The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

So, after a couple of PM's, I feel the need to address a couple things in here because as I said this year its going to be a forum thing and I meant it.

First, I think way too many got way too mixed up on what was being said in a thread here yesterday and people automatically took things to a polarized position when there was no need and that was not the message trying to be conveyed. This event is EVERYTHING all rolled into one. Yes, its a once in a lifetime experience put on by a kick ass company with memories to be made that will be re-lived daily for the rest of peoples lives, but the equipment is part of that and it dang sure should be. I mean, we are going to get fit for 14 clubs? By the OEM? Are you kidding me? So, lets not discount either side, and remember that one allows for the other. Cally lays it on the line for us with this event of badassery and its mind melting to know even a fraction of what goes into it. Hell, look at how Finley is busting his ass to try and make it better, seriously? Better? Insanity. So to hell with the polarized stances, sometimes I think people want to argue just to argue, instead, lets all basque in the freaking awesome.

Second, I want it known that I have ZERO say on who makes #TeamRedemption and there is not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for that fact. Seriously.

Third, this is the mother-effin' Gandaddy of em all. Its going to melt minds and faces, AGAIN, and thats the way it should be. When THP and Callaway come together, awesome is the only possibility.

#WinterisComing #TheGrandaddy #FinleyStillThinksImCute #TeamRedemption

Oh HELL yes!

So, after a couple of PM's, I feel the need to address a couple things in here because as I said this year its going to be a forum thing and I meant it.

First, I think way too many got way too mixed up on what was being said in a thread here yesterday and people automatically took things to a polarized position when there was no need and that was not the message trying to be conveyed. This event is EVERYTHING all rolled into one. Yes, its a once in a lifetime experience put on by a kick ass company with memories to be made that will be re-lived daily for the rest of peoples lives, but the equipment is part of that and it dang sure should be. I mean, we are going to get fit for 14 clubs? By the OEM? Are you kidding me? So, lets not discount either side, and remember that one allows for the other. Cally lays it on the line for us with this event of badassery and its mind melting to know even a fraction of what goes into it. Hell, look at how Finley is busting his ass to try and make it better, seriously? Better? Insanity. So to hell with the polarized stances, sometimes I think people want to argue just to argue, instead, lets all basque in the freaking awesome.

Second, I want it known that I have ZERO say on who makes #TeamRedemption and there is not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for that fact. Seriously.

Third, this is the mother-effin' Gandaddy of em all. Its going to melt minds and faces, AGAIN, and thats the way it should be. When THP and Callaway come together, awesome is the only possibility.

Oh HELL yes!

Well said. It will be a cold winter in the Calloway offices with no belt to keep them warm at night.

I love that you say it's going to melt faces. Makes me laugh every time lol

Indiana Jones face melt?

Oh HELL yes!

Quoting myself because a) I can and b) I want to make sure its seen and not dropped at the end of a page

Every time this thread pops up I get excited. Every time I see a new post I can't wait to read it. You never know if its going to be Jman getting everyone pumped up or Finley talking smack about team effort, a former teammate reminiscing or forum member dreaming about being part of #TeamRedemption. But it doesn't matter because its the freaking #Grandaddy!! The fact that Callaway loves this event as much as we do and are trying to make it better SAY WHAT? Speaks volumes about the company and the people. I've been there, I've experienced the awesomeness of #TheGrandaddy and Callaway/#zoocrew and making it better seems almost impossible, but somehow I just know that they will come up with something.

Guaranteed to be an experience you will never forget!

This event is surrounded by awesomeness as in The Captain (yes I read he doesn't get a say in selection ha ha), the Company, the people of the company, the venue, fellow THPers and the Fricking Equipment.

I want in!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Absolutely love the #WinterisComing mention.

THP'ers will be descending on Callaway, and hopefully leaving a respectful path of destruction on the course. They won't know what hit them!

Oh HELL yes!

Well said, Captain! It was said that someone would show up with goodwill clubs to play with Callaway folks, and I absolutely would too, because they're that awesome, but that wouldn't be the Grandaddy. Getting fit for, and receiving an entire bag of custom awesome clubs would be amazing, but without the Zoo Crew and the amazing courses, and R&D discussion, it wouldn't be the Grandaddy. The amazing thing about the Grandaddy is that it's EVERYTHING a golfer could want all wrapped into one. It really is that amazing. #WinterisComing #RedemptionisComing

While practicing your golf game, one little bit of advice. Practice how to have fun on the course. I know many are going to say "I always have fun", but fun at the Grandaddy is a different kind of fun.

