What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy day yesterday!

I've been playing that par 62 course a lot to work on my iron play.

Front Nine:
Par 30
Score 42

1/9 GIR... Ugh... Started off with a triple (3 putt and penalty). Par, Bogey, Bogey, Double, Double, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey.. My short game was off. My putter was fantastic though. Even the 3 putt was not bad jut the greens were hard to read. Very firm but the speed was out there.

Back Nine
Par 32
Score 36

5/9 GIR
2/3 FIR

Tale of two halves! Bogey, Birdie, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Bogey.. Doesnt look like much but I had some nice shots. THe three puts I had were me. The Wilson Putter really has impproved my putting but I misread a couple shots and instead of leaving a short second shot I flew past the hole. Greens were faster on the back. But I had some nice shots! really happy with the back9. One internet drive too... WOW. The ball just seemed to explode off my driver and it was an amazing feeling. PLayed the whole round with just one ball! The penta was awesome.. Then I lost it on the 18th to water... Lol. Oh well. Nice ball though.

nice back round yoccos! it's always good to turn it around. nice job.

Crazy day yesterday!

I've been playing that par 62 course a lot to work on my iron play.

Front Nine:
Par 30
Score 42

1/9 GIR... Ugh... Started off with a triple (3 putt and penalty). Par, Bogey, Bogey, Double, Double, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey.. My short game was off. My putter was fantastic though. Even the 3 putt was not bad jut the greens were hard to read. Very firm but the speed was out there.

Back Nine
Par 32
Score 36

5/9 GIR
2/3 FIR

Tale of two halves! Bogey, Birdie, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Bogey.. Doesnt look like much but I had some nice shots. THe three puts I had were me. The Wilson Putter really has impproved my putting but I misread a couple shots and instead of leaving a short second shot I flew past the hole. Greens were faster on the back. But I had some nice shots! really happy with the back9. One internet drive too... WOW. The ball just seemed to explode off my driver and it was an amazing feeling. PLayed the whole round with just one ball! The penta was awesome.. Then I lost it on the 18th to water... Lol. Oh well. Nice ball though.

Nice job Yoccos! I wish we had a par 3 course to practice on. I work with a young guy who has declared pro status. His coach made him do practice rounds from the 150 marker on each hole until he got really good from that distance. He is pretty much deadly from there. I've thought about doing that from 100 yards out until I get that distance down and then move on out to about 125. I think that might just be my goal for the next week's practice.

Keep up the hard work/fun! It is paying off!

Nice job Yoccos! I wish we had a par 3 course to practice on. I work with a young guy who has declared pro status. His coach made him do practice rounds from the 150 marker on each hole until he got really good from that distance. He is pretty much deadly from there. I've thought about doing that from 100 yards out until I get that distance down and then move on out to about 125. I think that might just be my goal for the next week's practice.

if you and that pesky husband of yours ever find your way up here, i'll take you to a doozie of a par 3 course!!

Thanks KB! Yup I love the par 3 course. It mixes in enough par4's and Par 5's that it keeps it your driver/3w honest. Some of the Par 3's are longer so you get those long irons in too! 170-175 Seems to be the range Im really dailing in on the course. I think Im gonna try that whole 100 yards and in.... Stealin it :)

if you and that pesky husband of yours ever find your way up here, i'll take you to a doozie of a par 3 course!!

I thought you were the pesky one! I just did a mapquest and you're only 4 hrs 25 minutes away from us. We really should take the time to at least meet halfway somewhere and play a round of golf!

I thought you were the pesky one! I just did a mapquest and you're only 4 hrs 25 minutes away from us. We really should take the time to at least meet halfway somewhere and play a round of golf!

we can meet in hollywood, ga, at apple mtn golf course. my brother met setho there once for a round, and i'm also pretty sure that seemore guy would meet us as well, we could have a mini outing. or we could stay and play at a lovely course in homer, ga for very cheap for a weekend.

Ugh..
72.3/129 6678
97 (51/46)

57% fairways, 5% GIR (1), 34 putts (4 three putts)
1 Birdie, 2 pars, 7 Bogies

5 Penalty Strokes (3 in the first 4 holes). 4 off of 'bad bounces' and 1 earned. 7 sand strokes

The course had wide-ish fairways, but no rough to speak of. It went straight to 'native grass'. 4 of my penalty strokes came from drives that on my normal course would have been 3 paces into the rough but instead were swallowed into the thick stuff never to be seem again. I even found one ball, went back for my club, and then couldn't find it again. Overall my sand play was much improved over previous rounds. I only had to take 2 shots out of the same bunker once. Otherwise most of them got pin high and some even checked up. One was on hard caked sand (didn't know it at the time) and my club bounced off, blading the ball over the green OB (hole #1). It was that kind of day.

The more and more bad rounds I have posted, I am starting to realize that they can't all be bad luck or tough courses. Eventually I think that I have to accept that, just maybe, I am not as good of a golfer as I think I am. Le sigh.

