Official THE Ohio State football thread

17 years since I've been back to my alma mater. What a blast coming to Columbus today and watching the game with old friends. This team has the potential to be really good this year.

OMG I didnt know it was this bad

Barrett's 83.3 red zone completion percentage is more than 50 percentage points higher than Jones', according to ESPN's Stats & Information.

OMG I didnt know it was this bad

Barrett's 83.3 red zone completion percentage is more than 50 percentage points higher than Jones', according to ESPN's Stats & Information.

Hard to score in the red zone when you can't throw a pass under 20 yards under 100 mph

Hard to score in the red zone when you can't throw a pass under 20 yards under 100 mph
I feel the same way. Cardale would be a good quarterback if he would dial it down 25% and get more accuracy. It's like come on man, we know you throw the ball faster than a car, just quit now cause your over throwing everyone

Plus more than anything I think it's pretty obvious JT's football IQ is about 1000% better than Cardale.

I don't know if he's trying too hard to succeed or what but he's looked terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus more than anything I think it's pretty obvious JT's football IQ is about 1000% better than Cardale.

I don't know if he's trying too hard to succeed or what but he's looked terrible.

Remember when Cards was a first round pick?

Remember when Cards was a first round pick?

Yep, and I'd bet the lack of change had something to do with Urban feeling bad for probably convincing him to come back. I could be totally off base with that though.

Yep, and I'd bet the lack of change had something to do with Urban feeling bad for probably convincing him to come back. I could be totally off base with that though.

I saw someone saying that he was prolly a 3rd rounder before (he had played 3 games and was still unproven) and now he's prolly a 5th rounder. the difference in "slots" was about a $1 million. granted, that's a lot of lettuce but still ... he'll be well paid by someone and get a chance to become an NFL player. he'll be okay.

Cardale is a big dude. How do you think he'd be as a TE? I think he might be too big for WR, but I think he'd be decent as a TE if he has good hands. Could even mix it up with a few trick plays. Double pass or reverse pass.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Cardale is a big dude. How do you think he'd be as a TE? I think he might be too big for WR, but I think he'd be decent as a TE if he has good hands. Could even mix it up with a few trick plays. Double pass or reverse pass.

He will play QB.

He's tall and has a cannon. If someone can get him to read the defense properly and get him some touch I think he could be decent.

He definitely has the natural ability to succeed in the NFL.

He will play QB.

He's tall and has a cannon. If someone can get him to read the defense properly and get him some touch I think he could be decent.

I definitely think he'll stick at QB, was just thinking out loud. With a cannon like his, can touch be taught?

He will play QB.

I'm not hating, but being a successful NFL quarterback needs more than just physical ability. Jones has the size and the arm strength, but he hasnt improved this season. He's regressed. That's got to be an alarm for the next level

I definitely think he'll stick at QB, was just thinking out loud. With a cannon like his, can touch be taught?

Jamarcus Russell.

I'm not hating, but being a successful NFL quarterback needs more than just physical ability. Jones has the size and the arm strength, but he hasnt improved this season. He's regressed. That's got to be an alarm for the next level

I don't disagree one bit was just stating he has the intangibles need for the next level .

Whether he succeeds or not is an entirely different story.

I don't disagree one bit was just stating he has the intangibles need for the next level .

Whether he succeeds or not is an entirely different story.

I would make the arguments that he has the tangibilbes. Arm strength. Size. it's consistency and progress that is the drawback

I would make the arguments that he has the tangibilbes. Arm strength. Size. it's consistency and progress that is the drawback

Yep.

He can't read defenses either.

Yep.

He can't read defenses either.

Last year, those last three games, he WAS the difference.

Here we go.

Let's do this.

Lol was just looking to bump this thread.

Barrett time!

I'm excited to see what Barrett can do healthy.

Back