Grand Slam of golf canceled

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
Los Angeles (AFP) - The 2015 Grand Slam of golf featuring the year's major champions has been canceled as the PGA of America found it too complicated to move it from Donald Trump's Los Angeles course.
The PGA had announced in July that it was pulling the October event from Trump National Los Angeles over the billionaire presidential hopefuls controversial remarks about Mexican immigrants.
Organizers originally hoped to find a new venue for the 36-hole exhibition, which this year was expected to feature Masters and US Open winner Jordan Spieth, British Open champion Zach Johnson and PGA Champion Jason Day.
"Due to the timing and logistics needed to stage the PGA Grand Slam of Golf to the highest standards, we are disappointed that we will not be able to conduct the event this year," the PGA of America said Thursday in a statement.
"This was a memorable year for major championship golf and the PGA of America congratulates Jordan Spieth, Zach Johnson and Jason Day on their impressive wins. We look forward to conducting the PGA Grand Slam of Golf in 2016."

Grand Slam of golf canceled

That isn't fair to the major winners this year IMHO. They should hold the event at the Trump course this year and move it to wherever next year if they choose to. Makes me hate politics that much more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adios, mofo. Lamest event on the schedule.

Serves the PGA right

Will they just split the prize money then or was all that cash via TV broadcast of the event?

How's that egg taste PGA?

How silly

Sucks that it's gone this year, and the sad fact is it will hurt Trump's employees and the surrounding community more than it will hurt that asshat with the terrible hair and the missing conscience.

Was reading this earlier. sucks they couldn't get their ish together to do something on this. Seems a stupid thing for them to do in my mind but whatever. :shrug:

Trump is cracking up right now.

I find it ironic that the PGA called him a racist lol while they have an extensive history of racism that surpasses anything he's done and they got away with it for years.

His name is being mentioned again, so that's correct.

Read this earlier on Team Stream,what a shame.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I actually enjoyed the event, I for one will miss it this year.

I find it ironic that the PGA called him a racist lol while they have an extensive history of racism that surpasses anything he's done and they got away with it for years.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. Political grandstanding just knows no borders.

Feel bad for the guys but serves the pga right for their dbag move

But they wouldn't pull the Masters from the schedule because of all of Augusta's issues in the past? Pot meet kettle...

But they wouldn't pull the Masters from the schedule because of all of Augusta's issues in the past? Pot meet kettle...

If I remember correctly CBS tried to get cute once with Augusta about the female thing and it didn't end well for them .

If I remember correctly CBS tried to get cute once with Augusta about the female thing and it didn't end well for them .

I think the point was that the PGA should have done something about it. So they have something to say about illegal immigration (in the wrong direction imo), but not on gender equality? Are they that pious?

I think the point was that the PGA should have done something about it. So they have something to say about illegal immigration (in the wrong direction imo), but not on gender equality? Are they that pious?

Yes.

That isn't fair to the major winners this year IMHO. They should hold the event at the Trump course this year and move it to wherever next year if they choose to. Makes me hate politics that much more

Well said! I agree.

Since the course is open that week maybe I can get a game set up with Donald, Curt Schilling and anyone else who upsets the liberal elite between now and then.

I honestly haven't even bothered watching this event since I think the 2007 Bermuda one with Cabrera/Paddy/Furyk/Zach and barely remember it even then. I do remember it being quite boring and I would guess the ratings have been awful as well. I'd rather watch the players get drunk and do Big Break styled trick shots and play cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGA_Grand_Slam_of_Golf

Was it the part where he said most Mexicans who come here illegally are reasonably good people that has everyone upset? I think need a refresher on that particular affront on modern sensibilities.

Was it the part where he said most Mexicans who come here illegally are reasonably good people that has everyone upset? I think need a refresher on that particular affront on modern sensibilities.

Nah, it's the part where the media kept forgetting to add the word "illegal" in their headlines and added "rapists, drug dealers and murderers" instead.

Back