Callaway Apex Pro 16 Irons Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the details of this new line can be found right here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-apex-pro-16-irons-preview/

In hand pictures
IMG_9854-L.jpg

IMG_9853-L.jpg

IMG_9872-L.jpg

IMG_9856-L.jpg

Apex vs Apex Pro
IMG_9875-L.jpg

IMG_9867-L.jpg

Can i just say "I want"!!!!:D

i'm sure i'll be in the minority, but i think this is a pretty disappointing release. I really liked the classic look of the old Apex Pro's and for me this is a bit of a step backwards in the looks department. I'm sure they play very nicely but don't seem to have made any major changes to the previous model. If I was looking at these i'd try and run out and get a deal on the previous model.

Not in love with the looks but definitely will try them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No thanks! Very average and middle of the road looking. They might play well but looks alone will turn a lot of people off IMO.

Interested in these. Not disappointed by the looks and would like to see them in hand and hit them

Better pictures than what I've seen before. These definitely will get a hard look Come December

I like. Very much!

Yes please!

I think they look pretty good to me. Interesting that the KBS Tour V is not the stock option.

i'm sure i'll be in the minority, but i think this is a pretty disappointing release. I really liked the classic look of the old Apex Pro's and for me this is a bit of a step backwards in the looks department. I'm sure they play very nicely but don't seem to have made any major changes to the previous model. If I was looking at these i'd try and run out and get a deal on the previous model.
I'm with you on this one. The way the CB has such sharp looking lines makes them look less refined and much chunkier then I'm sure they really are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Prefer the matte finish of the regular version, but these look very nice and do not look overly intimidating for a pro version.

An exciting release for Callaway. I'm sure. Would like to hit them before I comment on them but I aesthetically alone the first thing that comes to mind is Amp Forged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An exciting release for Callaway. I'm sure. Would like to hit them before I comment on them but I aesthetically alone the first thing that comes to mind is Amp Forged.

I knew they reminded me of something!

I'd say I will pass on these out of pure lack of ability.

These could be the irons that make me a Callaway fan, I love them, the looks are beautiful and the profile is right up my alley! Well done Callaway.

Callaway Apex Pro 16 Irons Preview

Callaway Apex Pro 16 Irons Preview

Prefer the matte finish of the regular version, but these look very nice and do not look overly intimidating for a pro version.

My thoughts exactly.

I much prefer the matte finish as I didn't care for how the previous XR Pro's wore over time with the chrome.

Glad the standard Apex are still matte!

I just love the satin finish of my Pros so I'm sad to see the chrome finish on the new Pros. Other than that, I like the looks so far.

I like. I like them alot. I like that the CB appears to be sealed If that makes sense.

I agree with what others have said about the looks. I like the old Apex better as far as looks go.

This was my first thought as well. If they work, they work though

I've been gaming the Apex Pros since they day they were released. Absolutely can't wait to test these out!!!!

I might have liked a little simpler look from the back but will reserve that judgement until I see them in person.

I think these look amazing.

I like that they went to chrome for sure for the pros. Although to me they look a lot like Taylormade's new release for their player's iron.

I like that they went to chrome for sure for the pros. Although to me they look a lot like Taylormade's new release for their player's iron.
See i wasnt a big fan of the chrome but its not a complete turnoff. I really do like the look of the Pros

Seem to be pretty inviting for a pro version. Looks are solid to me, looks like some recent releases but can't put my finger on it. I'll very much have to hit these with the PX shaft in it to see what I get out of them, but I'm excited about what this line brings to the table.

Back