2016 THP Call Out - Rules & Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Kicking off next week is a new program we have for 2016 called #THPCallOut. Its all about getting people out on the course and meeting local THPers. Skill levels don't matter, winning and losing doesn't matter. The THP Call Out is all about fun and bringing the fun on the course to the community here.

megaphone-clipart-png-dT7e5AX8c.jpeg

If you want to call someone out, just start a new thread in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings section of the forum. Tell them you want to take them on and give the tale of the tape. Make it reasonable for people that are local.

Some General Rules
Thread should be started no more than 3 weeks away from match taking place.
THP Call Outs should consist of 1 on 1 match.
Tale of the tape should be included in the 1st post (let people know about the match)
The hashtag for the call outs is #THPCallOuts
Here is an example of a recent THP Call Out.
Live Updates Are A Must

The Goals
The goal of a program like this is to inspire people to get together with THPers that are in your area that you might know, or that you might not know. While we love to see local gatherings and get togethers setup, that is a separate thing and should be treated as such. You might find someone that you have not met or played with before, but lives in the same state. Talk to them and set something up and then start the THP Call Out thread with the details to bring the excitement at the appropriate time.

Why The Limits
Limiting the time in advance that they are posted does two things. First it does not allow a subject/match to get stale or lost or turn into just banter. The second thing it does is keeps it in the spotlight since there wont be dozens of them going on at the same time.

Limiting it to 1 on 1 opens up the chances a bit more for newcomers to feel welcome rather than all of the sudden it turning into a local gathering where months of planning is needed. Its amazing when looking through all of the forum from the computer how many people have THPers right in their backyard and might never know it.

Last note - I know a bunch of these have been started and there is no reason to delete them or anything of the sort. You guys do with them what you please and have a heck of a good time with it. Just some general guidelines that seem pretty easy and will add some organization to what could be a very very cool program for 2016 for all of the THPers out there.

This seems easy enough. Looking forward to some great matches.

JM

I like it. Can't wait to see more of these coming and following along. Some good ones already out there,

Love it. Can't wait to get involved.

Easy and logical enough to follow. I know. Lot of people loved the idea and therefore got ahead of ourselves. Can't wait to follow all the matches.

I definately have some call outs in mind!

I like the new rules and think it makes perfect sense.

Easy enough, look forward to participating in this.

Good set of rules should make this all good content

Pretty clear guidelines to follow and makes perfect sense to me.

I like where this is headed!

Pretty clear guidelines. Easy to follow. Can't wait to see how these matches go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is goin to be a blast. Cannot wait to call out or be called out a few times in 2016

Structure!

Love it.

Still pondering my first #THPCallOut. It's coming.

Pretty easy rules to abide by and will be a blast to follow and see how this evolves throughout the year.

Still pondering my first #THPCallOut. It's coming.

Pretty easy rules to abide by and will be a blast to follow and see how this evolves throughout the year.
I hope you have to give someone like 30 strokes.

Structure!

Love it.
Thanks for taking the time to tee this one back up for all of us WE. Looks like JB hammered the mulligan down the middle.

Rules and format is easy enough to follow. I can't wait for these matches to start rolling out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the #thpcallout. Something fresh and new, will be a ton of fun

Love the #thpcallout. Something fresh and new, will be a ton of fun

And it gives me a good reason for my first trip to Colorado!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back