Disney World - 2015 THP Bridgestone Championship

3 days!! Going to be a great time! We get in early friday, have no idea what we are going to do, but sadly I will not be golfing.

Whats the formats for golf? Have they been announced yet?

havent been announced yet

Cant wait for my kids to go back to school when we get back and tell everyone they went to Disney with Dad's internet friends
Internet Friends are the best!

Cant wait for my kids to go back to school when we get back and tell everyone they went to Disney with Dad's internet friends

#TrenchCoatsOptional

Started packing this morning. Looks like I'll need to pick up a couple items. Round of golf tomorrow and then fly out Thursday morning via Silver Airways. That should be interesting. See y'all soon.

Looking forward to seeing you Ken!

At the airport and kids are excited. So am I :)

The Choe family takes the beachhead. Hope all goes well. If not it's not my fault I'm not working.

Looking forward to seeing you Ken!

Likewise buddy. It's going to be a fun weekend. I'm not sure I'll be taking full advantage of Disney, but, I sure plan to enjoy the golf. Can't get enough of golfing with THPers!

someone bringing my Bear Trap tumbler?

Packed my bag up last night. I leave tomorrow afternoon with a layover in LAX. Anyone arriving at the airport on Thursday around 6-9am care to share a ride?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm not qualified to tie his shoes let alone fill in for him. It did however make me feel good.

That's all that matters Doug.

I figure I'll play your drives and hit short irons and putt all day. Proven formula ala 441.

Some solid pairings for the event. Will be following along. Good luck everyone and safe travels!

Started packing this morning. Looks like I'll need to pick up a couple items. Round of golf tomorrow and then fly out Thursday morning via Silver Airways. That should be interesting. See y'all soon.

What is silver airways? Do you have to being your own seat if you want to sit down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is silver airways? Do you have to being your own seat if you want to sit down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HaHa. It's a small, regional airline that flies Saab Turbo Props around Florida and to the Bahamas. Rather than drive from Pensacola to Orlando, I decided to give them a try. I regretted it as soon as the reservation was final, not because I'm worried about the airline, but, it takes all my flexibility away. I could have stayed an extra day if I'd driven. Their change fees are more than the original damn ticket.

I'm just happy to try and fill ddec's shoes in the A-Team pairing this year with Mike. LOL

I'm just happy to try and fill ddec's shoes in the A-Team pairing this year with Mike. LOL

He set the bar really high (or low depending on how you look at it)

He set the bar really high (or low depending on how you look at it)

Some of my favorite moments ever on a course were catching up to you two and asking how it was going.

Suffice to say, our foursome is going to have a damn blast.

Just need a refresher on the Florida car insurance rules because the counter people try to scare you into buying coverage. Any know the details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring your insurance card with you. Some of the counters will insist they see it if you decline their coverage. Just makes it easier to say no thanks.

HaHa. It's a small, regional airline that flies Saab Turbo Props around Florida and to the Bahamas. Rather than drive from Pensacola to Orlando, I decided to give them a try. I regretted it as soon as the reservation was final, not because I'm worried about the airline, but, it takes all my flexibility away. I could have stayed an extra day if I'd driven. Their change fees are more than the original damn ticket.

Silver is fine. I take it all the time when I don't want to drive between offices. The SAAB 340 is a good plane.

Silver is fine. I take it all the time when I don't want to drive between offices. The SAAB 340 is a good plane.

Yeah, that played into my decision. I had two 340's assigned to my organization when I was still working to fly my launch teams around North America. They are very reliable planes.

We will start packing tonight. I am so ready to play with the THP family again. Like Ken we will not be doing much Disney, just plan on spending Friday relaxing at the pool with some range time in there somewhere.

So I may have made a slight miscalculation in all of this...

I'm flying back to MIA right now. My first leg was on a little puddle jumper (and I mean little...Cessna 406, seats 9 when you count the person sitting in the co-pilot seat). Was just informed my clubs may or may not have made it on the plane and may or may not make it to Miami this week. I don't understand how there can be that much variance in when my clubs will arrive, but that's what I've been told.

So I may or may not have to rent clubs :p

So I may have made a slight miscalculation in all of this...

I'm flying back to MIA right now. My first leg was on a little puddle jumper (and I mean little...Cessna 406, seats 9 when you count the person sitting in the co-pilot seat). Was just informed my clubs may or may not have made it on the plane and may or may not make it to Miami this week. I don't understand how there can be that much variance in when my clubs will arrive, but that's what I've been told.

So I may or may not have to rent clubs :p

Disney has some pretty solid rental equipment. Last year that had brand new Titleist setups.

Excited to see some folks are already packing and heading down to Orlando!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sux birdman. Hopefully they arrive just fine.

I know you aren't, it's just so damn frustrating because I have posted on here and in messages that I need final headcounts for dinners. Not a knock on you, but we have always had THP dinners around 7, especially after a long day of golf.

You are the third person today who has told me they and their kids might not be at the dinners now.

I am not trying to make this about money either, but the amount we charge people doesn't come close to what our actual cost is, so we end up paying for part of people's meals who don't show up. It happens every year due to something like a person drinking too much and not showing up, a person not feeling well and not showing up, oversleep etc. This year it seems to be about kids. I just want things to go smoothly and when these hiccups happen it flusters me.

Morgan, My daughter, wife, son and myself will be there. I didn't account for my son since he's only 1, won't need his own plate and usually eats by 6 pm.
He might snack off our plate though since everyone else will be eating.

How long estimated is the drive from the hotel to dinner?

And thanks!!!

Back