Ever game a gimmick?

Sure have. This (in RH version though):

s-l1000.jpg

There was a point in time in my then young golf adventure that this club had more birdies to its credit than my putter. Still have it actually, and thinking about putting it back in the bag since I'm looking for a wedge with a smaller amount of bounce, which this has.

I do scream "PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW" as I tee off. Does that count?
Only if you are wearing black jeans and sneakers.

That's why I had the "game changer" part of it. I gave the Niblick some serious thought back in the day. In reality the Mini Drivers are as much a gimmick as the Niblick. Now it just depends on if they catch on!

I don't see the mini driver's as a gimmick at all. Just show how subjective everything in golf and life can be. With that being said, I did once own a Perfect Club 3 wood which was not all that bad of a club. I also played one hole one time with a Polara golf ball. It went straight, but not very far..........

I forgot, I also have an Alien 2 wedge. I'll try anything.

I think at first anything that's different from what has been the norm is kind of considered a gimmick it's not necessarily a negative thing its just its different and it's what draws attention to the product. Right now mini drivers are kind of a gimmick cuz they are. S change of pace from standard drivers and from fairway woods but I find them to be a real game changer that may change the direction of how we fill out our bags in the future. An example would be I can imagine a shorter shafted club of about 350 cc and 12 to 14 degrees of loft that replaces the driver for many many many amateur golfers something a little more forgiving than the current line of mini drivers.

I've owned a Warrior club.

I'd have to go back and check some old designs, but it'd venture a guess that the alien wedge lead to the development of higher bounce wedges.

is the heavenwood a gimmick? Because I love it.
I had an alien 2 wedge in HS.

Every time I see a thread like this... I have to youtube the Hammer X video.

Cannot say I have . Almost bought the pure spin wedge though,had in hand and changed my mind

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Does my Cleveland Smart Sole Wedge count?

I hit one of those "pod" drivers once....weren't supposed to be able to slice it.....WRONG
e71b0bc9_pod.jpeg

The original guy to play the Killer Bee driver, Rocky Thompson on the Senior Tour was from right outside my hometown, I got to play with him a few times and hit one of his drivers a few times on the range

I had a Killer Bee driver for a couple of years and it worked really well for me.

I gamed a "Pod" driver for 2 rounds and took it back.

I played a Polaris ball recently. Cured my slice off the tee, but knuckleball city with the irons.

TaylorMade Bubble Shafts?? What about the Wilson Fat Shafts? Or even worse, the Wilson Whale Drivers???

Wilson Killer Whale FTW!!!!

I remember being around 11 or 12 and wanting one so bad because it just looked so cool at the time. Plus, why would I want to hit a big bertha when I can hit a Killer Whale!!!!

I bet I looked at those on the rack at least once a week as a yout!

A guy in my dads Saturday morning group growing up had the shanks for years. Finally gave the Fila Latitude a try. Still hit every shot where the hosel should have been, but at least it kinda stayed in play...

91a44e981b8e7b3886f90cf52e4e3a34.jpg

That's why I had the "game changer" part of it. I gave the Niblick some serious thought back in the day. In reality the Mini Drivers are as much a gimmick as the Niblick. Now it just depends on if they catch on!
Let me get my posse to put you in your place....hahahaha. Stay strong.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Let me get my posse to put you in your place....hahahaha. Stay strong.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Ohh they'll love me once I help them beat the Zoo Crew!

F2 -face forward anti shank wedge...nuff said

Wilson Killer Whale FTW!!!!

I remember being around 11 or 12 and wanting one so bad because it just looked so cool at the time. Plus, why would I want to hit a big bertha when I can hit a Killer Whale!!!!

I bet I looked at those on the rack at least once a week as a yout!

https://youtu.be/e2Gu5ZRhRxo

One of the greatest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My partners set comprises of Nova Hybrid equal length irons and Cleveland Smart Sole C & S wedges, I wish my iron and short game were as consistent as hers lol. I wonder if I can find something out of left field to replace her Callaway X Hot driver and 4 wood lol.

I had a set of Canterbury Big Bursar irons before.

I've been told that my 14* driver is a gimmick, so I guess I do. Loft up baby!

Ever game a gimmick?

I've been told that my 14* driver is a gimmick, so I guess I do. Loft up baby!

I can't see ya signature on my phone so what kind of driver do you have that is 14 degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back