Cure Putters Review Thread

I may or may not have stolen an RXi from someone and will put it through some paces.
Having rolled this putter exactly twice in the hotel room, consider me intrigued. It was not overly grotesque in weight, and with the insert, not nearly as loud as the other model(s). It felt great (smooth) in the stroke and really seemed to get the ball rolling quick.

Played my RX3 for the first time today and was amazed at the results. I typically have a couple of 3 putts per round and some really bone head putts but today was different. I had a grand total of 31 putts and only 1 really bad putt where I took the wrong line and was punished. The good news is I made the 8foot par putt coming back. I can't wait to take this back out and play with it some more.

I was really impressed watching Milk Man roll this puppy this weekend and I have to admit, it sparked some interest :thumb:

Love all the updates guys! Excited to see more and more THPers rolling Cure Putters!

Watching the Milk Man (THPer) roll this thing at the THP Invitational in Savannah was awesome. Guy has a killer short game.

Which is extra impressive seeing how long he is off the tee too. Great game all around. Glad he's getting along well with the cure!

I was really impressed watching Milk Man roll this puppy this weekend and I have to admit, it sparked some interest :thumb:

Thanks for all the compliment guys. This is the best putter I have ever used. It does take some time to get used to, but if you take the time to dial it in. The results speak for themselves.

Thanks for all the compliment guys. This is the best putter I have ever used. It does take some time to get used to, but if you take the time to dial it in. The results speak for themselves.

Thanks MilkMan, great to hear of your success with the RX3F - Love it!

The RXi got a nice feature in this month's Golf Digest!
11807644_843683885684660_331453035028219370_o.jpg

Had the opportunity to roll Mike's RXi on Saturday and was equally impressed with the weight and overall design of the putter. Not one of my good putting days, however this was in no means translation to the putter.
The RXi just puts a great roll on the ball and I was fascinated with the modifications the user can make to the putter. At first I immediately noticed the sound, but had forgot about it by mid round.

Definitely not something I should have done, but a Cure is high on my list of next purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just subscribed to this thread because these putters simply intrigue me. Plus the fact I played my last two rounds with Milk Man and saw some convincing rolls with his Cure.

Had the opportunity to roll Mike's RXi on Saturday and was equally impressed with the weight and overall design of the putter. Not one of my good putting days, however this was in no means translation to the putter.
The RXi just puts a great roll on the ball and I was fascinated with the modifications the user can make to the putter. At first I immediately noticed the sound, but had forgot about it by mid round.

Definitely not something I should have done, but a Cure is high on my list of next purchases.

I've got a RX2 tour you can try out too.

So here's the combo that I have been having all my success with recently. 85g super stroke flatso 1.0 and Cure RX2 tour set to 400g (1 1/4" aluminum and 1 1/8" aluminum). I have been averaging about 30 putts per round with this set up and multiple edges burned on top of that. In 3 rounds, I've only had one misjudged putt the entire time, and that was from off the green. I've been holding my line much better since I flattened out the lie angle and my pace control has been excellent. Since I got a few putters pretty much all around the same time, I have been rotating a different one in every other round, but this has now held steady the past few rounds and I don't see myself taking it out right now. Performance has been ridiculous lately.

2e760e9432c94bfd12e153f382687957.jpg

Question for those with knowledge:

If miss is a pull left, can adjusting the lie angle help with that? If so, which way?

Hmmmmm that center shaft model cbaker is rolling looks sweet!

If miss is a pull left, can adjusting the lie angle help with that? If so, which way?

Not sure but but check where your eyes are in relation to over the ball, just inside or too far inside. Maybe also check ball position. Iirc if you are to inside the ball with your eyes you will pull the ball...

I believe flatter would help, but I'm not positive. That seemed to help me since I seemed to be pulling a lot of putts previously.

I've got a RX2 tour you can try out too.

I'm not sure if I tried it out it would make it back in your bag.

I'm not sure if I tried it out it would make it back in your bag.

Ok maybe you can just look at it.