Keep your head up Gus! From what I've seen, you can post some pretty good scores, but have a few higher ones mixed in. I wouldn't say that you're not a good golfer, but maybe you just need some more consistency. Only way to get that is to keep playing ;)

Had a great round today. Shot a 4-over, 75.

13/14 fairways. Was driving the ball as well and far as I ever have on the driving range. Hit a par-4 green (that is normally out of my range) in one, but missed the 25 foot eagle putt.
9/18 GIRs. Felt good with the ball striking. The greens were very firm, so some were not able to hold the green.
32 putts.
3 birdies, 7 pars, 7 bogeys.

Had a great round today. Shot a 4-over, 75.

13/14 fairways. Was driving the ball as well and far as I ever have on the driving range. Hit a par-4 green (that is normally out of my range) in one, but missed the 25 foot eagle putt.
9/18 GIRs. Felt good with the ball striking. The greens were very firm, so some were not able to hold the green.
32 putts.
3 birdies, 7 pars, 7 bogeys.

Nice round! Sounds like a fun day

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shot a +10 for 64 on a par 3 (54) course. Hit 9/18 GIR. I was even par for all the GIR holes, +10 for the holes I missed the green. In my defense, those greens were SMALL! I'm talking maybe 12 paces by 15 paces!

Anyway, it was my wife's first full 18 holes played, and I think she did very well. She was averaging 5s and 6s, but there were a few 4s sprinkled in with even one par! That came when her second shot (pitch) stopped 2 inches short of the cup for what would have been her first birdie!

All in all, a good day. Now to sit down with an ice cold beer and enjoy some world cup soccer and THP!

Played 36 with biggsy today at two different courses. 18 holes at Sarasota National and then 18 holes at Boca Royale where we live. Neither biggsy nor I played well this morning, both shooting in the mid-80s. Neither one of us played really poorly, but we just couldnt convert all day. THe course was playing long and the greens were ridiculously fast.

Then we played 18 holes at the course we live on and both shot 82. Playing from teh back we were both really happy since it is so tight off the tee. Again, neither of us converted much, but I was striking the ball really well, so I cant complain.

just an absolute brutal score on a perfect day at a beautiful course with great friends...
shot a 110! 19 over on both sides
that was the worst score ive had in a very long time...
i had zero control over the ball... the times it would go straight... it would either go too far or not enough...
the rest of the time it was hooking/slicing at the worst possible time...
at least i got to see the whole course... i mean the whoooole course... army golf... left right left
i did however have the shot of the day... pitch in for a triple... i didnt even see it fall

tough break bogey but great pitch in!

Had an 82. Not all that disappointed having not played in a week and a half.

What is disappointing though was the two doubles IN A ROW on the front 9 when I was sitting -1 at the time they happened.

79 is so freaking elusive its insane. Little things.

You'll be back in no time Bogey! That chip in was just a preview of your next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an 86 today from the tips at the Pearl Harbor course. Driving was absolutely horrendous half the time (had 2 duffs that couldnt have went more than 75 yards off the tee), new irons were everything i hoped theyd be and then some (stuck multiple approaches within 15 feet) and the putter was on fire on the front 9. Had a quadruple on number 4 (same hole that i had a triple on during my round of 80 last week) otherwise it was pretty solid.

Nice round! Sounds like a fun day

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's the best way to explain it, JLowe: It WAS a fun day.

shot 90 today 44/46
highlight of the front 9 was that i parred the hardest hole on the course. my drive got a good kick and ended up around the 320 mark off the tee. we figure it carried about 260 and got 60 yards of run leaving me with a lob to the green. my putt lipped out for birdie but very happy with Par.
on the back 9 i was playing well till i chunked a tee shot into the bushes and had to take 3 penalty drops to get to a playable lie!! ended up with an 8 (on a par 3 :( )
i was putting for eagle (driver and 8 iron to a par 5) on the next and took a birdie.
had another 8 after going OB with my first drive on the next hole
then finished par bogey.
interesting round, not the best score but i actually had a lot of fun and felt like i was hitting the ball well.

Shot ab 86 yesterday. 46/40. Had a pretty brutal start and just hacked up the 2 par 5's on the front with a couple of snowmen. Thought it is my second best round ever I wasn't too happy with it. Nothing really clicked for me today. Had to work for it. I guess I can't complain though

Saturday 7/3 Gordon Lakes Pine/Island 6500 yds
Wonderful morning 0730 tee time - shotgun start 62 degrees

6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4
1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4

6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 4
9 par 5 5
1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 3

Score 40 Island/35 Lake - 75 (+3)

A week later and the same score as last time, but a totally different feel to the round. Last Saturday it felt like the game was right at my fingertips, just so close to being good. Today I felt like I skated on the edge of mediocrity the entire round. I guess my scoring mode is on, because again the ball-striking was not so good, 8 greens in regulation and only 4 fairways hit, but I managed to get the ball in the hole enough to score decently.

Last edited:
played 9 during work... hahaha... shot 7 over for a 43...
for some reason the boss was there and a few others... it was pretty busy... but we didnt need that many ppl... so i went off the back and just played grip it n rip it and got thru 9 in around an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back