Callaway Apex Hybrid Review Thread

I like the compact look of this one. Looks like a modified version of the X2Hot Pro hybrid, which I think is a good thing.

Squarish toe and matte black finish looks mean....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Having hit it, I can say that isn't the case. These are built to be true iron replacements gap for gap, not distance monsters.
I like the sound of that, ill take nice gapping any day!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Looks alot like an Adams... which means, I really dig the looks.

Oh boy!

I like the compact look of this one. Looks like a modified version of the X2Hot Pro hybrid, which I think is a good thing.

Think that with a different sound and feel and it fits perfectly in line for me with the gaps. Also really easy to flight up and down which is not as common with a hybrid these days.

I Was just talking about switching my hybrid up... Maybe this is it!

Not my favorite shape for a hybrid, but I'll still give it some swings to see how it performs.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Think that with a different sound and feel and it fits perfectly in line for me with the gaps. Also really easy to flight up and down which is not as common with a hybrid these days.
The sound is stellar.

Playability of an iron with the modern technology of a hybrid. Fits right into the gapping of the new Apex lines and looks awesome and stealthy. Sounds like a solid winner to me, and at a palatable price point.

Oddly enough I like and dislike the look of this club both at the same time. Will need to see in hand

Having hit it, I can say that isn't the case. These are built to be true iron replacements gap for gap, not distance monsters.

These look great and this statement right here makes me smile.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Love love love these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually like the looks of this one...won't hit it, but looks great. Nothing can beat their Apex UT irons for me right now.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a hybrid designed to work specifically as a like for like replacement with a corresponding iron set (distance-wise). I think they can be very successful among certain segments of golfers. I will probably stick to the X line myself for the bigger profiles and further distances, but I certainly see the place for these. Does make me wonder if they will continue with the X Pro lines additionally.

These pictures look good but it's really something in person. Really looking forward to some testing feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the shape and the finish. Man this thing looks tiny. Cannot wait to throw some swings on it.

I'll be curious to see how these compare to the XR hybrids in terms of forgiveness. The small head makes them look more "pro", but that's not what I'd expect from the Apex line with how forgiving those irons were.

I'll be curious to see how these compare to the XR hybrids in terms of forgiveness. The small head makes them look more "pro", but that's not what I'd expect from the Apex line with how forgiving those irons were.
I think youll be surprised by them, definitely a smaller loom at address, but this is a really cool direction for them with the hybrid thought process. It took me one shot to want them.

I love the matte black finish on these. Can not wait to hit them! I was hoping Apex would come out with a Hybrid line.

This was exactly my first thought. The X2Hot Pro was my favorite hybrid based on head shape and performance & these have me pondering what that 5i slot in my bag will be.

I think youll be surprised by them, definitely a smaller loom at address, but this is a really cool direction for them with the hybrid thought process. It took me one shot to want them.

I want a 4h just looking at the pictures. If I swing one of these, it's likely bad news for my wallet.

Enjoy the simple look on this one. The price is solid as well.

I think they have an Adams shape to them as well and as someone else said that's not a bad thing at all because it looks fantastic. Nice small profile it's a great looking club.

These look absolutely tiny. Excited to get one in hand and get some swings in once they are released.

Back