What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

Having my Burner Plus irons reshafted.

Not even close. the Gyro Swing trainer is the winner

One word I'm ashamed to admit... Warrior. I was searching for an inexpensive 3H to try instead of my 3 iron.

One word I'm ashamed to admit... Warrior. I was searching for an inexpensive 3H to try instead of my 3 iron.

Ooh that thing is a piece of sh** ripoff

Tappin!

I come close to doing the same thing.

can't you get those things for free? I thought that's what the commercials i see all the time said...

edit: just looked at their website and it says "sign up for our news letter and get a free wedge or hybrid".. not sure if there are strings attached.

Brand new sleeve of Bridgestone balls and the first one I hit decided to turn right and hid in the tall brush. It still has not returned. The other two I had a talk with and told them that I would not be happy if they did not return home after the round. I did promise to set them free soon.

can't you get those things for free? I thought that's what the commercials i see all the time said...

edit: just looked at their website and it says "sign up for our news letter and get a free wedge or hybrid".. not sure if there are strings attached.

I checked them out and you have to pay shipping. My brother in law bought into the deal, he got the 3 wedges, $40 shipping. Now they send him free stuff ads all the time just pay shipping.

I thought it would be interesting to revive this thread...

In my case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases this year but one thing that did not work out for me was the Taylormade tour preferred X balls... Maybe I was just having a bad day but I played them like crap!

I think my experience is in the minority, but every SeeMore putter I tried this year, including putters custom fit and built for me after a spi fitting, were terrible. my putting has increased drastically after taking those out and putting a #9 in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a lot of pretty good buys, but will say I'm not sold on the Titleist Tru Soft. I can't putt with them for some reason. So I guess the dozen of those balls I bought.

J15 DF irons with recoils. I literally couldn't get them out of the bag fast enough.

I think my experience is in the minority, but every SeeMore putter I tried this year, including putters custom fit and built for me after a spi fitting, were terrible. my putting has increased drastically after taking those out and putting a #9 in play.

You've given me the courage I need to say this publicly - I bought one this year (granted, not fit) and just could not make it work. I wanted it to so badly, but it didn't perform for me at all.

For this year it would have to be my seemore putters. Don't get me wrong I love them I just can't putt worth a sh1t with center shafted.

I thought it would be interesting to revive this thread...

In my case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases this year but one thing that did not work out for me was the Taylormade tour preferred X balls... Maybe I was just having a bad day but I played them like crap!

Thats funny, I just purchased probably a years supply of them. Since going to this ball I have shot my lowest rounds. Lol

For this year it would have to be my seemore putters. Don't get me wrong I love them I just can't putt worth a sh1t with center shafted.

I would agree with this. I also bought a face balanced odyssey works v line and don't putt very well with that. Since moving to a Bettinardi bb1 my putting has improved drastically.

V Series Heavenwood. Tried many different shafts at various lengths, weights, tippings, etc. and still could not really control it is any aspect.

Can't think of a real bad purchase but I've had some issues with the Datrek stand bag I bought. Shoulder straps twist up easily and it won't hold my golf umbrella tight. Otherwise I can't complain.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You've given me the courage I need to say this publicly - I bought one this year (granted, not fit) and just could not make it work. I wanted it to so badly, but it didn't perform for me at all.

I love how involved their are in thp and think they're a great company, but I didn't get along with their products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, it was the Adams XTD Ti driver, fairways and hybrids ... the regular flex on these clubs was nowhere near a true regular flex (too stiff). I thought they looked so cool, but when they arrived I found that I couldn't hit 'em ... ended up trading them back to Global Golf for some Cobra Baffler XL fairways and a combo iron set.

If possible, hit before you purchase ... lesson learned.

Mike
MPM1960

The second XR Pro 6i I needed because I lost the first one.

I love how involved their are in thp and think they're a great company, but I didn't get along with their products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more.

Big Bertha Mini.

The worst for me personally was buying a laserfinder(bushnell v3). It wasn't the products fault at all but my own. My hands are a little unsteady, I didn't think it would make a difference but it obviously did. It was my first rangefinder, but with my unsteady hands I would often pick up trees behind the flag without realizing it. So yeah that was my worst purchase, no fault to Bushnell but still technically it would classify as a "worst purchase".

Back