NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway.....49 days until opening night. I am so over caring about who likes hockey, who doesnt like hockey, what the reasons are or if they ever will. I love hockey and many people are very passionate about it. That's good enough for me.

Yep, I can't blame someone for not being interested in hockey, we tend to like the sports we liked growing up, and to much of the country hockey wasn't a thing where they grew up.

I've been told the same thing about Soccer, you love hockey and football how could you not like soccer. Soccer still sucks to me.

Yep, I can't blame someone for not being interested in hockey, we tend to like the sports we liked growing up, and to much of the country hockey wasn't a thing where they grew up.

I've been told the same thing about Soccer, you love hockey and football how could you not like soccer. Soccer still sucks to me.

I dont care if people like it or dont but the constant comments about how no one likes it, is what brings out the reactions we saw for a few pages. I am not telling anyone they have to like it or watch it. I love it. That's what I care about.

I agree. However, any true sports fan should certainly give hockey a chance. I was never a hockey fan growing up. Then when the Preds came to Nashville I started watching and was quickly hooked. Watch a few games with an open mind. If you still don't like it, no harm, no foul.

I do think the thing that's missing for most fans of other sports is the emotional attachment. I love the Preds because they're in my city. But if I still lived in Orlando, would I have ever become a devoted Preds fan or even Lightning fan? Doubtful. If you don't have hockey in your town it takes watching a lot of games to form that emotional attachment and most other sports fans never make it that far.

I agree. However, any true sports fan should certainly give hockey a chance. I was never a hockey fan growing up. Then when the Preds came to Nashville I started watching and was quickly hooked. Watch a few games with an open mind. If you still don't like it, no harm, no foul.

I do think the thing that's missing for most fans of other sports is the emotional attachment. I love the Preds because they're in my city. But if I still lived in Orlando, would I have ever become a devoted Preds fan or even Lightning fan? Doubtful. If you don't have hockey in your town it takes watching a lot of games to form that emotional attachment and most other sports fans never make it that far.
Agree completely, it's why I don't watch much basketball. No team in Tampa and I don't need to tell you about Auburn Basketball.

I really can't understand not liking it if you've been to games. The atmosphere is just so electric. So much fun even if you don't understand the game. 2nd only to big time college football to me.

I really can't understand not liking it if you've been to games. The atmosphere is just so electric. So much fun even if you don't understand the game.

I agree, unless you went to a devils game....

We should start a thread about giving a **** about various sports and why they are worthy so the 10ish hockey fans can go back to talking about hockey in here.

I can understand why people don't like it. I've never played hockey, except for street hockey when I was a kid.

However IMO, hockey is the best sport to watch live. I absolutely love going to baseball games, but hockey games are so much fun to see live. You get to appreciate how fast the game is moving, and the atmosphere is awesome.

I dont care if people like it or dont but the constant comments about how no one likes it, is what brings out the reactions we saw for a few pages. I am not telling anyone they have to like it or watch it. I love it. That's what I care about.

We should start a thread about giving a **** about various sports and why they are worthy so the 10ish hockey fans can go back to talking about hockey in here.

Yep, sorry guys. Back to the regularly scheduled hockey talk.

is there really anything hockey to discuss in august? this seems as good a topic as anything at the moment.

I could care less if people like hockey or not. I love it and have stopped trying to get people into it. The sport is doing well and that is really what I care about.

Can't wait for the season to get going! I assume we are doing fantasy again?

is there really anything hockey to discuss in august? this seems as good a topic as anything at the moment.
We could always go back and get angry about Kane. Our thread did not devote enough time to that apparently hahaha

Let's start up the Semin conversation again...

Have you guys read THP? How is it different than any golf equipment preview thread? "Hate it, it looks horrible" or anything like it? Read Android thread, apple thread, food thread, or any other thread. People are allowed to express their opinions. If every thread has to be "love this" or "if you dont love this, its because you are stupid or dont get it" then its not much for conversation.

Nobody is forced to respond to a post, a comment or an opinion. I dont care for hockey much anymore. I still think I should be allowed to post my thoughts on hockey in the hockey thread. Someone else might not care for chicken wings, but if we have a thread on chicken wings, they can certainly share their thoughts on them.

Its not even hockey season, so a general conversation of hte likes and dislikes on the sport seems rather normal.

