2010 PGA Championship (SPOILERS)

thainer chill!!!!!!
he doesnt know, he is reading and posting he hasnt got through all the posts yet. Chill out man!

Wow bridges, you have turned into a regular forum marshall.

Im very chill. He doesnt need to post his thoughts on an arguement that is now dead. Anyone else bringing this up wouldve been told to can it by now.

dude like we said he doesnt know, he is starting from the very beggining and hasnt got to jbs comments yet, he doesnt know we were suppose to quit talking about it. No need for smart alec comment man, he just doesnt know yet, im usre he will edit his post when he sees the comments about stopping..

very true, but I'm pretty confident he hasnt gotten to that part of the thread yet, again remember he is a mod and part of his duties are to police the threads for this kinda stuff

Im very chill. He doesnt need to post his thoughts on an arguement that is now dead. Anyone else bringing this up wouldve been told to can it by now.

Why are you trying to start a fight with Smallville? Are you one of those Canadian rabblerousers?

Kevin

lmfao!!! :laughing:

Why are you trying to start a fight with Smallville? Are you one of those Canadian rabblerousers?

Kevin

lmao! calm down smalls its been over for an hour or so! lol we have all moved on
Yeah, I noticed! Oops!

he hasnt saw all the posts yet, he is just reading and posting he doesnt know we were suppose to quit talking about it, and its hilarious reading what he says as he goes through the posts, he is going to say o crap wasnt suppose to post this stuff lol
I got to JB's post, and while I didn't say that, I said something similar!

Is this really necessary? Trying to re-start something thats dead? A little childish?
I mean everyone else is expected to let it go once JB says "KNOCK IT OFF"
Thainer, get over yourself.

thainer chill!!!!!!
he doesnt know, he is reading and posting he hasnt got through all the posts yet. Chill out man!
Once I read JB's post about quitting, I figured everyone would be laughing at me. Didin't figure Thainer would go moderator on me though!

pretty sure he doesnt realize it yet, remember he is a mod so he knows the rules
Yeah. Sorry! My oops.

Thainer, will you ever forgive me?

Wow bridges, you have turned into a regular forum marshall.

WTF man? Smallville doesnt know whats going on and we were suppose to quit and thainer got mad for him saying stuff and i was explaing to thainer what was going on, thanks for the smart alec comment though.

edit: see i knew what was happening and i know smallville wouldnt be posting that if he knew he was suppose to quit, i was laughing at every single one of them, and thainer got mad and was just telling him to chill, he knows i wasnt trying to be a jerk, but for you to say that comment was not really necessary.

After thinking about the whole bunkergate thing, I have to agree with the ruling based on the rules set up by the PGA for this event. The call was right even though the rule was a bad one. I think DJ should have seen that there was no grass and double checked with the official before he ever put his hands on a club. Better safe than sorry. IMO, everybody was at fault here and this put a very dark spot on a very grand event.

I also want to apologize for my D-Bag comment. I am sure that official knew that he was going to hear about this decision for a long time and he had to make himself sound like he made a confidant decision based on the rules laid down by the PGA. He probably feels the pain of that call just like everybody else, but he had the stones to follow through on the rules where others would have let it slide. He is to be commended for doing the job that they paid him for. It is not his fault that the rules were crap.
My thoughts exactly Seth. BS rule, but had to make the call.

Im not trying to start a fight with anyone. Just dont like seeing others get told while some people get away with things

Kevin

Reactions: JB
Im not trying to start a fight with anyone. Just dont like seeing others get told while some people get away with things

As soon as I got to JB's post I quit. Sorry, but I was behind and I don't start reading a thread I am interested from the back to the front. Deal with it. I'd go delete all my posts, but I don't want to.

Back to the PGA. Congrats Martin! Bummer for DJ and a bold move by Bubba that didn't pan out for him.

had to be the best major of the year for drama and ratings I'm sure.

Looks like Kaymer plans on joining the PGA Tour next year and playing many more events over here. He could make a huge impact on things like FedEx Cup, etc.

had to be the best major of the year for drama and ratings I'm sure.

ratings be dammed the dammed network cut the end off of the last major to put on a preseason football game. :at-wits-end: :at-wits-end::angry: Ok enough of my rant

ratings be dammed the dammed network cut the end off of the last major to put on a preseason football game. :at-wits-end: :at-wits-end::angry: Ok enough of my rant
They didn't move it to an affiliate station? Same thing happened here yesterday, but it just moved over to the local sister station.

They didn't move it to an affiliate station? Same thing happened here yesterday, but it just moved over to the local sister station.

I went through all the channels and nuttin..oh man I was hot...one of the most dramatic finishes and I get cut off.

I went through all the channels and nuttin..oh man I was hot...one of the most dramatic finishes and I get cut off.
Yeah that sucks bad, I feel for ya man.

brutal! I love the NFL but its the pre-season and this was the PGA Championship! sorry to hear this rw

The more I think about this the more irritated I get. I don't understand how you can have the gallery standing (And driving apparently) in hazards that are considered in play. While the proper call was made this course is ill fit to handle championships like this. I was really impressed with the course as a whole but when you don't have anywhere for a gallery to stand except for in the hazards than you should not be allowed to host an event.

I feel bad for Dustin Johnson, but really he should have been up on the rules. Especially if they had this posted in as many areas as they are reporting. Tough break. Also a tough break for Bubba Watson, he played well enough to win this event, 2 swings total, 17th tee in regulation then the 2nd shot on 18 in the playoff. Man! I'm happy he made the Ryder Cup though!!

Side note- maybe it was mentioned earlier but I really liked Dustin Johnson's blue on blue with white belt/hat/shoes look today!

I feel terrible for Johnson. Two majors in one year that he had a chance to win, and two times he comes up short. Granted one time was because his game was not up to par in the final round, I don't think this one is on him. I don't think it's fair that spectators should be allowed to walk in bunkers. And if they do, I think they should have ALL cleared out to let him hit his shot so he could get a better view of what he was looking at. I mean, how many other courses have bunkers that people can walk in freely? I think it was a freak situation, but not fair to the kid. Granted he is one of my favorite golfers and I am probably biased, but I would hate to see that ruling given to anyone.

They should have had the bunkers that were in the line of traffic ruled as waste bunkers. There is no reason those should have been played as regular. Having said that DJ knew the rules but had a brain fart. I'm sure the heat of the moment and nerves played a part and thats a shame.

I agree the proper call was made but the rule is extremely stupid. It was DJ's fault but that course shouldn't be allowed to host a tournament until they can find a spot for the gallery to stand that isn't in a hazard.

I'll give DJ a huge nod for the way he handled things. No way I would have been that nice through the follow up interview.

They were told repeatedly through out the week and had notices posted, but come on, where was the official during the playoff?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Back