Miyazaki on ITR - Questions

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Back by popular demand Tim Gillis from Miyazaki Shafts is coming on In The Rough with JB & GG next week. He will be chatting with us about all things shafts and equipment. So we want to hear from you, what would you like to ask Tim? He is one of the most knowledgeable people in the golf industry so don't hold back he can answer any equipment/shaft questions you have.

712047616_dsc_7370.jpg

If you didn't get a chance to hear him on our radio show last time you can listen to it here.

Also, Miyazaki Shafts has some new shafts coming out so if you have questions on them too you can read about the new arrivals here.

We look forward to hearing all your questions and we can't wait to chat with Tim again.

Hmmm, let's see.....

Not so much a question, but seeing as a large number of us are talking about shaft fitting I was wondering what Miyazaki is doing in that regard to help the average consumer. Miyazaki shafts aren't too readily available up in Canada (at least not that I've seen in my neck of the woods), what are their plans to expand internationally? Will we see an online fitting section on their website? And ultimately, what is the best way for a person like myself to get fit for a Miyazaki shaft? (The THP Fall Outing?? :D)

In the premier issue of THP the magazine when you published your nterview with Tim you had asked why there has never been a set standard in the industry for shaft flex. TIm respose was basically that financial issues cuase the delay. From the average golfers perspective it can be very confusing where one company's stiff is another's regular. Does he think this will ever change or are we destined to be confused?

I know from personal experience that the shafts are top shelf, but I am curious about the art on them. I read on the Miyazaki web site that relatively unknown artists are commissioned to create the look of the shaft. Can you give us any details on the conceptualization and creation of the art on the shaft?

Keep them coming everybody. Tim Gillis is a true equipment and shaft expert and can answer questions about any topic involving golf equipment.

How were they able to create a high quality shaft in such a light weight?

Smash factor seems to come up a lot and I was wondering how important that stat is. I have an idea of what it tells you but didn't know if a shaft can have a big impact. I noticed when I mess around with different drivers I can have a low smash factor but it seems like a better ball flight.

im curious about the new shafts how they get them to perform to the level we have come to know and love from Miyazaki (just put one on my 3 wood) and be so lightweight. i am really interested to hear his take on the new shaft and if he can kinda clue us in on how it looks

im curious about the new shafts how they get them to perform to the level we have come to know and love from Miyazaki (just put one on my 3 wood) and be so lightweight. i am really interested to hear his take on the new shaft and if he can kinda clue us in on how it looks

We will be able to do that Monday for you. Ours should be here then and pics will go right up.

Wow is there anything y'all cant do?

is he a proponent of the lighter shafts himself? or is this something that's come down the line as a result of being affiliated with Cleveland, and their pursuit of the lightest driver on the market?

Dont forget to get your questions in everybody.

having had the miyazaki black kasula series shaft in play for a while now (and being extremely pleased with it), what benefits might be offered in the new shafts that can't be found in the kasula series?

Today is the last day to get questions in. Tim is more than just a Miyazaki expert, he can answer anything on equipment, shafts in general, and anything else. This should be a great show.

maybe ask him about the online shaft fitting tools. With Miyazaki using the 4 number set for shaft stiffness, does he see Miyazaki setting up something like that?

I didn't go back through all the other questions asked, but how challenging has it been to design a shaft around the heads of todays clubs? What does he think of the movable weight/shaft position technology? As a regular old Hacker with a mid swing speed and standard control problems, mostly draw, what shaft would he recommend for my R9?

What were the biggest hurdles and some of the Back to the Drawing Board moments when designing the first shafts?

Back