I vote we talk about the recent hires by the Lightning, how about Brad Lauer as Assistant, or Brian Engblom as color analyst.

No, no one cares?

NHL 2015-2016 Season

I vote we talk about the recent hires by the Lightning, how about Brad Lauer as Assistant, or Brian Engblom as color analyst.

No, no one cares?

I thought Engbloms name sounded familiar. Did work with ESPN and the blue jackets before this. That's pretty cool.

Have you guys read THP? How is it different than any golf equipment preview thread? "Hate it, it looks horrible" or anything like it? Read Android thread, apple thread, food thread, or any other thread. People are allowed to express their opinions. If every thread has to be "love this" or "if you dont love this, its because you are stupid or dont get it" then its not much for conversation.

Nobody is forced to respond to a post, a comment or an opinion. I dont care for hockey much anymore. I still think I should be allowed to post my thoughts on hockey in the hockey thread. Someone else might not care for chicken wings, but if we have a thread on chicken wings, they can certainly share their thoughts on them.

You opinion is welcome, but so is mine to not care what you think about hockey. I mean how many different ways and how many different times can we hear you say you dont like hockey in here and in other threads before we (meaning me) stop caring what you think about hockey? That would be like me going into all the food threads you create and saying how much I hate those foods or threads. What's the point? I just choose to stay out of the them or dont post in them. And this is not just directed at you, as a hockey fan forever, the media has said that no one likes hockey and its the least popular of the major sports. Frankly, I love it and have friends that do so why would I care if someone doesnt like it. Not my job to make people like hockey.

No, no one cares?

I think Brad Lauer is a terrible move, you guys will blame him when you miss the playoffs.

** I have no idea who he is

and a big YES on fantasy hockey, I vote for Jesse as commish, last year's commish, was too present, it was overwhelming :alien:

No, no one cares?

Brad Lauer's ducks had the 28th ranked PP last year with all that talent. So there's that...

I think Brad Lauer is a terrible move, you guys will blame him when you miss the playoffs.

** I have no idea who he is

and a big YES on fantasy hockey, I vote for Jesse as commish, last year's commish, was too present, it was overwhelming :alien:
I second that nomination.

I can understand why people don't like it. I've never played hockey, except for street hockey when I was a kid.

However IMO, hockey is the best sport to watch live. I absolutely love going to baseball games, but hockey games are so much fun to see live. You get to appreciate how fast the game is moving, and the atmosphere is awesome.
I have to agree with you on live hockey. No dumb music playing during the action. Get the old organ going during breaks. Hearing the crowd anticipate the fast break before it happens. The slight chill in the air of the arena. Love it all!

No, no one cares?

Oh, I can one-up you on that. Pete Weber, who was always an excellent PBP man is moving from TV to radio. Not sure why, perhaps due to health reasons. That leaves us with Willy Daunic, a nice guy who is learning, but certainly still nowhere near the level he should be to be the TV PBP guy for an NHL team, and Stu Grimson as our color analyst, who is nothing short of awful.

Yes, the Preds will proudly put forth the worst TV crew in the NHL.

I'm in if there's a fantasy hockey league. I think hockey is the greatest sport of them all. Let's go Islanders!

You opinion is welcome, but so is mine to not care what you think about hockey. I mean how many different ways and how many different times can we hear you say you dont like hockey in here and in other threads before we (meaning me) stop caring what you think about hockey? That would be like me going into all the food threads you create and saying how much I hate those foods or threads. What's the point? I just choose to stay out of the them or dont post in them. And this is not just directed at you, as a hockey fan forever, the media has said that no one likes hockey and its the least popular of the major sports. Frankly, I love it and have friends that do so why would I care if someone doesnt like it. Not my job to make people like hockey.

Fwiw I wasn't I. This thread. The same old "stop insulting hockey" was happening to someone else prior and made a statement based I a ridiculous claim by someone else.

You don't have to are about my posts In any thread, but to say people shouldn't post them (which has been said multiple times I. Here to many people) is not only not fair, but insulting to some.

Check out the tiger woods thread. Or insert any thread on THP to see various levels of opinions on different topics. If someone doesn't like them, don't respond....but don't say not to share them. That's not fair.

Have you guys read THP?

I've been known to read a thread or two from time to time. I'm also an overly honest optimistic and attempt to drive optimism. Wherever I can.

No big deal. These are my opinions and I'll continue to share them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back