JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate wrinkles in apparel. I know some care and others don't care at all, but for me, it drives me nuts. When I am on the road to THP Events or flying for work I have a travel steamer with me and at home, I steam or iron everything before I wear it.

I know a few other THPers are like me and picked up a travel steamer. Steaming is great for technical materials like polyester and I still iron natural stuff like cottons and wools (carefully). Anybody else out there like me that just hates the wrinkles and prefers everything to look neat and pressed?

My dislike of wrinkles loses to my dislike of ironing. Our new dryer steams clothes, and that gets them to the spot where I'm happy with how they look without a ton of work.

I need to look into a travel steamer, especially since my new project has me speaking in front of people more often.

• Admin
My dislike of wrinkles loses to my dislike of ironing. Our new dryer steams clothes, and that gets them to the spot where I'm happy with how they look without a ton of work.

I need to look into a travel steamer, especially since my new project has me speaking in front of people more often.

Our dryer steams too. Im still OCD about it.

I hate wrinkles. I've been ironing my clothes since I was about 7 or 8 yrs old. Now that I'm older I use dry cleaners for long sleeve button up shirts and slacks. At home I hang dry and steam out any wrinkles.

I am just grateful you iron because I do not haha. I have burned so many things with an iron that if it were up to me we wouldn't even own one.

Part of my Sunday night ritual is ironing all the shirts I wore and washed from that week. My traveling is all by car so I have a wardrobe bar in my back seat I hang my shirts and pants on when heading out for an overnight trip. That way, a 2nd ironing or touch up is not required when I reach my destination.

Im not OCD about it but I have to,have clothes looking presentable. I iron or steam everything

I despise wrinkles......even in just tee shirts and shorts. I *may* give my wife suggestions on how to do laundry. And she *may* tell me to shut the hell up and that I can do it myself.

I am with you, JB. What kind of travel steamer do you have? I need one for when I travel for work/ golf.. and hopefully some THP events in the future ;-)

I HATE pulling packed clothes out of a suitcase or travel bag just to have them all scrunched up and messy looking.

I am with you, JB. What kind of travel steamer do you have? I need one for when I travel for work/ golf.. and hopefully some THP events in the future ;-)

I HATE pulling packed clothes out of a suitcase or travel bag just to have them all scrunched up and messy looking.

I have multiple, but this one works the best. There are many that look similar in design, but they all have different sized heating elements (I have another one that looks like it but does not do as well).

I have also added some EagleCreek Pack-It Folders to help eliminate wrinkles while traveling.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MG2OOHK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

A memory that sticks in my mind from my early 20's was at a family christmas dinner and one of my cousins new boyfriends showed up wearing a dress shirt that looked like he pulled it out of the dirty clothes pile. My aunt made him take it off and she went and ironed and starched it for him. LOL ever since then I make sure my stuff is ironed!

Everyday clothes are usually jeans and a polo so I don't worry too much. But if I'm headed out to a nice dinner or wedding or something I absolutely iron everything.

Just don't pull a John Smoltz (Braves pitcher) and iron your shirt while wearing it....

I hate wrinkles as well. I always throw my clothes in the dryer for 10-15 minutes on the 'wrinkle free' setting to get the wrinkles out.

Love this stuff

I just dont notice the wrinkles... I dont steam nor iron because I dont care. I am happy being a slob

As a traveling Salesman I have learned to iron, it is always a challenge with some of the Equipment out there in the far away places I tend to go. The thing I hate the worst is the iron that will not hold the water, kind of a eye opener when you think about the electric heating element in your hand that is leaking water all over your clothes wen you turn it down to iron.

I am not OCD about wrinkles but I do have a travel steamer that I carry on trips and use if my clothes look wrinkled when I pull them from the suitcase. I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond (naturally with their 20% off coupon) for less than $20 and it does a good job.

This is one of the few times my laziness trumps my OCD. That and I buy wrinkle free dress shirts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I hate wrinkles in apparel. I know some care and others don't care at all, but for me, it drives me nuts. When I am on the road to THP Events or flying for work I have a travel steamer with me and at home, I steam or iron everything before I wear it.

I know a few other THPers are like me and picked up a travel steamer. Steaming is great for technical materials like polyester and I still iron natural stuff like cottons and wools (carefully). Anybody else out there like me that just hates the wrinkles and prefers everything to look neat and pressed?

I'm right there with you, JB; I can't stand wearing wrinkled clothes. In a pinch I'll toss my clothes in the dryer, but I picked up one of these travel steamers and it's been a game changer.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...reg-mini-hand-steamer/3274941?Keyword=steamer

Absolutely, road trips in college for the hockey team, I would always re iron my clothes before I had to get dressed to put them on, nothing worse than a wrinkle or crease before the big game

For golf stuff I'm not that anal about it but my suits I am - when I travel I generally will either steam the shower steam deal or send clothes down to be pressed. When I'm home I send everything out to the cleaner but for pressing only, dry cleaning will cut a suits life in half, the chemicals eat away at the material and will start to leave pants/jackets with a shinny appearance.

Old school here. No wrinkles unless I sleep in the clothes!!

Wrinkles

I despise wrinkles......even in just tee shirts and shorts. I *may* give my wife suggestions on how to do laundry. And she *may* tell me to shut the hell up and that I can do it myself.

I do all the laundry in our House for that reason. I know how I wash my clothes, what shirts to put in the dryer and which ones hang dry, Etc..

I'll iron my tshirts before I hang them in the closet

Last edited:
Yes! I always have a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Reducer at the ready. Works great on cotton, not so much on other material.

I hate wrinkles too, bad! I have had something occur in the past with polyester golf shirts that I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong and how to prevent it. You ever like permanently wrinkle a shirt? I've washed/dried my shirts previously no wrinkles, only to pull them out of the dryer with a bunch of wrinkles and a rewash/re-dry doesn't fix it AND it's hard to iron the wrinkles out. After several washes the wrinkles will eventually get better, but what does this? My theory is that I've got my dryer temp too high when this happens, true???

Back