What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Christmas Eve I shot 40/40 for an 80 with 2 penalty strokes. 1-3putt 3-lipped out putts and an Eagle! It's was 48° with 10-12 mph winds. Was a good day.

Not a great day.

44-44/88
5 FIR & 5 GIR
36 putts

Driver was amiss all day enough to leave me punching out quite a bit. Putted really well but a triple and a quad did its damage on the score.

70 + temps on Christmas Eve? Hells yes!

44/46 90 with a 7 on a par 3, lost one ball, and did not putt particularly well (35 putts, 2 three putts).
Fun day, tho. I enjoy golf, no matter what the score (well, almost).

44/46 90 with a 7 on a par 3, lost one ball, and did not putt particularly well (35 putts, 2 three putts).
Fun day, tho. I enjoy golf, no matter what the score (well, almost).

That sounds like my putting. 7 on a par 3 is rough. But at least you are golfing.

I am moving to the warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like my putting. 7 on a par 3 is rough. But at least you are golfing.

I am moving to the warm.

I am with you on moving to the warm! Its starting to cool off in KC now, but as long as there isnt snow ill be golfing.

I am moving to the warm.

The desert can be penal. 35 putts at my home course is actually pretty good.
There are lots of jobs and cheap housing in AZ!!

47/44 for a 91 at Glen Mills with motoo####. The good news is that ball striking is terrific and my GIR's have been up. Bad news is putting was horrendous, mostly on the front, that led to many three putts with those GIR's. I ended up changing my putting grip mid round to what it was a couple months ago and things improved.

For Christmas Eve on the east coast, playing a round with shorts and a short sleeve polo and paying winter rates with good company, it was a great round.

Got out this morning for a bit, played/practiced 18 in about 3 hrs. Pretty quiet on the course so didn't keep score, I just hit a few shots from different positions on each hole. Worked a good deal on short game chipping and wedge distance control where I was in dire need of some work. Feel real good about it now and look forward to playing again tomorrow!

Had 14 guys show today for our skins game. Shot 72 (36-36) 3 birdies, a double, and one bogey. The double was terrible. I hit my tee shot out of bounds on a Par 5. That I could have hit 3 hybrid off the tee and got home in two. Course setup was different today some tee boxes were pushed way up and some were pushed way back. It made the round interesting as gave some variety and different looks. Oh and it was great to be playing day after Christmas in Ohio and got two skins so good day.

Last edited:
82 today, even par through 8and bogies on 9-18. Ugh...

41 - 40 = 81
32 putts no 3 putts
7/14 FIR
8/18 GIR
1 birdie 2 doubles
First round in a while, mud fest. Found something last few holes, feel good for tomorrow.

Finally got back out again on Christmas eve. Shot 47/42.

51991cc5db41a7a9c6b6a3a312010078.jpg

47/40= 87 30 putts

6/13 FIRs. 4/18 GIRs

Driver was my issue today too inconsistent. Hit one drive 264 and another 257 but a bunch of hooks and worm burners made this a lot tougher than it should have been

My round today was the complete opposite I see of my captain Freddie's. Was fortunate to be only 4 over through 8 holes with only 1 FIR and 2 GIR to that point. Birdied #18 (my 9th hole) and played much better on the front 9. Ended up with 39 - 37 - 76. 50% in both FIR and GIR. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

47-40. Brutal day. Played horrible and the wind and cold temp didn't help at all.

My round today was the complete opposite I see of my captain Freddie's. Was fortunate to be only 4 over through 8 holes with only 1 FIR and 2 GIR to that point. Birdied #18 (my 9th hole) and played much better on the front 9. Ended up with 39 - 37 - 76. 50% in both FIR and GIR. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

Nice shooting Scott!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42/40 - 82

On a course that I have never played and it freaking rained the entire round. Cannot complain at all about my score. Hit the ball really freaking well. Made a couple bad club choices early on. The 56* was just deadly from the 100-110 range. Missed 3 very makeable birdie putts, which was frustrating.

38/40 in a pretty rushed round trying to beat the moon in some disgustingly soggy conditions. 1/14 fairways (yes one, that's not a typo!), 8/18 greens, but only 28 putts helps. differentialed to 6.9 but somehow bumped my trend from 7.8 to 8.0??? all in all it was a very fun day, I just need to get this new driver sorted out. I was murdering it on the range. but I'm out of chromesoft so I played an older generation prov1 so maybe too much spin off the driver?

39/40, 79.

3 bogeys on the front, a double and 2 bogeys on the back. No birds.

Game off the tee was solid, but I was hitting the first cut or fringe ALL day. Short game saved me, and kept me from big numbers. Frustrated with my one double, as I was setup poorly off the tee on a dogleg left and tried a hero shot (read: I can not hit a draw no matter how much I will it to happen). 5 straight 1 putts on the back 9, getting up and down saved the round.

39 / 43 with a double on 18

A practice round 40/49-89 yesterday. 2 FIR, 3 GIR, 31 putts. Really bad off the tees, decent iron and short game, very solid with the putter. No back pain today FTW.

43/45 for 88 this morning with 36 putts

41/46 on my home course today. getting off the tee well on the front 9 and putting was bleh. putting improved on the back 9 but my tee game was bleh. Irons were pretty solid all day. hitting my hybrids really well. Hit a lot of fairways but only a couple of greens. I was putting from the apron a lot.

high 60s today and ALOT of wind. I walked as it was cart path after all the rain the past few days. I was in summer attire and was actually sweating. We have another storm front moving in tomorrow and we're back to "normal" winter weather here. It's always good to get out and enjoy the weather.

went all tin cup on the sim. 139 or so

Another ugly ball striking day, particularly off the tee, but very good scoring day. 39 - 36 - 75 with 3 birdies and nothing above bogey. Only hit 6 of 14 fairways but was able to hit 11 of 18 greens. Hit several good recovery shots after being left for dead off the tee. Like yesterday, much more success off the tee on the second 9 (5 / 7) than the first 9 (1 / 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back