What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a 43/40 (Par 71) at Wickenburg Ranch yesterday. More and more my driver is the club to tee off with on every par 4 & 5. I was hitting it very well yesterday. I pulled the hybrid on one short par 4 and promptly put it into the drink.

Played good today in the first time in forever. Could have been really low if I had made a few more putts. Was 39 degrees and the course was soaked. Doubt I got more than 2 or 3 yards of roll on any drive. Was at Big Met

36 - 36 = 72
34 putts with 1 three putt
8/14 FIR
14/18 GIR

1 eagle, 1 birdie, 13 pars, 3 bogeys
eagle was boring, shortish par 5 (#13), good drive just missed fairway, 6 hybrid from 172 pin high 18 feet.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/700626

Man, based on what you said you shot at the sim golf, that is a big turn around.
Congrats.

thats alot of greens, well done

and sounds like the driver turned around

Shot a stellar 89 today, working on that Handicap

An even par 72. It was a very uneventful, one birdie round until the 18th hole, a 410 yard downwind hole where I hit my 2Deep off the tee and had 128 yards left for my approach. I hit a perfect wedge that landed 6 feet short of the hole and rolled in for a deuce!! The rest of the group, including my son, were all there to witness and give high fives:act-up:

The irons kept me sane, went birdie, par, birdie then the driver went on vacation and I made the mistake of trying to use the Hybrid and boom the doubles starting rolling in. Downhill slide the rest of the way.

maybe you should ditch your irons in my garage and get new ones lol. You'll get back there soon

Man, based on what you said you shot at the sim golf, that is a big turn around.
Congrats.
Thanks. Can't read to much into the sim round between my tin cup and the fact it didn't track the spin on the ball, if you aimed a little left and hit a cut it would track that as a draw. Might of been a touch stubborn as well by refusing to give up trying to shape the ball. Big Met is also good for ones ego

An even par 72. It was a very uneventful, one birdie round until the 18th hole, a 410 yard downwind hole where I hit my 2Deep off the tee and had 128 yards left for my approach. I hit a perfect wedge that landed 6 feet short of the hole and rolled in for a deuce!! The rest of the group, including my son, were all there to witness and give high fives:act-up:
Nice finish, even better your son was there.

86 44/42 at Valleybrook. Should have been lower but putting killed me on the first few holes. But that evened out and was playing well. 7 pars, 8 bogies and 3 doubles. Weirdly, 2 of the doubles were on the back but also made a lot more pars on the back as well. One stroke off my PB.

This was the first time I played here and some of the additional strokes was due to not knowing the lay out. GIR's are as high as they've ever been and short game is clicking.

Last hole was a par to close out what's been my best year of golf to date.

As I play more and start getting a more consistent swing and more consistent scores, I'm realizing different situations where I play a lot worse than usual. I have some very specific things I want to improve on to work on that and will post in more detail later.

At this point though, I'm gonna enjoy where things are right now and get back to work in 2016!

109. But I was using golf clubs. So I don't feel that bad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Took my son out to walk 9 on the local course. I'm happy he carried his bag most of the time, and even hit some decent shots. As for me, I shot a massively improved 41. Kept it on or near the fairway off the tee, which makes for less complicated second shots...add in some increased focus on my short game and putting that's come through, and before you know it, got close to my 9 hole personal best, with a mere 15 putts.

Managed to squeeze in 9 holes this morning before the heavens opened up. We were the only two groups on the course because it was literally raining all around us, but, not at our course. Shot 40, which was not bad for the conditions. Finished the nine in one hour and 20 minutes, despite it being cart path only. The last half of the final hole was in a pouring rain and cost me a stroke or so. Poor guys in the group behind us had to play the whole last hole in that stuff. We all looked like drowned rats when back in the club house, but, it was good fun.

Shot a 79 yesterday at cabo del sol ocean course in cabo san lucas with a triple bogey on 10. Beautiful course.

didnt lose any balls but Mexican authorities confiscated all my golf balls at the airport on the way home saying they were dangerous as I could throw them at someone. WTF.

