The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

I just hope the finals are a lot better to watch than what has gone on for the past 2 weeks. I hope it goes to 7 games, regardless of who wins.

I will say this. It is funny how much 5 years are in sports.
I mean we went from burning jerseys to Souf Beach and now the savior.

Cleveland is an interesting sports town.

Cavs handily win the east and now on this board, they are favorites to win it all?

Sounds like a lot of Cleveland/LBJ fans in here!

I, for one, am picking GS to win in no more than 6.

After they win the west tonight.

There are definitely Cleveland fans in here.

I didn't say it gives them the edge. I think there was mention that great players matter in the playoffs more than regular season (or something along those lines) with Clevevland over ATL being an example. I was saying GS is a different animal than ATL, in part because they have something ATL doesn't - a premier player, as evidenced by the MVP.

That makes sense.

I will say this. It is funny how much 5 years are in sports.
I mean we went from burning jerseys to Souf Beach and now the savior.

Cleveland is an interesting sports town.

he came back. I was leading the charge (minus the souf beach or burning jersey thing), but I respect a guy that comes back and makes it right.

How can you not? He could have gone anywhere.

he came back. I was leading the charge (minus the souf beach or burning jersey thing), but I respect a guy that comes back and makes it right.

Technically not true, but hey, I didnt say fans should not cheer, just that it was amusing. Some cities are different. Fans went from burning jerseys to naming their kids Bron Bron (look at little Bronie over there). :D

Maybe Trent Richardson is next and that way Philly V can complete his duet.

Technically not true, but hey, I didnt say fans should not cheer, just that it was amusing. Some cities are different. Fans went from burning jerseys to naming their kids Bron Bron (look at little Bronie over there). :D

Maybe Trent Richardson is next and that way Philly V can complete his duet.

haha whatever. you know what I mean.

I'll agree it's interesting to watch, but Cleveland is jaded. They had a truly remarkable player appear to buy in and then depart... That's a pretty damn emotional thing for a city who always loses.

That's a pretty damn emotional thing for a city who always loses.
I know people get worked up over sports, but honestly ... watching the birth of my child was a "damn emotional thing" ... I can't see any athlete leaving the team I root for falling into the same category.

I know people get worked up over sports, but honestly ... watching the birth of my child was a "damn emotional thing" ... I can't see any athlete leaving the team I root for falling into the same category.

No different than anything else. If its part of who you are, regardless of hobby, it will be emotional. I watch people have emotional attachments to a golf club, so a sports team is not that hard to fathom. They grow up with them, they cheer and celebrate with them and they share rivalries with them. Frankly its no different than religion for many and we know how passionate many are about that too.

*eyeroll*

If you've never seen a sports fan be emotional, you either watch sports alone or aren't paying attention. Not everyone has kids, and not everyone wants kids. What YOU find emotional is up to you, of course, but that's not the only option for everyone else.

If you've never seen a sports fan be emotional ...
Yeah, uh ... that's why I started my sentence with "I know people get worked up over sports ..."

I understand the phenomenon, just think it's silly. My two cents, you can keep the change.

Yeah, uh ... that's why I started my sentence with "I know people get worked up over sports ..."

I understand the phenomenon, just think it's silly. My two cents, you can keep the change.

Don't know if arrogant... or trolling...?

I guess we'll all just be silly, then.

I am going to remember this post when Oklahoma starts losing football games.

I was a massive Lebron hater when he left and I have never been a Cleveland fan obviously. I just think he did things the right way when he came back and it made me want to root for them and for my buddies who are Cavs fans to finally get a championship. If that makes me a bandwagon fan then so be it. I have no problem being labeled that.

Please do. I love my alma mater, but I won't burn my Oklahoma gear if Stoops leaves* or loses a few football games.

*Though most likely it'll be some stupid boosters who force him out and leave us with another John Blake era.

I was a massive Lebron hater when he left and I have never been a Cleveland fan obviously. I just think he did things the right way when he came back and it made me want to root for them and for my buddies who are Cavs fans to finally get a championship. If that makes me a bandwagon fan then so be it. I have no problem being labeled that.

Hey, it's cool. someone asked me yesterday where I was when Lebron wasn't there and I'm happy to say I wasn't really watching their games. I've been trying to be an Ohio sports fan (amateur sports aside) since i moved here but it's not like I'm going to connect with a team that has a losing record.

At the end of the day, he makes this team wildly better and incredibly fun to watch. When he came back, so did I.

Hey, it's cool. someone asked me yesterday where I was when Lebron wasn't there and I'm happy to say I wasn't really watching their games. I've been trying to be an Ohio sports fan (amateur sports aside) since i moved here but it's not like I'm going to connect with a team that has a losing record.

At the end of the day, he makes this team wildly better and incredibly fun to watch. When he came back, so did I.

Yeah I am not a huge basketball fan anymore but love to see exciting basketball. I know people will hate it but I would love to see Lebron bring a championship to Cleveland.

Yeah I am not a huge basketball fan anymore but love to see exciting basketball. I know people will hate it but I would love to see Lebron bring a championship to Cleveland.

I vote he brings 5 here.

I have never understood why bandwagon fan is a bad thing. It gets people involved with the community, the team and more.

I vote he brings 5 here.

Going with the Mikedean tactic.

2 week avatar bet says he doesnt win 5 in a row. :D

Going with the Mikedean tactic.

2 week avatar bet says he doesnt win 5 in a row. :D

How about I bet MikeDean's avatar control? He won't mind, and then I get to keep awesome Callaway talks for a while longer.

Oklahoma never loses. They just run out of time #AggieLogic

How about I bet MikeDean's avatar control? He won't mind, and then I get to keep awesome Callaway talks for a while longer.

Request denied.

I should have overlapped some of these wagers better, at some point I may control quite a few at the same time, should have staggered them out a bit.

Back