2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

See ya, Savannah. Another great weekend.

See ya, Savannah. Another great weekend.

Have a safe trip home and thanks for the brewski !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a safe trip home and thanks for the brewski !!!

After that round, some A/C and a cold drink were very much needed. It was good to finally meet you, Bill. I'm going to have to find some more GT supporters. Barry and I tend to be outnumbered.

Fupy and I were just riding down the elevator when an older lady got on and said: "are you two brothers?"

Fupy and I were just riding down the elevator when an older lady got on and said: "are you two brothers?"
Twins

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The only appropriate response would have been, "No. Partners," in a really disgusted tone.

The only appropriate response would have been, "No. Partners," in a really disgusted tone.

ATL for the win!!!! Great response IMO.

Lynne and I will be checking out in a few minutes ( I like noon checkout) and heading down to River Street for a good meal at The Shrimp Factory and then heading back to central Georgia.

Fupy and I went a different route for food this morning. I'm smothered, covered, and peppered and we're now southbound for Jacksonville.

I can't wait for LUNCH.

Fupy and I went a different route for food this morning. I'm smothered, covered, and peppered and we're now southbound for Jacksonville.

I can't wait for LUNCH.
Waffle house round dos?

Congrats guys on the win! Looked like a great time was had by all

Congrats on the win guys! I enjoyed following along

Just finished my shrimp & grits, Lynne is wrapping up her coconut shrimp and then we are headed home, I will be smiling all the way. I love getting together with my THP brothers and sisters.

Made it home safe last night making that long drive to ATL after dinner. Such a great invitational. Best invitational course I've played, and best dinner too!

Here's a pic of Miller Time's plate(s) last night. Note the professional move of omitting the tiny bowl for grits and grabbing a dessert plate for his grit concoction. Clearly a scratch index when it comes to food!

20150808_192109_zps90frot6m.jpg

It really was a perfect venue top to bottom. We planned the event around a quick visit GG and I made a couple of years ago and the restaurant and course were on point this weekend and THPers made it better.

Thanks to everybody that came, and my last words will be ....GRIT BAR!!!!!!

Quick recap as I wait to get to the airport -
It was great seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and playing golf with good people at a great course! I had an absolute blast playing Friday with two legends in OleGray and KellyBo, and MiklMan Shev - such a great way to start what ended up being a really fun weekend!
Donne - I'm glad you posted your 0-11 record and am very pleased that we pulled out a W, even if you would sacrifice the balls for the banner!
Grits were awesome!
A big THANK YOU to Bridgestone Golf, JB, GG, MD and MWard for setting everything up - this was a terrific event!

Last edited:
Well I have made it back home after a quick stop at PGA SS in Myrtle Beach. This was my third event and it was an incredible one. Thank you to JB, Morgan, Ward and Mike dean for everything you guys do into putting these events together.

Played with Ken for the first time and had an absolute blast. I couldn't get him another win but was a pleasure being his partner. Hope you can rest up and get that shoulder healthy.

Played with Dave and Donne and had a great time and enjoyed watching them win the whole thing. Congrats guys

Lastly the food was incredible but the company was even better. These events will never get old and I can't wait till the next one I attend

Well I have made it back home after a quick stop at PGA SS in Myrtle Beach. This was my third event and it was an incredible one. Thank you to JB, Morgan, Ward and Mike dean for everything you guys do into putting these events together.

Played with Ken for the first time and had an absolute blast. I couldn't get him another win but was a pleasure being his partner. Hope you can rest up and get that shoulder healthy.

Played with Dave and Donne and had a great time and enjoyed watching them win the whole thing. Congrats guys

Lastly the food was incredible but the company was even better. These events will never get old and I can't wait till the next one I attend

It was great playing with you again - your swing is looking great!! I'm looking forward to teeing it up again with you!

I hope everyone has a safe trip home!
Thanks to JB, GG, mikedean, Bridgestone, and the really fine folks at the Westin for a really great event! So sorry work forced me to leave before The Pirate House. I've had the pleasure previously so JB and GG nailed that one.

Before I review the event I want to say to anyone wondering about joining THP or entering one of these events, just do it! This was my first year signing up for events and I did three of the Bstone Invitationals. What JB and GG do with these events....... the locations, the courses, the meet ups, the formats, the prizes, and welcoming all levels of player is really a special thing....and that's before getting to meet and play with some really, really fine people. I'm glad I jumped off the fence this year. Oh, and you are donating to Folds of Honor. No. Brainer.

I played with my partner mpeterson alongside TOAD and ncsuhunter and had a great time. I really enjoyed this course, especially the greens. Mpeterson carried us off the tee on the first nine while I daydreamed about ice cream, unicorns, Jennifer Aniston, and straight drives. I found a little bit of driver on the back nine and we had a pretty good best ball 37 I think it was. It was great seeing a first timer, ncsuhunter enjoying is first event too! The Sun went to Defcon 1 around hole 15!
The Bstone Championship at Disney will be awesome! I hope my buddy calls off the wedding and I sneak in!

Back in Tampa, will post a little recap soon.. But wanted to say thanks to THP & Bridgestone ..another great event and venue.. THPrs are some of the best people out there!!

Heck when I first met Fupy I said hello and went back to my cart. Turned around and saw you standing over there and went over and shook your hand, I think? :bulgy-eyes:

KellyBo and I just returned home to Watkinsville about 30 minutes ago. We've been hugging animals and such trying to get settled back in. It was a great weekend and so many awesome new friends to add to our THP family. Gawd the food was great at the Pirate house last evening! There was even collard greens on the menu so yea, I was in hawg Heaven... :pig: So many good memories and once I catch my breath and ponder a bit, I will be back in with some after thoughts :thumb:

Lynne & I arrived safely home around 4, after a short nap I am ready to head back down for another round with everyone. Yes it was that much fun. Of course we would need to eat at the Pirate's House again for chicken, collards, and grits. Thank you again Josh, Morgan, md & wardy for making this such a great weekend for everyone!

Write up in a day or so as I relive the memories.

344b02e04d0487313240e76352580428.jpg

You are too funny KellyBo!

So glad you guys had an epic event! I'm really bummed that I couldn't be there. I'm on recovery for at least the next month, but the doc said no surgery, which was a huge weight off my shoulders. Congrats to the winners, and Scott, sorry I missed you. You're not that far away, so we'll have to meet in the middle one of these days!

Back