Woo Hoo i finally scored a new PB yesterday. Beautiful day on the course, little wind and about 24°C. Started off by birdieing the first 2 holes which was great, a few par's and couple of bogeys and then another birdie to finish the front 9 at -1 35.
Back 9 had a couple more birdies and bogeys to cancel each other out and finish even par 36 for a NEW PB of -1 71 :D. I had some good putts drop and apart from a couple of bad tee shots and picking the wrong wedge on a hole my game was pretty solid.
After going to see the local pro teacher and got a good hour lesson on proper chipping and changing my grip a fraction, my scores have been, 74, 75, 75, 71.

I will say i have scored a -3 69 but that was match play and this is normal stroke play so no gimmies, every thing putted out. I was thinking that in 2016 ones of my goals was to break par in stroke play but i can now say i ticked that off with 2 days left of 2015, no i have to come up with something different.

Here is what my card looked like.

Sorry for going on a bit.

Another test against the weather elements. A lot of wind and a ton of soggy. Thanks to 4 birdies, I shot 39 - 37 - 76. Back to back birdies on 10 & 11 got the back 9 off to a great start but then I gave them both back on 12 when I hit a drive dead right OB and took double. Also had a lateral water hazard penalty shot on the front 9 from an errant wind blown drive. 8/14 FIR and 11/18 GIR.

Woo Hoo i finally scored a new PB yesterday. Beautiful day on the course, little wind and about 24°C. Started off by birdieing the first 2 holes which was great, a few par's and couple of bogeys and then another birdie to finish the front 9 at -1 35.
Back 9 had a couple more birdies and bogeys to cancel each other out and finish even par 36 for a NEW PB of -1 71 :D. I had some good putts drop and apart from a couple of bad tee shots and picking the wrong wedge on a hole my game was pretty solid.
After going to see the local pro teacher and got a good hour lesson on proper chipping and changing my grip a fraction, my scores have been, 74, 75, 75, 71.

I will say i have scored a -3 69 but that was match play and this is normal stroke play so no gimmies, every thing putted out. I was thinking that in 2016 ones of my goals was to break par in stroke play but i can now say i ticked that off with 2 days left of 2015, no i have to come up with something different.

Hell of a round Nathan! Congrats on the PB! :clapp:

45-42/87
9/14 FW
7/18 GIR
34 putts
1 birdie
2 doubles & 2 triples

Blowup holes did it's damage on what could've been a very good round. Putting was mostly great, chipping had some challenges. Happy with iron game, tee game was iffy.

Played just over 6500 yards today which is a bit longer than normal and recent rains provided for no roll in the fairways.

Another test against the weather elements. A lot of wind and a ton of soggy. Thanks to 4 birdies, I shot 39 - 37 - 76. Back to back birdies on 10 & 11 got the back 9 off to a great start but then I gave them both back on 12 when I hit a drive dead right OB and took double. Also had a lateral water hazard penalty shot on the front 9 from an errant wind blown drive. 8/14 FIR and 11/18 GIR.

Your posted some very nice scores and a bunch of them, congrats.. See you in a week at Lake J..

Congrats on the PB Lopsta!

Your posted some very nice scores and a bunch of them, congrats.. See you in a week at Lake J..

Thanks buddy. That's why I wish the Kickoff Classic was tomorrow. Been a long time since I have posted so many solid rounds in a row. And my handicap will likely go up a little when the revision is posted Saturday as I dropped off a 70 and a 73 (but those were surrounded by some low 80's...). Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

Great round Nathan!!

A wet and soggy 9 hole round that I would like to forget today. Totaled a 47. It just reassured me that I need to continue my short game work and my game off the tee has turned into a strength. Oddly though was that I was a club short on everything today. Lone good thing was I used my game golf for the first time. Didn't miss tagging anything but I did double tag on 3 occasions.

i cannot think of a WORSE way to end 2015. i had nothing out there today. i slapped it around, bladed every bunker shot, chunked, thinned, toed, shanked, and cussed my way to a smh 92. 36 putts, 5 fir, 4 gir, not a single bright spot. the course was in terrible shape. we had fun, but this is not how i wanted to go out. i might have to play an emergency 18 this weekend to see if i can get it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back