The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him. Watched him for 4 years in college in the ACC. Never understood why he left school early. I think he could still be one more year on the practice squad away from a roster spot. But he is a keeper for sure.

He was active last year. Maybe not the whole year but I know he played some. I love him too. Theyre saying hes got the drops in camp which isnt good but I hope they dont give up on him.

May not have to look far. McGee is not looking to shabby for a rook. Give him a few years in the system and who knows.

Hes not a rookie. He was a rookie last year.

i like how chad comes out there himself to check on the guy just for the attention :D

just tuned in, what an awesome game 6-0!

i'd rather watch an mtv reality show

This isnt about football its about NBC showing stupid commercials for "the event" over and over and over and over

This isnt about football its about NBC showing stupid commercials for "the event" over and over and over and over

huh, the event? never heard of it, lmao!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring! I know its preseason but the slow play thread has more action then this game!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring! I know its preseason but the slow play thread has more action then this game!

I have to agree, thats the most boring crap I have watched in quite awhile. Way more pathetic than a normal pre-season game.

hey its football, better than watching some nightly nbc show that would be on right now.

I wish Jenn would buy some Cowboys gear from there...she would only by Bills stuff

ANy of it would be awesome on a woman...hahaha

Im not disputing others have problems as well. What I am talking about is red zone efficiency. Apparently I am not alone in this thinking. Looking at numbers, they were VERY LOW last year and he was one of hte major reasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-COWBOYS-MINICAMPDallas-aims-to-fix-redzone-woes-38774511

JB some of it has to do with Romo and his quick feet but a lot of the blame IMO goes to Garrett and his horrible play calling in the red zone. He throws the ball on almost every down despite the fact that he has 3 outstanding running backs. There is no originality in his calls. I watched the games last year with a fellow Cowboy fan and on a good 80% of the play calls I was able to say what was going to happen before the play. And IMO the worst part is that he NEVER throws the ball to Witten in the red zone. Never. 20-20 I think Garrett is a good play caller. Red zone and the guy loses his mind. Romo is a good QB and he is getting better. Look at the play on 3rd down last night. Instead of trying to squeeze something into tight coverage or running around with the ball until he fumbled he simply threw it away. I think in 10 years we will be laughing at how everyone was criticizing this guy. I think he is about to be in the top ranks of QB's no questions asked. Just IMO though.

Phillips is going to be All-Pro!! haha jk! Nice block there Choice. What do you think of this Ogletree guy? I think he could put Williams out of a job.

I think Ogletree is the next Austin. Love him. And what a blow to the Boys to lose Phillips last night. Thought he was going to have a break out type of year. Well at least as good a year as you can have being a backup/third string TE lol.

JB some of it has to do with Romo and his quick feet but a lot of the blame IMO goes to Garrett and his horrible play calling in the red zone. He throws the ball on almost every down despite the fact that he has 3 outstanding running backs. There is no originality in his calls. I watched the games last year with a fellow Cowboy fan and on a good 80% of the play calls I was able to say what was going to happen before the play. And IMO the worst part is that he NEVER throws the ball to Witten in the red zone. Never. 20-20 I think Garrett is a good play caller. Red zone and the guy loses his mind. Romo is a good QB and he is getting better. Look at the play on 3rd down last night. Instead of trying to squeeze something into tight coverage or running around with the ball until he fumbled he simply threw it away. I think in 10 years we will be laughing at how everyone was criticizing this guy. I think he is about to be in the top ranks of QB's no questions asked. Just IMO though.

Taking last night into consideration as you did, he also overthrew two receivers in the redzone that were open. Again its preseason, so i get that.

Some think he has it, they are entitled to that. They said the same thing 2 years ago, then again last year. I just dont see it. Tools are one thing, every guy at this level has tools. And his are as good or better than many. But he is missing something and part of that I believe is not about the play calling and everything about Romo. Romo as a QB has tunnel vision always has. He has gotten better at it, but as the field shrinks, and more blocking is needed, his targets shrink too. When his first option is covered, he is in absolute panic mode like a rookie QB and is usually falling backwards (not because of pressure) and it leads to high sailing throws.

I think Ogletree is the next Austin. Love him. And what a blow to the Boys to lose Phillips last night. Thought he was going to have a break out type of year. Well at least as good a year as you can have being a backup/third string TE lol.

Now that is action i want. I watched this kid in college A LOT. Strong receiver, but no probowler. Not anytime soon anyway. Because one thing Austin has is very good hands at this level. Ogletree has hands of stone. They are working with him and he is rotating from using gloves to none and going back and forth, but without hands, that will be an issue. I love the guy and he was a great signing, but he is more of a distant weapon than a game changer week in and week out in my opinion.

I have to agree with JB here, I dont see Romo as a prime time QB. I never have. I also never saw Jake Delhomme as one...hehe. I think Romo has had some great tools to work with and in order to even step on an NFL field, you have to have some skills. SO I think he has been lucky enough to have talent around him. I also dont think that you can call ANY player the next Miles Austin, I dont think he has had enough good games to compare. He did have a great second half of the season, but before I go an put all of myeggs in one basket, I hope for all you cowboys fans he continues his success on the field through this year. The cowboys could be a good team. They just need to prove themselves. Note: I am not a cowboys fan, and I dont cheer against them, it was just my opinion

The only thing about losing Phillips is that it will alow Sicko a chance to make the team. He grew up next to my Uncle's house. Was an undrafted free agent. Nice guy, used to play football with him at my uncles....would be cool to see him make the team and play.

now you can think of men playing football in the bed instead of your wife
your going to have this image everytime now, i just ruined you hahaha

No way buddy!!!! I know what I will be thinking about....and it wont be football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back