The Jordan Spieth Thread

Isn't there superstition about touching the trophy without winning it?

I love that they're all buddies. Definitely couldn't have imagined this with some past champions.

I love that they're all buddies. Definitely couldn't have imagined this with some past champions.

Oh come on, you know Tiger let the lovely Perkins waitresses drink out of his......Claret Jug

I get the impression that Speith has no regrets what-so-ever about his finish at The Open. He did the best he could and he will learn from it and try it again next time. He seems so totally grounded in what's important right now, that things that happened 2 days ago, or 2 minutes ago are not weighing him down in any way. To be that confident in himself and what he is doing is absolutely amazing. The only time he seems insecure is when he has to take his hat off. ;) Now if he can just get those 6-12 foot putts dialed in like his 18-25 footers.

Last edited:
Just the NHL!!!

As a hockey fan, when I saw it, I couldn't help but think of the superstition in hockey and slightly cringe seeing that.

As a hockey fan, when I saw it, I couldn't help but think of the superstition in hockey and slightly cringe seeing that.
Same here...it just seems wrong to me.

I saw that too but they should match up number of starts not by age. They both have 2 majors thru 69 starts.

Good idea, I thought it was interesting how many more starts Spieth had. I wonder how the competition at the time compares too.

Just saw that the PGA tour re-tweeted this. Happy birthday Jordan. I don't get how you could not like the kid.

Just saw that the PGA tour re-tweeted this. Happy birthday Jordan. I don't get how you could not like the kid.

He is a good one. Then again, perfect example is Phil. Does everything right for the fans. Told its "fake". Yet if you scream like an infant, dont worry, that's "intensity". :D

He is a good one. Then again, perfect example is Phil. Does everything right for the fans. Told its "fake". Yet if you scream like an infant, dont worry, that's "intensity". :D

yeah but he's from Texas. He can't complain about taxes

His pleasant disposition is so genuine. Nothing seems forced or done because he feels obligated. Just a good guy, all the way around.

His pleasant disposition is so genuine. Nothing seems forced or done because he feels obligated. Just a good guy, all the way around.

I truly hope we don't hear something bad about him, because I would agree he just seems like a genuinely good guy. Very Jason Day like.

I truly hope we don't hear something bad about him, because I would agree he just seems like a genuinely good guy. Very Jason Day like.

Which once again gives me optimism about the Tour. We NEED more guys like this playing solid golf every week!

So much more enjoyable to watch.

It's rare to find someone in the public we like he is. It's very refreshing and I dont think we will hear anything bad about him. I do think peeps will try to manufacture things that are controversial but that's to sell free papers

It's rare to find someone in the public we like he is. It's very refreshing and I dont think we will hear anything bad about him. I do think peeps will try to manufacture things that are controversial but that's to sell free papers

Sadly that will be done about anyone in the public eye, because controversy is so much more entertaining, or so the media says.

Which once again gives me optimism about the Tour. We NEED more guys like this playing solid golf every week!

So much more enjoyable to watch.
I think we are seeing the tour make a nice change right now. You can be food and nice and still kick the snot out of the course. You don't have to be uber selfish to be good.

Here is an interesting tidbit I read:

After Woods played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings were $2.7 million ($4.2 m today)
After Spieth played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings are $18.4 million

here it is.......we all probably got it email blasted by Golf Digest.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/07/jordan-spieth-age-tiger-woods-comparison.html

some of 2 is due to 1's blowing golf marketability up and purses for sure...........HDTV helps past 2005 as well since it makes golf easier to watch on tv for even non-golfers. As pointed out JS is playing nearly every tourney whereas TW was very selective with them even then.

If I was commissioner I'd vote to lower purses if they'd use the damn city names instead of the Sponsors name......the telecasts really despise saying what city they are near more and more often now I've noticed, meh.

Last edited:

After Woods played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings were $2.9 million
After Speith played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings are $17.4 million

inflation-adjusted for woods would be $4.4 million in today's dollars, but that's still a massive delta. is that because spieth has won more prestigious tournaments, or just because the reality of today's game is even more dollars?

After Woods played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings were $2.9 million
After Speith played in the British open when he was 21 his lifetime earnings are $17.4 million

The money is way different today than in 96-97. Tiger had 2 wins in '96 alone and even with both of those and the 6 other top 10's he only made $790,000.

Back