The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the worst thing that happens to me this week I'm living right, but man I hate getting shots... And even more I hate that dead arm feeling you get after getting a shot.

If this is the worst thing that happens to me this week I'm living right, but man I hate getting shots... And even more I hate that dead arm feeling you get after getting a shot.

Just think of the little Canaminidan.

Worth it.

Can I get your opinion...

I received an e-mail from my best friends 16 yr old daughter over the weekend. It was a gofundme.com e-mail via his daughter.
She wants to go to Europe this summer, and is asking for donations.
She has no job.

I ignored the initial request, but then a few days later got an e-mail from her directly (also sent to 6 other people) explaining why she wants to go.

I'm not close with her.

I don't want to donate any money towards her trip.
She doesn't have a job. She's doing horrible in school.

When I was a kid, my hockey team travelled out of the country and we had to work our butts off to raise money.

She got my e-mail address from her dad (along with the other 6 e-mail addresses).

I feel like it's kind of out of line for her to request money for me to pay for her vacation.

I would never let my kids do the same.

I was initially going to just ignore the e-mails.

Then today I was thinking I will say I'll donate $200 if she gets straight A's from here on out.

But, I'm raising my own kids. I don't feel like that's fair. I don't do that for my kids. Why should I do it for someone else's?

Lastly, I was thinking about just donating $20. It's such a small amount in the big picture I feel like they can't help but get the message I don't want to participate in paying for her vacation.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have taken a pretty firm approach to things like this, as I transition from young adult into middle age status and start getting stuff like this.

If I am at the grocery store and a girl comes up to me and asks if I want to buy some cookies, I'll buy the cookies. Good on them for learning how to approach people, and earn a dollar. Adversely, if their parents ask, or if someone asks for their child, there are zero instances where I will pay into that. It's not the point. It is quite similar when someone asks me to support their hockey/baseball/football/golf team. If the child can ask me directly, to my face, I'll donate. If not, 95% of the time I opt out or ignore the message.

For this email, I would ignore it completely. Trips to Europe will offer great life experiences, but this little twit apparently needs to spend her summer in school before she gets to enjoy living abroad. If I were to get pressed, I'd be honest with my friend and say that I felt it was sent in bad taste and I have no interest in funding the trip.

Most situations, I am a bit too honest for my own good. This would be another sample of that.

Just think of the little Canaminidan.

Worth it.

it was the Tdap. As I will probably do anything for my little CalPal, I caved and let AMart administer, although my intentions of being buzzed were difficult to accommodate at 11am.

I can't wait to be Canadad, But still. Eff shots.

it was the Tdap. As I will probably do anything for my little CalPal, I caved and let AMart administer, although my intentions of being buzzed were difficult to accommodate at 11am.

I figured that was the one.

Good ole Amart, he's a useful one.

Congrats he really just gave you some strain of an obscure disease from Africa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why do you think I wanted your address

No way would I pay for someones vacation. For school sure I would help out a bit. I got a go fund me request a few days ago from someone that had run up to much debit buying things (even listed the things )and wanted to pay it down with a gofundme. I didnt respond but I wanted to say take all the crap that was not needed back to the store if you cant afford it.

Amazing how some people just don't want to work for things. If you want something out of reach make it your goal to get to a point where it is in reach don't just buy it on credit (credit is not bad that is not what I am saying)

A gofundme request to help pay off someone's overspending debt????

That story annoys me more than my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So AMart was ANurse?

So AMart was ANurse?

I used some fancy words in his direction and threatened to return the dead arm feeling later with my fist. He is probably regretting his decision to be a cog in my wife's master plan.

I used some fancy words in his direction and threatened to return the dead arm feeling later with my fist. He is probably regretting his decision to be a cog in my wife's master plan.
Fancy swear words?

I have taken a pretty firm approach to things like this, as I transition from young adult into middle age status and start getting stuff like this.

If I am at the grocery store and a girl comes up to me and asks if I want to buy some cookies, I'll buy the cookies. Good on them for learning how to approach people, and earn a dollar. Adversely, if their parents ask, or if someone asks for their child, there are zero instances where I will pay into that. It's not the point. It is quite similar when someone asks me to support their hockey/baseball/football/golf team. If the child can ask me directly, to my face, I'll donate. If not, 95% of the time I opt out or ignore the message.

For this email, I would ignore it completely. Trips to Europe will offer great life experiences, but this little twit apparently needs to spend her summer in school before she gets to enjoy living abroad. If I were to get pressed, I'd be honest with my friend and say that I felt it was sent in bad taste and I have no interest in funding the trip.

Most situations, I am a bit too honest for my own good. This would be another sample of that.

You and I think alike.

As much as I don't want to do it, I feel so strongly that this is in bad taste that I will let him know.

His wife is a real estate agent.
I'm about the easiest guy to get along with.
My worst habit is I like to golf.
She hates me. Not because I'm a bad influence. Simply because she's jealous of her husbands relationship with me (her words).
He was my regular golf buddy but we now rarely golf together because it bothers her that he is with me.
In the rare instance where we do golf together now he has to lie to her and tell her he's golfing with someone else.

Why do I bring that up?
She's also a real estate agent.
We are looking for a new home.
I already knew I'd have to go with her...but, he actually told me the same thing.

She will flat out be an itch to me to my face, yet she stands to make upwards of 20-30k from me.

Wow...that's my first 2 rants here, within an hour or so of one another.

I just needed to get that out.

You and I think alike.

As much as I don't want to do it, I feel so strongly that this is in bad taste that I will let him know.

She hates me. Not because I'm a bad influence. Simply because she's jealous of her husbands relationship with me (her words).
He was my regular golf buddy but we now rarely golf together because it bothers her that he is with me.
In the rare instance where we do golf together now he has to lie to her and tell her he's golfing with someone else.

Why do I bring that up?
I already knew I'd have to go with her...but, he actually told me the same thing.

She will flat out be an itch to me to my face, yet she stands to make upwards of 20-30k from me.

To hell with that man ... surely there is another great, reputable real estate agent in the area, no? If you're former military, hit up USAA and get their recommendations.

You and I think alike.

Why do I bring that up?

Wow, you are a good friend. I would have said no to the daughter and the wife. The gofundme request and following email was presumptuous and put you in a no win, awkward situation IMO.

Absolutely gutted, and completely numb right now. We lost the baby. I have absolutely no clue what to do
No words man, no words. Hate to hear this and wish I could say something that would help. Thoughts and prayers for you guys.

You and I think alike.

Why do I bring that up?

This is a great thread to air it all out, my good man. The THP Community rocks.

This.

It's annoying how easy it is to beg for money now with the internet.

Damn... I bought a M1 - wonder if I could have gofunded it?!

What a joke!

To hell with that man ... surely there is another great, reputable real estate agent in the area, no? If you're former military, hit up USAA and get their recommendations.

I would strongly recommend someone going VA financing look at other VA direct lenders beside USAA. Like... Anyone. Anyone but USAA. Current and former military deserve the best, and I have not seen that quality of service from USAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back