Just got my new (to me) RX2 out on the putting green. I had the lie angle tuned in at the house so I just played w the weight.
I put the two aluminum weights (each side) on and started seeing really good distance control. Things seemed to have no issues getting around the hole, still left some putts short. After a good 1/2 hour rolling 10-30 ft putts, I feel as if I am making good strides w alignment and distance.
The real test will come on the course. Which I think will be tomorrow.

My straight shaft for my RX1tour just got here, can't wait to install it tonight and then a THP SS 2.0 is going on tomorrow. This weekend will be it's maiden voyage, I'll grab some pics for sure once it's all complete!

I think I have found that the weight could/should be adjusted based on how fast the greens are rolling (for my own game at least). If the greens are slower, less weight seems to help keep the putter head speed up. When the greens are faster, throw some more weight on and it helps keep things more steady and lets the ball just roll with the greens. The greens were rolling pretty quick the past few weeks, but we got some storms in the other day and it slowed the greens down a lot, and the 400g I was previously rolling felt heavy for the pace I needed. Took it down 12g and it seemed to be just enough to get the feel of the slower speeds back. Luckily the Cure can be adjusted very easily and now I know how to plan for my rounds.

Cure - have you had similar results with fittings and such? Or do you think a consistent weight would be better? I couldn't for the life of me get the ball to the hole on longer putts with how slow the greens were last night with the weight the same.

I am really falling in love with my RX3. The fact that I had to be a charity case to get it at the Cure event without actually earning it is a testament to how I was not a fan right away. Since then I have kept it in my bag to really give it a fair shake and I am hooked. I have dropped an avg of 3.7 putts/round since I started using the RX3. I am dialed in on the pace of my putts better than ever and leaving my lag putts within gimme range most of the time. I can now see the arrow alignment, and I seem to always start my putts on the intended line now. I am looking forward to using this thing for a long time. THANKS CURE!

I am really falling in love with my RX3. The fact that I had to be a charity case to get it at the Cure event without actually earning it is a testament to how I was not a fan right away. Since then I have kept it in my bag to really give it a fair shake and I am hooked. I have dropped an avg of 3.7 putts/round since I started using the RX3. I am dialed in on the pace of my putts better than ever and leaving my lag putts within gimme range most of the time. I can now see the arrow alignment, and I seem to always start my putts on the intended line now. I am looking forward to using this thing for a long time. THANKS CURE!

Awesome update Gunner! Glad to hear you stuck with the RX3 and congrats on the great results - 3.7 :clapp:
Keep us posted!

I think I have found that the weight could/should be adjusted based on how fast the greens are rolling (for my own game at least). If the greens are slower, less weight seems to help keep the putter head speed up. When the greens are faster, throw some more weight on and it helps keep things more steady and lets the ball just roll with the greens. The greens were rolling pretty quick the past few weeks, but we got some storms in the other day and it slowed the greens down a lot, and the 400g I was previously rolling felt heavy for the pace I needed. Took it down 12g and it seemed to be just enough to get the feel of the slower speeds back. Luckily the Cure can be adjusted very easily and now I know how to plan for my rounds.

Cure - have you had similar results with fittings and such? Or do you think a consistent weight would be better? I couldn't for the life of me get the ball to the hole on longer putts with how slow the greens were last night with the weight the same.

A lot of guys change the weight based on green speed. If it works for you then go for it. Probably wouldn't recommend going too extreme, but 12 grams is pretty minimal.

Just got my new (to me) RX2 out on the putting green. I had the lie angle tuned in at the house so I just played w the weight.
I put the two aluminum weights (each side) on and started seeing really good distance control. Things seemed to have no issues getting around the hole, still left some putts short. After a good 1/2 hour rolling 10-30 ft putts, I feel as if I am making good strides w alignment and distance.
The real test will come on the course. Which I think will be tomorrow.

Thanks Spivey! Let us know how it goes.

This is a pretty interesting idea. Never even thought of that. Might give it try at some point.

Back