The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying 'home' to Vancouver with the family for 8 days.
We booked a flight through an airline I've never heard of because we wanted to fly to Bellingham.

Just found out they charge $50 for each carry on. $5 for each boarding pass.

WTF?

Allegiant Air, if anyone wants to avoid it in the future.
I think it's funny how these budget airlines work. If you're flying yourself with no bags, pretty cheap. If you need to check bags and there are a few of you, it gets very close price wise to be not worth doing.

I also think it's funny as I just wrapped up an audit of an authority on the NY/Ottawa border…and they have A LOT of their future financial base tied to the potential success of Allegiant Air beginning flight service out of their tiny border town airport in 2016.

Clearly the only answer is to buy a new TV.

Surprisingly that's what my wife said too. It'll have to wait a few months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just love sitting in the hospital for nearly two days only to be told everything checks out normal and you are free to go home. Long story about my mom so I won't bore anyone with the details. I know you would think we would be happy about the all clear but there is something wrong and no one can figure it out.

I am very sorry to hear that Phil

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Just love sitting in the hospital for nearly two days only to be told everything checks out normal and you are free to go home. Long story about my mom so I won't bore anyone with the details. I know you would think we would be happy about the all clear but there is something wrong and no one can figure it out.
That's no fun not knowing what's bothering her. Best of luck to you and your mom.

Phillip the not knowing what's wrong is the worst. Michelle has been dealing with a situation like this for two weeks now.

hope they can find some answers for your mom. I know what it's like to watch someone you love be in pain or suffer.

Just had to drive 2 hours up to our Colo and back to press the power button to power cycle the server because a consultant screwed up something. So freaking frustrating. I need a drink...

Mid 6 figures, and I'll be your competent consultant. Just saying. :D
Just had to drive 2 hours up to our Colo and back to press the power button to power cycle the server because a consultant screwed up something. So freaking frustrating. I need a drink...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Things are very rocky at home with the wife. Was trying to avoid facing these things with her until after the holidays but she wanted to have a talk this morning. She wasn't happy with my answers. I'm at peace with where I am. That's all I can be.

Things are very rocky at home with the wife. Was trying to avoid facing these things with her until after the holidays but she wanted to have a talk this morning. She wasn't happy with my answers. I'm at peace with where I am. That's all I can be.

I'm happy for you Barry, which sounds bad, but you got to get to that place for you. I here buddy if you need to talk.

Thats a tough spot cpl. wish you luck.

Good luck Barry especially after the great trip with your son. Sounds like sooner the better ya know...

Good luck, Barry.

Sorry to hear it, Barry. It's a tough situation for all but glad that you are comfortable with where you are. Good luck with everything going forward.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Its tough for her to hear where I am. Things are not horrible, but I'm not happy either. I've been going through the motions for many years, and now I think its time to start living for me again. Will have an impact on my golf game and THP for that matter. But its time for me to seek out happiness again.

Its tough for her to hear where I am. Things are not horrible, but I'm not happy either. I've been going through the motions for many years, and now I think its time to start living for me again. Will have an impact on my golf game and THP for that matter. But its time for me to seek out happiness again.
Sometimes... you gotta do what you need to do. Find what makes you happy.

Wishing the best to you Barry. Whatever that turns out to be

Wishing the best to you Barry. Whatever that turns out to be

Perfectly said. I wish the best for you Barry.

Just realized this morning that the PS4 Santa is bringing the kids won't hook up to my slightly older Sony Vega TV. No place around us carries HDMI to RCA converters, and there's no way we'll get one shipped in time. Looks like I'm going to be taking an extremely long lunch break on Monday to go track one down 45 minutes away from us.

Amazon Prime? https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=HDMI+to+RCA+converters

EDIT: saw you already figured it all out!

Last edited:
So there was a shooting at a mall today in Madison. Looks like the media is bending over backwards to not just say it was a gang member who did it. Zero discussion of "who" the shooter was

So there was a shooting at a mall today in Madison. Looks like the media is bending over backwards to not just say it was a gang member who did it. Zero discussion of "who" the shooter was

We were following it all day. I turned to Morgan and said well you know what didn't happen.

One thing I've found is do what makes you happy and other things usually shake out in a good way. Sending positive thoughts your way, hope things work out for you.

Im sorry to hear that Barry but hope you work it out, what ever it turns out to be. Looks like you have had an awesome time with your son.

I can't imagine it will be easy but sometimes
It's time to invest in one's self. Being emotionally tied to something that isn't working can wear on a person. If you are at peace then it's time. Work on you, we are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back