If you hit a bad shot, no head down, no pouting, no "It must be this swing change". Embrace the golf course, embrace the fun of the game and you will embrace the Grandaddy.

I have to admit, having played golf with Ethan before, I 100% agree and suggest this. It is a completely different feeling knowing no matter how you're playing, the people you are playing with will laugh, joke, high five and cheer for you the whole time. If you're lucky enough to be part of this awesome event, there's only one think you can ever get upset about: saying goodbye at the end of it on your way home from the airport. Other than that it's pure happiness from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh HELL yes!

I'm not going to lie, #FinleyStillThinksImCute makes me smile and chuckle for a minute every time I read it.

I've played rounds with AJ, Ethan, ScottyG and JRod. Three of the most memorable rounds of my life. Its right up there with my very first THP round with Marc and Freddie. Such great people, and I imagine its no accident Harry surrounds himself with people like that, so their success is no surprise. We're afforded incredible experiences through this site to sit in a cart with people who make the industry for the game we love to hate go 'round. Its cliché, but they really do get it and it'd be an absolute treat to get to play golf with them again, even without all the gracious ad-ons that come with this event. People would pay large sums of money for less than what this event is.

Love reading this thread and the passion from everyone but especially the captain. In the military we had leaders that if they told you to run through the wall you would. So captain tell me where the wall is and I will run through it.

Thought about this one a ton yesterday. The fitting, the gear, the facilities, the people, the golf...I was like a kid on Christmas Eve trying to goto sleep.

And I'm not even in it.

Yet.

Ready to throw my name in the hat.

for me JB, its the challenge of getting better, not dwelling on the bad stuff ( i know i am going to miss shots ). when i put myself in a bad spot because of a bad shot, the challenge is to make a better shot to get out of trouble!

i enjoy the challenge of getting better!
You could literally show up today and be fine. You have the game for the grandaddy and from what I can tell, the atitude. Work on your game to the best of your ability. Don't kill yourself but work some things out. I promise you will be ready if they call you up.

This event is (should be )an absolute bucket list for any of us. I am totally looking forward to trying to get in. Would love nothing more than to create the memories that the folks that have made the previous 2 events and shared here on the forum. The equipment is a huge plus but not the reason to want in. The friendships that seem to be made will last a lifetime along with the memories. Also being a history maker and taking down the #ZooCrew for Capt. JMAN for the 1st THP win in this event would be epic. Can't wait for the fun to begin. After the last 2 winters around here I never thought I'd be wishing for winter to arrive so quickly.

Love reading this thread and the passion from everyone but especially the captain. In the military we had leaders that if they told you to run through the wall you would. So captain tell me where the wall is and I will run through it.
Yup, and even though I retired in '09, there are still a couple that I'd do that for; because they were real leaders, they live it day in and day out. Just as I feel James does. It's not just a one time act, as I've played with him before and have seen his passion for the game and willingness to help others get better.

And what JB says has merit. At the first Gauntlet, I really tried to just focus on the next shot. Looking forward and visualizing the shot and what I needed to do to beat the other twosome (I played vs. Finley and Rhi) helped keep me centered I think. I really wanted to beat Finley (playing with Ethan) so that helped me forget the bad stuff and move on. Yes, we beat him. :alien:

When you have dreams of remembrance about the event, you know? It just starts the day the right way!

#TheGrandaddy way!

Preparation got back into operation this weekend

Hit the pool last night for a swim and will be back on the course tomorrow morning for the first time since Close House

I'm not going to lie. Getting new equipment that most likely isn't even on the publics radar is reason enough to want in.

Add in the fact that two great guys I consider friends are already part of the event makes it even Grander!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

After reliving what these guys and MB are feeling, My competitive juices flowing. Where my game is at right now I am ready to give the Grandaddy a shot!!!

Well said. It will be a cold winter in the Calloway offices with no belt to keep them warm at night.

It may be cold when CallOway does not have the belt but CallAway will keep the belt....for sure.

It may be cold when CallOway does not have the belt but CallAway will keep the belt....for sure.
Even has time to drop in and talk some smack on his bday, gotta love it. Have a good one Finley

Back