.

I grabbed the 60 degree and went over to the side of the range where there was some good grass (before we got busted for doing it) and hit a bunch of shots. The shape sure is interesting to get used to, especially on "normal" wedge shots. This club just wants to be laid WIDE open for flop shots it seems like to me. I was having fun trying to see how much I could open it and flop shots. I'm not much of a flop shot artist by any stretch of the imagination but with the PM grind I could definitely see being able to learn that shot.

On normal pitch shots it performed quite well as well, again it took a little getting used to, but it was a good solid wedge. Literally every Zoo Crew member has them I think....or close to it! That should tell you something right there!!

I really want one of these in the 58° variety. I'm this ( ) close to ordering one sight unseen. Everything I've read from a design and feedback standpoint speaks to me.

My current wedge and bunker play (disastrous) is also a driving factor. Ha.

I'd still really like to see one of these in person before ordering one. I'm pretty sold on the design and could use a specialty 60* in the bag, but I really want to see/hold/swing one before dropping $130 on it.

I really want to preorder a 60° PM grind but I just want to see one up close before ordering.

I have a feeling when I see one in person, I will want to buy it on looks alone. This is one good looking wedge. Been thinking of trading my 58* in for a 60* anyways.

I don't care if it hits flops for you. Those bedazzle jewels have to go.

Jewels? :confused2:

These wedges definitely aren't for everyone but I loved them when I got a chance to hit them at #TheKing. I would highly recommend that you go see and test one in person before buying. The look is not for everyone.

These wedges definitely aren't for everyone but I loved them when I got a chance to hit them at #TheKing. I would highly recommend that you go see and test one in person before buying. The look is not for everyone.
Is it just a look that you think won't be for everyone? Or a performance factor?

Is it just a look that you think won't be for everyone? Or a performance factor?

I think a LOT of it is going to come back to what the user likes/demands his wedge to be able to do versatility wise. IMO a straight forward player won't see the appeal that the rest of us do. IMO of course.

I think a LOT of it is going to come back to what the user likes/demands his wedge to be able to do versatility wise. IMO a straight forward player won't see the appeal that the rest of us do. IMO of course.
Gotcha, that makes total sense, from first looks it seems to be quite versatile, nothing bad in that!

Back