Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He announced it himself (shocking I know) that he will be painting the American Flag over the top of his General Lee.

I find this rather interesting, and am sure that there was outside pressure on this.

I saw that on a Facebook post and almost all the comments on that post were giving him hell for it.

Golfers should golf and stay out of politics...I was following him on FB until the announcement, no longer.

It will no longer be the General Lee.... I understand why he would do it and in no way condone some of the things that the rebel flag stands for, but some things just need to be preserved.

This sort of summed it up nicely:

JM

• Admin
It will no longer be the General Lee.... I understand why he would do it and in no way condone some of the things that the rebel flag stands for, but some things just need to be preserved.

If he had such a problem with the flag (and I am no fan), then he shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. Instead he bought the car and paraded it around social media like a conquest.

Completely agree with JB.

If he was that offended by the confederate flag, he shouldn't have purchased the General Lee.

I get the impression Bubba bought it because he wanted to be BUBBA and extreme and such.

Agree completely with JB and Seth here. 100%

People will hate Bubba for any reason. "He's rich and bought a car that any man would want to own what a deuchebag. He drove the car too? What a deuche. A racially driven tragedy happened and Bubba realized his car was caught up in controversy and like a good person decided to change it? Complete deuchary."

I'm pretty sure when he bought the car he was so excited to have a childhood obsession that the flag wasn't even in his mind. Just like I would be if I could buy the Batmobile

The translation post above is spot on. I think Bubba bought it because it's the General Lee, and any hardcore Dukes fan (as I have been since I was very little) hold that car in the highest esteem. Not because of the flag on top or what it stood for, but because of what that car was to our childhood. I always dreamed of owning that car, and I bet Bubba did too. I think that Bubba fulfilling a childhood dream got in the way of some political BS.

People will hate Bubba for any reason. "He's rich and bought a car that any man would want to own what a deuchebag. He drove the car too? What a deuche. A racially driven tragedy happened and Bubba realized his car was caught up in controversy and like a good person decided to change it? Complete deuchary."

I'm pretty sure when he bought the car he was so excited to have a childhood obsession that the flag wasn't even in his mind. Just like I would be if I could buy the Batmobile

Yep, he's merited NONE of the heat he gets. Nope, none at all. Poor guy, he's just picked on.

Yep, he's merited NONE of the heat he gets. Nope, none at all. Poor guy, he's just picked on.

I'm not saying he never deserves criticism. But I will say in this instance it does not deserve the typical Bubba bashing given out on here.

Someone needs to take his car from him immediately!

So it was cool to cruise around in 3weeks ago and now it's not and he's gonna hop on the BS bandwagon and change it. He better take the name and 01 off of it as well.

He'd be better off paint the car black than Ruining it by painting over the confederate flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should just sell the car. It's a piece of history and deserves better than to be defaced by Bubba.

I'm not saying he never deserves criticism. But I will say in this instance it does not deserve the typical Bubba bashing given out on here.

To YOU it doesn't, which I respect. To me though, its another case of him putting himself in the spotlight of social media, the way he paraded that car around since buying it with ZERO issues with what was on the roof only to have a change of mind NOW? Come on.

Two opinions, two sides, neither one is "bashing".

The translation post above is spot on. I think Bubba bought it because it's the General Lee, and any hardcore Dukes fan (as I have been since I was very little) hold that car in the highest esteem. Not because of the flag on top or what it stood for, but because of what that car was to our childhood. I always dreamed of owning that car, and I bet Bubba did too. I think that Bubba fulfilling a childhood dream got in the way of some political BS.

Neither of you see the irony in the FREAKING NAME OF THE CAR?

Cmon, now...

This is going way too far. Other than that, no comment.

Cmon, now...

Im not saying that I dont.

He should just sell the car. It's a piece of history and deserves better than to be defaced by Bubba.

^^^This^^^

Cmon, now...

So automatically, because Bubba bought a car called the General Lee with a confederate flag on it, it is proof he is a bigoted racist and a supporter of slavery?

Perhaps he just bought a iconic car from a TV show. Should we accuse all those who attended Washington & Lee university of being racist slavery supporters? Or anyone who watched the Dukes of Hazard? How could someone watch that show with that symbol and a car with that name and not be cognizant of what it represented and therefore a supporter of everything it represented?

Or, perhaps it was just a really stupid TV show....

So automatically, because Bubba bought a car called the General Lee with a confederate flag on it, it is proof he is a bigoted racist and a supporter of slavery?

Perhaps he just bought a iconic car from a TV show. Should we accuse all those who attended Washington & Lee university of being racist slavery supporters? Or anyone who watched the Dukes of Hazard? How could someone watch that show with that symbol and a car with that name and not be cognizant of what it represented and therefore a supporter of everything it represented?

Or, perhaps it was just a really stupid TV show....

Who said anything of the sort. I have no issue with the car, the TV show, etc. Nor the issue that he bought it. I have issue with the fact that he is making it news that he is painting the flag off this car, that is freaking named the General Lee.

Anything to draw attention though...

Not sure how anything I posted could even be construed to what was just posted above....My goodness.

For any reason? No....

Although his big thing for religion and then seeing how he treats his caddy on national television is quite ironic.

Who said anything of the sort. I have no issue with the car, the TV show, etc. Nor the issue that he bought it. I have issue with the fact that he is making it news that he is painting the flag off this car, that is freaking named the General Lee.

Anything to draw attention though...

Not sure how anything I posted could even be construed to what was just posted above....My goodness.

#GeneralGrant FTW

Back