2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Does anyone else in the top 20 in the world switch putters more than Justin Rose? Maybe Sergio, but wow he went the complete different direction this week.

I thought this was interesting too, but with such big greens and them being generally slower he's going to have to make some bigger strokes. I believe he said he was looking for a little more forgiveness off the face, and the spider definintely does that for him.

If JB or staff don't mind answering:

How many people had TW in their picks?

Going out, absolutely. Coming back, I hear it's a bear.

Watching ZJ come back will be telling, as he's not a long hitter.

Looks like by the scorecards. Probably coming back into the wind?

I really would love to play this course

I'm really surprised with the lack of people there watching. The bleachers are almost empty

:alien: Tiger is through for the day

If JB or staff don't mind answering:

How many people had TW in their picks?

We dont give the exact number, but as we mentioned earlier, he was the 2nd most selected player behind Jordan Spieth.

Looks like by the scorecards. Probably coming back into the wind?

I really would love to play this course

Yeah, it shifts completely on the players, which is tough. Spieth was talking about how he warmed up and played the first 9 in the same wind, then had to adjust and lower his flight for the back. He said he was quite pleased with going even on the back based on conditions.

I didn't enter the contest since I already have an 815 driver.

But by Sunday afternoon I'll let you guys know who my choices would have been.

Thanks buddy, I have noticed how accurate you are at predicting too.

We dont give the exact number, but as we mentioned earlier, he was the 2nd most selected player behind Jordan Spieth.

Thanks. Missed the earlier post.

Mind boggling to me he's still that popular.

Seems like the course is playing quite a bit more difficult now than it did earlier, I wonder what the AM v PM will be tomorrow. (Weather Talk allowed during The Open)

It appears having to go over the pond a week earlier to get "accustomed" to links style play is overrated.

Signed,

Spieth and Z. Johnson

Some of these guys are lighting up the front

I hate hearing American announcers thinking their being cute using British euphemisms. Don't tell me Justin Rose is in a spot of bother, you daft knob.

I heard Rose wanted something heavier due to the greens.

The back 9 will probably start playing tough this afternoon and tomorrow is supposed to be nasty in the afternoon. Wonder what the difference will be in scores between the morning and afternoon time both days.

It appears having to go over the pond a week earlier to get "accustomed" to links style play is overrated.

Signed,

Spieth and Z. Johnson

Co-signed, TW

-- wait...

Kuch with the J815 bomb!

How is Mickelson doing? Haven't been able to watch any of this yet :(. Went with him and Ousty

went with Garcia & Day, random picks but would be cool to see another DJ & Speith finale

Rose has burned a ton of edges already. Few inches puts him in 1st

Rickie with the eagle!

-7 .... ???? Looks like 20 under will win this thing

these are guys are just destroying every course every week

Ricky with the eagle on 10 (par 4). Boom

Back