Cobra King Forged Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

The KING Forged CB/MB Combo Irons were designed for the Tour through three handicap golfer. They feature a five-step forging process that yields a more precise shape, which was developed with feedback from PGA Tour star Rickie Fowler, a more aligned grained structure and tighter weight tolerance. The result is the best feeling, best looking irons that elite golfers demand. A Co-forged tungsten toe weight positions the Center of Gravity (CG) directly behind the hitting zone in the center of the face delivering precision shot making. Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Milled Faces and Grooves deliver maximum spin and trajectory control.

The Forged Combo set (cavity back (CB) mid & long irons + muscle back (MB) short irons & wedges) comes in a Diamonized Black Metal Finish (DMB) around a Forged 1025 Carbon Steel Body. The stock set composition is 3-6 (CB), 7-PW (MB) ($1,099) and comes equipped with Steel KBS Tour C-Taper shafts and Lamkin UTX Grips. A full set of MB irons are also available through custom (in RH only) as well as full sets of CB irons (both RH & LH available). Product will be at retail on November, 13, 2015. A chrome version of these irons will be available for purchase in February of 2016.

The KING Forged Tec (Technology Enhanced Cavity) Irons, created for the Tour through 10 handicap golfer, provide the feel and precision of a tour iron with maximum forgiveness and distance. This multi-material construction iron features the same five-step forging technology a found in other Cobra Forged irons along with a new J15 high strength steel forged face insert material to enhance distance and save weight. The remarkable feel comes from the harmonic cavity insert which is an engineered Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) Insert, positioned directly behind the impact zone, between the face and the back cavity, for vibration damping and improved feel at impact. Combine this with tungsten heel-toe weighting for forgiveness, and precisely centered CG and the KING Forged Tec irons are true game-changers.

The Forged Tec Irons ($1,099 – Steel; $1,199 - Graphite) feature a Premium Nickel Chrome Plating over forged 1025 Carbon Steel. They come with a KBS Tour C-Taper Lite shafts (Steel) – X-Stiff, Stiff or Regular flexes or a UST Recoil (Graphite) – Stiff 680 F4, Regular – 660 F3) and Lamkin UTX grips. The Stock composition set: 3-PW or 4-GW. Available at retail November 13, 2015.

Custom Fitting
Both KING Forged CB/MB irons and the KING Forged TEC irons will be available in stock configurations at retail and/or customized configurations and specifications through Cobra Custom Clubs. Custom Lofting (± 2°), Custom Lie angle (± 4°), Custom Shafts and Shaft Lengths are all available and can greatly improve your game.

New for 2016 Cobra Custom Clubs is offering the following premium shafts at no extra charge:
· True Temper Dynamic Gold (X100, S400, S300 & R300)
· True Temper DG Pro (X100, S300 & R300)
· True Temper XP-95 (X100, S300 & R300)
· KBS Tour (X, S & R)
· KBS Tour 90 (S & R)
· KBS Tour C-Taper (X, S & R)
· KBS Tour C-Taper Lite (X, S & R)

cbmb_irons_orig.png

tec_irons_orig.png

Droooooool!!!!!!!!!!

• Admin
Black irons. :good: Visual tungsten :good: king cobra name :good:

Man i sure hope they perform, because they have the looks department down pat.

Sharp looking sticks! I like the dark finish on the MB's

Welp, with that handicap range, I guess I can knock the Forged TEC off of my list of potential irons this fall.

I like the looks of the CB/MB. Can't wait to hear more feedback on these and they have replaced the fly z+ forged ponder

Forged Tec look like a fun set of irons

Welp, with that handicap range, I guess I can knock the Forged TEC off of my list of potential irons this fall.

I wouldn't look too into the handicap stuff. I would base it more on your iron game instead of the number.

A chrome version of these irons will be available for purchase in February of 2016.

JB - Any pictures of the chrome CB/MB?

Forged Tec with Recoil sounds lovely to me.

That combo of CB & MB in the dark finish is gorgeous!

Great looking irons, nice list of Shaft options. I would love to hit them, but not a realistic option for my current game.

Ditto. I just wish they came in black.

the recoils or the iron heads? Black iron heads look great, until you play with them.

I would like the black more with a white trim over the orange.

Well that combo set really looks great. With the forging process and the DBM finish I thought I was reading about a Maltby product. Spending time with the same process Matty irons, these should be some great options for better players and the DBM finish wears exceptionally well. But with that price they better be exceptional when hit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Man those forged MB would look nice next a set of forged CB's in the bag. Think I would go over the club limit as those MB' would be there for looks.

Looks sharp...blacked out is what those would be...nice.

Beautiful in the black finish.

But the forged TEC are more gameable for me.

the recoils or the iron heads? Black iron heads look great, until you play with them.

Heads. I have black ones now and I don't mind when they wear. Either way very excited to try both lines out.

To be fair about the orange, it looks like you could paint fill that easily.

those are great looking irons

Those are some beauties !
I remember my old King Cobra irons and the love I had for them.

Back