Favorite Course Designer

Favorite Course Designer

Very much a fan of the old designers like Ross, tillinghast (sp)

Pete Dye. Even though half of his courses make you hate him, they are all fantastic. The whole Dye family is actually pretty solid.

Very much a fan of the old designers like Ross, tillinghast (so)

The counter club I grew up caddying on was a Tillinghaust design. Still one of my favorite courses in this area

Pete Dye.

I'm a Doak fan as well and Johnny Miller designs

I played two reese jones courses this year (Cog Hill Dubsdread and Waldorf Astoria) and both were fantastic.

Coore and Crenshaw, Palmer and Strantz. The only one I truly dislike really is Nicklaus (with a couple exceptions)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Coore and Crenshaw, Palmer and Strantz. The only one I truly dislike really is Nicklaus (with a couple exceptions)

Something tells me Hammock Beach Ocean Course might change your mind...haha

Pete dye and Ross come to mind but I like Palmer as well

That's is a beautiful track. It's in his signature series of I remember correctly

The two I do like that come to mind off the top of my head are his signature series. All the pictures I have seen as well I think you are right

Ross. Hands down. Simple, testing, and rewarding of a good shot.

One of the most fun layouts I've played was a Palmer design. So that's what I going with.

Big fan of Palmers work. Underrated often. Very playable and fun. Still will have a few holes with teeth though.

Coore/Crenshaw are fantastic. Love their minimalist approach.

The Hideaway was my first Clive Clark design and I loved it. After that it's

Dye
Palmer
Nicklaus
Fazio
Norman

Mike Strantz.

Dye or Palmer for me.

I don't much pay attention to course designers but I have noticed a trend that I really enjoy Stanley Thompson courses.

On the topic of course designers. Had anyone played a DL 3 course yet?

Donald Ross, he has a lot of famous courses in other parts of the country, but he got his start here in MA and he has some pretty great courses here.

Back