2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

My contest pairing was shot from the get go thanks to Fowler. I still have Rose but no way will that do it for me. It won't be a great week for me in fantasy, I only have 4 left, but hopefully Spieth keeps it from being a bad week.

I did catch one of those recaps Thursday evening. Thought it was weird.

With that said, Fox has obliterated the product that NBC has been offering for decades. It makes me cringe knowing that NBC is taking the Open Championship, though.
Would hope NBC pick up so,e tips. Would love to see the constant shot tracker adopted by all.

I've got Reed and Oosthuizen... Thought my goose was cooked but now I'm starting to believe!

I have Rose and walker left. So need some magic this weekend

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have Walker in another pool, boy did he get lucky with the cut line. I had him written off until I got home from a round last night and seen that the cut was +5

Great story just now on the golf channel on how Chambers Bay came about. What a great and crazy story. Makes me want to play this course even more. I should have that chance next year this time.

It's a very interesting history.

I'm still a little leery about how this course actually obtained a US Open spot seven months after opening.

Seems really strange.

It really is, now we just have to hope that the media can take the stories and run with them rather than waiting on a washed up tiger and hoping to recycle the stuff they've used the past 15 years.

Dude can strike his ball. I'm a new early fan as well.
Tony has catchers mitts for hands. Long ball hitter

It's a very interesting history.

I'm still a little leery about how this course actually obtained a US Open spot seven months after opening.

Seems really strange.
When Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed the course, he had Mike Davis with him. It was designed with the sole intention of hosting this tournament.

They were paired up at the last RC weren't they??

I like the pairing and feel like Speith is the angel & Reed is the devil, on each side of your shoulder. Not meaning that in any negative way, but feel like Patrick will be the one to take more risks and be more vocal. Either way we are very fortunate & agree Jman I hope the media can carve out stories other than the same recycled crap.
I'd have to putt Reed on the ankle, he is a big boy for the shoulder..

Obi One vs Darth Vader?
My inner nerd just screamed, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Obi-Wan

When Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed the course, he had Mike Davis with him. It was designed with the sole intention of hosting this tournament.

I get that.

But, less than a year?

I get that.

But, less than a year?

I don't understand the surprise, if you design a course to hold an event, wouldn't it make sense to schedule the event as quickly as possible.

Great story just now on the golf channel on how Chambers Bay came about. What a great and crazy story. Makes me want to play this course even more. I should have that chance next year this time.

Definitely a course I want to play. Bandon is also the others in that part of the country that I want to get to.

Please knock him out, he is such a wind bag

He was talking about men getting divorced cause it takes too long to play and the women getting mad. LOL. He forgot to take his meds this week. He was animated.

Definitely a course I want to play. Bandon is also the others in that part of the country that I want to get to.

Think this will have to be mixed in a trip like that. I'll take the extra day.

I don't see those two giving up the front spot. I see them coming back but still in the lead
I hope your right since I really like Spieth and have Reed for the contest. Just after seeing how the last 2 afternoons went I hope they could hold on. One thing I know is these youngins are making golf so much fun to watch.

I hope your right since I really like Spieth and have Reed for the contest. Just after seeing how the last 2 afternoons went I hope they could hold on. One thing I know is these youngins are making golf so much fun to watch.
I really think it's 'hold on tight and hope I get a good bounce time' last 10 group will have an epic time of it

I really think it's 'hold on tight and hope I get a good bounce time' last 10 group will have an epic time of it
I think these next 2 afternoons are gonna be very exciting down the stretch.

Not gonna win it today but one can lose it. Reed thought that shooting even par the next two days wouldn't win it. It's gonna take 2 more days going under par.

"It's like putting on broccoli" - Stenson.

Hahaha. That can't be good

Day gonna give it a go. Expect nothing less. Hope he can do it.

Day gonna give it a go. Expect nothing less. Hope he can do it.

Didn't know he had so many issues with that kind of stuff

Reed's confidence shows externally when he's on. Everything about his demeanor and play seems aggro. Spieth fires up but seems to keep a more even keel. That will be a fun pairing to watch! I think for this course the luck of the crazy bounces and epic rolls may be the deciding factor.

Back