Hello from Virginia!

Chorister

Reaction score
Hi, what a great site THP is! It is causing some really serious, uh, time usage from work!

I live about 25 miles outside of Washington, D.C. and just got back into the game last fall after a 10 year layoff due to health reasons. I'm so glad to be back at it that I'm not too fussy about my scores just yet. I'm back taking lessons, though, so I'm starting to see little sign of progress. The best handicap I ever had before was an 11, so if I can get back down into the low teens that'll do -- for now. I play mostly at muni courses and love meeting all the various people the Starter joins me with. Of course, I'm still bitter that my regular foursome couldn't wait a lousy 10 years before replacing me... ;)

As I posted in another thread, I just ditched my year-old Cobra clubs for TaylorMades, though I haven't received the irons yet. I'll get out there this weekend with the woods and hybrids, though!

Looking forward to sampling all the great stuff the site has to offer. I've really been enjoying reading everybody's posts, the reviews, etc.

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP.

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Hello and welcome to THP!!

welcome aboard!

Welcome! So glad you're able to get back out there and enjoy the game. Taking lessons is the way to go!

Welcome to THP!

welcome to thp... what courses do you play up there?

Welcome from a fellow Virginian!

Welcome! So glad you're able to get back out there and enjoy the game. Taking lessons is the way to go!

Thanks very much. I'm really pleased to be able to play again, and it sure makes me appreciate it more than ever. I need to call my pro and schedule the next lesson, but it's been so blinkin' hot up here I haven't felt like it lately.

welcome to thp... what courses do you play up there?

There are lots of nice ones around, but I wind up at "home" -- Twin Lakes Golf Course in Clifton, more than anywhere else. They have two courses there, and each course has a completely different character from the other. Other nice ones around here are Laurel Hill and Raspberry Falls.

my brother plays rasberry all the time
we played bull run a few weeks ago and next week we are playing generals ridge in manassas

my brother plays rasberry all the time
we played bull run a few weeks ago and next week we are playing generals ridge in manassas

I've never played General's Ridge even though it's been around for quite a while, but have heard good things about it. Bristow Manor is another one out that way.

Welcome to THP. Glad your here!

I've never played General's Ridge even though it's been around for quite a while, but have heard good things about it. Bristow Manor is another one out that way.
i think we are playing bristow on sunday depending on my cousins... they live that way... lol

Back