Odyssey Putters Thread

ranger that's a gorgeous collection. Really like that #7 MXM.
Thanks, the MXM Versa #7 treats me pretty well...I think I am going to start 2016 golf season with the Milled Collection #7 or #5. The MXM Versa #7 happens to always find its way back though!

I'm really starting to like my 2-Ball Fang. Starting to get really comfortable with it. Played today, and the greens were soaked. You could see water tailing off the ball. Had to hit it so hard it was ridiculous. The last 6 holes it started drying up and I made a couple nice 1 putts from 10 feet to save par. One thing I miss is being able to sweep the ball up on a gimmie. Not a huge deal, just always had putters with space in the back for this. I also noticed when it's wet out it is easy to get grass and stuff stuck in the insert and doesn't come out 100 percent without really trying to clean it. I'm sure it doesn't effect roll, and I get it out eventually, worst case after the round is over. Just me being anal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had a 2 ball fang, I found I could scoop the ball up using the "north" edge of the putter (the face being west). It worked 95% of the time, just took some getting used to...

I have come to the conclusion that the V Line head is the only thing that works excellent for me. I have tried to work with other brands and shapes over the past year and I just put so damn well with the V Line. Works Tank Cruiser V Line is in the bag to stay until they upgrade it. I will stray no longer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have come to the conclusion that the V Line head is the only thing that works excellent for me. I have tried to work with other brands and shapes over the past year and I just put so damn well with the V Line. Works Tank Cruiser V Line is in the bag to stay until they upgrade it. I will stray no longer.

The V-Line sets up crazy well to the ball.

It won me over on the putting green in numerous golf stores last season.

When I had a 2 ball fang, I found I could scoop the ball up using the "north" edge of the putter (the face being west). It worked 95% of the time, just took some getting used to...

Gonna try that out tomorrow. Thanks!

Had my White Hot regripped with a Slim 3.0 yesterday and rolled a few balls with it afterward. Such an improvement - I was a little worried that the heavier grip would overpower the head, but that wasn't the case at all.

Rolling the 5 Big-T all day on the tour links and dammit, I really like this putter. A lot. A lot lot lot.

Rolling the 5 Big-T all day on the tour links and dammit, I really like this putter. A lot. A lot lot lot.
Had one a few months ago, just too light in headweight for me. Other than that solid offering.

Had one a few months ago, just too light in headweight for me. Other than that solid offering.

350g is right in my wheelhouse luckily. Love that shape!

haha, too bad this recommendation didn't happen while I was trying to sell my Big-T #5 before. Worked out in the end though trading it. The #7ch is perfection to me.

350g is right in my wheelhouse luckily. Love that shape!
Turns out I'm more 375 to 400. Depending on green speed.

I got the shipping email from CPO today for my Odyssey Works #1 Wide Tank Versa with a SuperStroke grip and I'm pumped about getting it! I knew it was the one for me after putting with one and comparing a number of other putters at Golf Mart a few days okay. Coming from a SuperStroke mid slim 2.0 to the SuperStroke 3.0 may take some getting used to though.

​Rolled a 2 Ball Fang today. Dang...now I see what all the fuss is about!

Can't decide which 330m I want to get. Go old-school and get protype #7, MXM or Tank Cruiser. Any one roll all 3?

Can't decide which 330m I want to get. Go old-school and get protype #7, MXM or Tank Cruiser. Any one roll all 3?

I've rolled them all, and honestly, it's not on your list, but the Versa was my favorite. The insert felt really soft, yet still put a solid roll on the ball, making distance control a breeze.

I've rolled them all, and honestly, it's not on your list, but the Versa was my favorite. The insert felt really soft, yet still put a solid roll on the ball, making distance control a breeze.

Oh I've rolled the versa (non 330m), but the one thing that I like about the ones I mentioned is they have a double sight line. That was huge for me!

Oh I've rolled the versa (non 330m), but the one thing that I like about the ones I mentioned is they have a double sight line. That was huge for me!

I could see that. The only reason I don't roll mine more is because of how well I'm getting along with my Bettinardi. But out of all the Odyssey shapes, this is by far my favorite.

If you like dual sight lines you can't go wrong with a 7! Sight lines on the flange combined with the shape does wonders for lining up putts for me

Odyssey Putters Thread

That's interesting you say that because it's not the shape I would normally gravitate to. But when I picked up the tank cruiser 330m. Alignment was a breeze and was really comfortable set up over the ball

I could see that. The only reason I don't roll mine more is because of how well I'm getting along with my Bettinardi. But out of all the Odyssey shapes, this is by far my favorite.

If you like dual sight lines you can't go wrong with a 7! Sight lines on the flange combined with the shape does wonders for lining up putts for me

I actually have tank cruiser works #7 in the stable right now. It's my current gamer. But it doesn't have a the 2 sight lines on the flange. Only has a three dots on the top line. The fusion RX insert is putting a great role on the ball. But not 100% sold on this one without the sight lines on the flange. Verdict is still out though as I only have 72 holes with it

Have any of you swapped the Odyssey SuperStroke grips for the regular SuperStroke grips? I'm considering tossing a mid slim 2.0 on once my putter arrives, but I'm wondering how it would affect the overall weighting.

I actually have tank cruiser works #7 in the stable right now. It's my current gamer. But it doesn't have a the 2 sight lines on the flange. Only has a three dots on the top line. The fusion RX insert is putting a great role on the ball. But not 100% sold on this one without the sight lines on the flange. Verdict is still out though as I only have 72 holes with it

Yeah the works cruiser has the versa scheme... while it's a great putter, matte black with lines on the flange with that fusion rx insert would have been home run

The new Works line has me absolutely impressed. A few more will be added to the hoard, I do believe. Besides the #7 and #1 Wide, the V-Line looks incredible. Plus, Jman says I will like it, so, theres that.

The new Works line has me absolutely impressed. A few more will be added to the hoard, I do believe. Besides the #7 and #1 Wide, the V-Line looks incredible. Plus, Jman says I will like it, so, theres that.

I can bring you the #1 Wide when we play next week. Its yours.

I can bring you the #1 Wide when we play next week. Its yours.
Thanks dude, miss having that one as a solid option away from a full mallet.

However, #7 will be rolled on Thursday, such a great setup for me with the weighting.

Back