TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

I didn't understand jb's post. I don't know what embargo means in this context. I suppose I'll keep holding my breath :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means once again, people try to be first, and end up WAY off.

I didn't understand jb's post. I don't know what embargo means in this context. I suppose I'll keep holding my breath :)

it means they jumped the gun with a picture thats incorrect

Yeah, but read JB's post just above yours. This isn't what it looks like, or at least in using the finished product.

Actually Im not saying it is or isnt. We wont be commenting officially on the product itself, but if watermarked images are not used, and people want to speculate all day long, they certainly can.

When is embargo up? I want to see some new irons too...

I kind of like the look, but pretty easy to tell that is drawn on a computer. Also isn't a big departure with the same weighting as the R15.

I am holding out hope that TM is trolling everyone with that mockup and it'll end up as a distraction to what's really coming.

I am holding out hope that TM is trolling everyone with that mockup and it'll end up as a distraction to what's really coming.
The actual driver couldn't look further from what got posted on here. They both look like drivers, and that's where the similarities end

didn't mean to make myself "look foolish", just found those on reddit and thought i'd post. my apologies.

No apologies needed my man. You saw something of interest and shared it.

didn't mean to make myself "look foolish", just found those on reddit and thought i'd post. my apologies.

Nobody is looking "foolish". I was referring to other websites that post images before embargo and then when the club comes out, realize its totally different, make changes and pretend their idiocy never happened.

No worries sometimes, when written instead of spoken, some things that people say don't come across as intended. Don't believe the foolish comment was directed at you but rather another website that has tendencies to post before embargo dates

I bet Taylor Made is loving all the excitement leading up to the launch of this puppy ?

I think the commercial was a good one, but I guess my hope is that we see some more concrete information before that October date. If you're going to do hard teases like that, you absolutely need something to back it up. If at the end of the day it's a driver without any big technological leaps, there's going to be a letdown, even if it's a really good driver.

I found the bottom pics of the M1. Needles to say I think it will be revolutionary.

KYtfEss.png

I found the bottom pics of the M1. Needles to say I think it will be revolutionary.

KYtfEss.png

You should see the tour head. It has hot melt and a toe screw and you can add more sole weights and it will have internal weighting and a tungsten pad on the toe and tungsten on the heel. You know, to fine tune swing weight and face balance.

You should see the tour head. It has hot melt and a toe screw and you can add more sole weights and it will have internal weighting and a tungsten pad on the toe and tungsten on the heel. You know, to fine tune swing weight and face balance.

Personally, I am waiting for the fade biased version with non-TM graphics on the shaft.

Personally, I am waiting for the fade biased version with non-TM graphics on the shaft.

It's just going to come out in 7 months and kill the resale value anyways.

Bringing the thread back on track after I derailed it.

So, is there anyway for TM to keep the sliding weight as is as it was on the SLDR and R15 and make it sellable? Assuming of course the mockup shown is accurate?

So, is there anyway for TM to keep the sliding weight as is as it was on the SLDR and R15 and make it sellable? Assuming of course the mockup shown is accurate?

Could you do something like the Cobra flip weight instead? After all, it doesn't _exactly_ show a sliding weight (though it looks like one). Keep the channel in between and swap between fade/neutral/draw by moving the weight to either side?

Honestly, from a marketing standpoint, I think that sliding weight will remind people of the past drivers that they didn't like. I think Taylormade needs to come up with something else.

Yes. But its going to take good, innovative marketing. Not release it, expect people to buy it because its most used on tour and then sit back and wait. Creativity wins. Using new markets wins. Doing things the right way wins. The entire last 2 years with them was so incredibly predictable, that Hawk, myself and ddec have been discussing it for about 5 years now.

honestly they need to adjust the marketing angle. I don't think the sliding weight is what is turning people away. Let's not forget the SLDR sold very well. It came with a message which was of course "loft up." What was the message with the R15?

I wish they would come back out with something similar to the R1. Add a different material crown which should aid in the awful acoustics. I thought that was their best all around driver since the SuperTri.

I think the non-taylormade branded stock shafts would be HUGE. I think that's one of the reasons a lot of people view them as lower quality.

Yes. But its going to take good, innovative marketing. Not release it, expect people to buy it because its most used on tour and then sit back and wait. Creativity wins. Using new markets wins. Doing things the right way wins. The entire last 2 years with them was so incredibly predictable, that Hawk, myself and ddec have been discussing it for about 5 years now.

very much so. The writing was on the walls in big, bright, bold letters.

Back