The Burger Thread

And it's here!

IMAG3607_zps6il5gh12.jpg

That looks awesome, were you able to finish it off?

Ate about 3/4 of the burger and only about 1/4 of the sweet potato tots. Was great. Jalapenos and poblano peppers in the Mac, pepper jack cheese on the burger too.

So tell me your experience of: BurgerFi, we are getting on in Lincoln, what should I expect???

So tell me your experience of: BurgerFi, we are getting on in Lincoln, what should I expect???

I've eaten at one around Atlanta. I thought the burger was pretty good, but the onion rings didn't do much for me. I think everything was grass-fed beef and organic veggies if I remember.

In that area I like Smashburger better.

It's a fancy five guys. Nothing great, I have had much better burgers. Like the one I just had at Burger21

BurgerFi is ok but no better than most of the others.

I could go for a Paul Molitor and some cheese curds right about now.

Around here it would be (for me):

Hodad's - Many regard being the best burger joint in town.

Chain: Islands. I'm partial to the Maui Burger (has guacamole).

Drive-thru: In and Out.

Around here it would be (for me):

Hodad's - Many regard being the best burger joint in town.

Chain: Islands. I'm partial to the Maui Burger (has guacamole).

Drive-thru: In and Out.
Hodads is solid.
I still prefer Habit to in and out.
Have you been to Notorious burger?

Hodads is solid.

I've never been there but talking to the guys from #theking, they said it was a great place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodads is solid.

I've heard of them, will have to try it. No Habit locations near me, I live and work in the East County during the week and spend my weekends in Cardiff, so that's why I say In & Out. If I have a burger on the weekend its usually my own. They put in a Sonic near me a couple of years ago, wasn't really impressed by it but only have been there once. Growing up we used to have a Foster's Freeze that made pretty good burgers.

I've never been there but talking to the guys from #theking, they said it was a great place.

They have one downtown (haven't been) but the OB one is worth the trip if you want the right atmosphere. I hear they also have a stand at Petco now. Haven't been to a Padre game in years but my son wants to take me to one. I'll definitely hit that up when there.

They have one downtown (haven't been) but the OB one is worth the trip if you want the right atmosphere. I hear they also have a stand at Petco now. Haven't been to a Padre game in years but my son wants to take me to one. I'll definitely hit that up when there.

I did not know that. I work near Balboa Park so might have to check the downtown location out.

I did not know that. I work near Balboa Park so might have to check the downtown location out.

After reading back through this I should clarify I'm talking about Hodad's, not Notorious.

I've heard of them, will have to try it. No Habit locations near me, I live and work in the East County during the week and spend my weekends in Cardiff, so that's why I say In & Out. If I have a burger on the weekend its usually my own. They put in a Sonic near me a couple of years ago, wasn't really impressed by it but only have been there once. Growing up we used to have a Foster's Freeze that made pretty good burgers.

At our last THP Event, we were in Carlsbad and had one of the dinners at Notorious.
Our next THP Event in San Diego (we have 4 there this year) the dinner is at Ballast Pointe.

If you go to a THP event you can count on amazing food.

At our last THP Event, we were in Carlsbad and had one of the dinners at Notorious.
Our next THP Event in San Diego (we have 4 there this year) the dinner is at Ballast Pointe.

Going to do everything I can to get in the Cleveland short game and Grandaddy. I want in both so bad. Of course for the food (to keep it on topic:angel:)

Last edited:
We had 5 Guys for the first time ever at lunch today. I was thoroughly unimpressed. There was nothing special about the burger, the fries tasted like Carl's Jr and it was expensive.

We had 5 Guys for the first time ever at lunch today. I was thoroughly unimpressed. There was nothing special about the burger, the fries tasted like Carl's Jr and it was expensive.
That is disappointing but you really have to be on the East Coast to get a proper 5 Guys meal. I will admit it doesn't always travel well. I have been to the original store and it is amazing. Sucks that you had a bad experience

I went to Five Guys in New York City last week. A little bacon cheeseburger, regular fries, and a small soda = $18. While I like their burgers, I've found a local place that has them very similar--and for considerably less $$$.

With it being National Hamburger Day, it's only fitting that this thread get a bump, and since I just read an article rating the top 5 "fast food" burgers, I thought I'd share. (link below). The surprise winner was Burger King (at least in the author's eyes), beating out Five Guys who finished second. The writer did acknowledge that Burger King's patty did not compare to that of Five Guys, but "what pushed Burger King into first place were the toppings, which added a dimension of flavor that Five Guys didn’t have, and the price, seeing as I could have bought six Burger King hamburgers for what one from Five Guys cost me". Not to dis the Whopper, which I have enjoyed on occasion, but I disagree with the author on this. Burger King isn't in the same league as Five Guys, although he did have a good point on the price comparison.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/surprise-winner-in-fast-food-hamburger-taste-test-120041277486.html

EGGGGGGGBURGER

502177c5e04185220cf55535802e75ad.jpg

In the Pub Room at Green Lakes State Park Golf Course outside of Syracuse.

Back