Odyssey Putters Thread

Played around with some lead tape on my Big T #5. First time ever using it, but a little bit seems to go a long way. Feels a lot more stable for my swing, but not as good as the WTC #7 at this point. This calls for more tinkering!

Not usually my cup of tea, but the MOI in the works bigT vline is a serious advantage... definitely calms the nerves to know the ball is going to come off consistently.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not usually my cup of tea, but the MOI in the works bigT vline is a serious advantage... definitely calms the nerves to know the ball is going to come off consistently.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I shied away from the VLine head shape and my Works TC has made me wonder why I waited so long. I was already putting pretty well before, but now the confidence is sky high.

Getting ready to head out for my first outdoor experience with the MXM #6.

Getting ready to head out for my first outdoor experience with the MXM #6.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Scott!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Scott!

I'll be happy if it rolls half as good outdoors as it does indoors! Haha

First on course action with the #7 Works Tank Cruiser, tomorrow. Have loved it on the practice green, so excited to get it on the course in the morning.

Took my BIL over to golf galaxy to look at putters. Got to spend some time rolling the 2 ball fang. That is a solid putter and i may have to invest in another putter. Really like the works insert.

Positive first experience with the MXM #6 on the course today. I knew I liked it when I drained a par saving 10 footer on my 2nd hole after a very mediocre chip. Had great distance control all day as I was left with no 2nd putts greater than 2 feet. That was saying a lot too as the winter rye was quite slow and was very uneven on a lot of greens. Will definitely take me a few rounds to get it totally dialed in and be 100% with the aesthetics of the putter coming from using nothing but center, straight shafted SeeMore's for the last 3 years. In going with the MXM, the feel / sound is quite similar to what I am used to and like though.

Last edited:
First round out with the Works Tank Cruiser #7 today. Was stoked to get it on the course. I have it setup with the 30g weight in the grip and the two 20g weights on the putter head. It's beefy, and I like it. Just feels so dang balanced.

Had a great day on the greens, totaling 28 putts, with 5 straight one putts on the back (4 in a row were par saves). On a day that I was missing with my approach shots, hitting first cut or fringe just off the green all day, having this one rolling them in was the saving grace of my round. Of the 5 straight 1-putts on the back 9, only one of them was inside 5 feet.

The putts made were great, I made a few that were downright impressive. But, the one thing that really blew me away was my lag putting. Being on the wrong side a green a time or three, and staring at a tough long putt, being able to lag it to inside a few feet for an easy tap in was huge. The heavier head with the 20g weights in, combined with the heavier weight on the butt end of the grip just provided a smooth, simple putting stroke that put the ball on line and let it roll.

Aligning the #7 head shape AND the Versa paint scheme was money. The 3-dot site line on top is just an added bonus. Being square to the hole with the putter head was a very easy alignment to find.

I'm pretty freaking impressed with this setup. Having long been a fan of counterbalanced putters, I am always intrigued to try now setups (heavier head, heavier backweighting, etc), and this one just seems to be set up perfect to what I look for in a putter.

So far, so good. Looking forward to see how the putting continues with this one in the bag.

Sounds like other ponders may need to take a backseat for a bit!!! 28 putts first out is solido!!
Yes sir. Honestly, this putter did exactly what I was expecting it to do.

I'm a fan of the #7 head shape.
I'm a fan of heavier putters.
I'm a fan of backweighted putters.
I'm a fan of easy to use alignment aides.

All in one package.

Damn RyJo the salesman....killing me here bud!

Damn RyJo the salesman....killing me here bud!
You and I like a lot of similar things when it comes to these types of putters, I think you would dig it.

Was playing around with a Tank Cruiser Works #1 and liked it a lot.

Was playing around with a Tank Cruiser Works #1 and liked it a lot.
Yep yep. Solid setup. Works Tank Cruiser #1 Wide needs to be in my putter stable.

​My putting has been terrible lately so I put my Odyssey White Ice 2 ball back in the bag today. Man I forgot how good this thing rolls.

I love hearing the good putting War. I almost have my VLine dialed in on longer putts. Last few rounds have been 32 & 33 putts so i can't be mad at that

went to a golfsmith up near my parents house armed with some older clubs and some gift cards. Walked out with a works tank cruiser #7. I knew I could get a ponder and I tried out all the #7s they had. This thing was so good again. After purchase I stopped at a golf course that was open to putt on the practice green and it only solidified the greatness of this putter.
The runner up in my putter contest was the 2-ball fang. that thing is really good too and I would feel good with it in my bag.
Last odyssey thought, the new red colored odysseys are really cool looking in person. I didnt know what I would think of them, but they looked great.

32349cb9a795ff17bfc2981e4beec91a.jpg
0709c43fc2ddc7d2ce0973f94bce3e3d.jpg
1716462051d786788d91b0544e59a94e.jpg

My collection of Odyssey putters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally bit and added the 5CS white damascus putter, such a steal off Rakuten. Tungsten, insert, mx overlay, AND center shaft.... Win!

I finally bit and added the 5CS white damascus putter, such a steal off Rakuten. Tungsten, insert, mx overlay, AND center shaft.... Win!

Sucha great series. I have the #9HT and love the feel of it, just wish it had adjustable weights as I like a heavier putter.

ranger that's a gorgeous collection. Really like that #7 MXM.

Just googled it. That's a very nice looking putter.

Went into GOLFSMITH today to get my irons lie adjusted and went to the putting green as usual while I waited. Picked up a 330M Tank Cruiser and was rolling lights out with it. I grabbed my gamer #7 Works Tank Crusier and it wasn't even close. It may just be a fluke but I'm on a hard ponder for a 330M. Those double sight lines are extremely helpful to me and suit my eye very well and had me aligned perfectly. Not a shape I would particular be attracted to but it seemed to fit my stroke pretty darn well. I hope it's not just a "in-store" thing

Back