WGC - Bridgestone Invitational [spoilers]

He will be playing with you, so you are stuck with him. When it comes time for the THP dinner, we will just shut him out....hehe

On an unrelated note, I am loving this coverage today. TGC early and CBS starting at 1

That is just not right JB. :angry: LOL

I don't understand the reasoning behind making Fowler look like a clown. Of course I'm an older fellow and think guys like Davis Love III and Tom Watson dress well. I know I've been to six junior tournaments this year and not once have I seen a young man dressed in such a manner.

Kevin

he doesn't dress himself? he does look like a clown but I would think he chooses the outfit

I don't understand the reasoning behind making Fowler look like a clown. Of course I'm an older fellow and think guys like Davis Love III and Tom Watson dress well. I know I've been to six junior tournaments this year and not once have I seen a young man dressed in such a manner.

Kevin

Agreed. I guess from one stand point, it gets the brand noticed. But from the other side, how many are noticing it in a bad way because of it? One thing is for sure, it attracts attention, which I guess is their goal.

I think it's a way to get attention and I think it does a great job. The outfit is ridiculous but I know that I can spot him in any crowd. It's not my favorite look and I would like to see a white belt or something to break it up but I think it accomplishes what it is meant to do which is get people's attention.

he doesn't dress himself? he does look like a clown but I would think he chooses the outfit

As you may have seen in some of the other threads we have posted about scripting for majors appareal companies will almost always dress their players. Or they will give them certain tops and bottoms and let them mix and match but they pick the tops and bottoms they will wear. They want to get their money's worth.

I think it's a way to get attention and I think it does a great job. The outfit is ridiculous but I know that I can spot him in any crowd. It's not my favorite look and I would like to see a white belt or something to break it up but I think it accomplishes what it is meant to do which is get people's attention.

As you may have seen in some of the other threads we have posted about scripting for majors appareal companies will almost always dress their players. Or they will give them certain tops and bottoms and let them mix and match but they pick the tops and bottoms they will wear. They want to get their money's worth.

I did not know that. Makes perfect sense. And it definitely makes him stand out. I wonder how many people are rushing out to buy those orange pants now...

I did not know that. Makes perfect sense. And it definitely makes him stand out. I wonder how many people are rushing out to buy those orange pants now...

You know that's the biggest question. Yes, he is getting noticed so if that was the goal I think they have succeeded BUT are people noticing and going out and buying the clothes? That's what I wonder.

If a person has a clothing sponsor you can almost guarantee that they did not pick out their clothes. They may have mixed and matched tops and bottoms but those tops and bottoms were already picked out by the companies. They have a style or line they are trying to promote so the golfer will wear the corresponding clothes.

GG idk i think those clothes he wears makes him less serious about the game because its not traditional. hahaha (inside joke for the other thread)

You know that's the biggest question. Yes, he is getting noticed so if that was the goal I think they have succeeded BUT are people noticing and going out and buying the clothes? That's what I wonder.

If a person has a clothing sponsor you can almost guarantee that they did not pick out their clothes. They may have mixed and matched tops and bottoms but those tops and bottoms were already picked out by the companies. They have a style or line they are trying to promote so the golfer will wear the corresponding clothes.

I guess I never really thought about it before. I just assumed they got a big box of clothes and wore whatever they wanted. If I was Fowler though I would be like wtf. He should at least have some white pants. Unless he really doesn't mind wearing the one color outfits. I just dont see too many people buying those blue & orange clown pants.

Back on topic...what did everything thing of Tigers interview after his round? He seemed to be in semi-good spirits after his historic implosion on the course this week.

so today we should be in for a good finish, and can Phil finish in the top 4? I'm going to say he doesn't and he will have to wait another week to become number 1

so today we should be in for a good finish, and can Phil finish in the top 4? I'm going to say he doesn't and he will have to wait another week to become number 1

You might be right. The good news for Phil fans is that every week that goes by, it gets easier to take over the spot. I mean if neither played for a number of weeks, Phil would take the spot that way as well.

Phil just hit a drive that went off a tree, and hit the cart path about 5 times. Reminds me of Don Johnson in Tin Cup!!! "Still Going"

Wow, Phil almost bladed a bunker shot and flew the green. Now stuck with nothing.

Phil just hit a drive that went off a tree, and hit the cart path about 5 times. Reminds me of Don Johnson in Tin Cup!!! "Still Going"

and then he just SCORCHED a bunker shot. I mean he hit that a country mile when he only needed to hit it a little bit. Can't say I haven't done the same unfortunately.

so world number one does terrible, number 2 not looking so good to take over the spot again and number 3 Withdraws. :dohanim:

holy +18 tigger!

Am I the only person who noticed that Sean O'Hair has a new more "banker" look?

wow what a shot by kenny perry!

holy crap what a shot by perry! straight in on the fly from a pretty good ways out for eagle!

wow orange golf ball sighting!

phil with a 8 iron from 193! and it lands on the green, now he did have a little wind but still!

I know I heard that it was an 8 iron and got embarsed when I thought of how far I can hit my 8 iron!

phil with a 8 iron from 193! and it lands on the green, now he did have a little wind but still!

Back