THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Fan isn't the same as graduate. you don't see people buying Miami sweatshirts at their nearest Walmart as if they went to school there.

This isn't exactly on topic, but I am a huge OSU fan. Most of my entire extended family went there, including both of my parents and an older sister. My family has given plenty of money to that university, and I was born and raised an OSU fan. Especially being from Columbus. I didn't go there, but I sure as hell will root for them for life. It's different living in Columbus. OSU basically rules everything from the second you're born. Fully understand why people outside Ohio or the city hate OSU. I don't hold it against anyone. Haters gonna hate. But to be fair I dislike a lot of the annoying fans as much anyone who hates OSU in general.

End OSU stuff.

I still want pluffy. But since this is a team event let's make my matchup be me and PhillyV vs tpluff and jdtox. We're all around the same HC. That would be a killer match.

I take the match up. Anybody that hits the ball 360 yards off the tee but only manages to be a 12 HCP shouldn't be too tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Just means on the rare occasions I'm hitting fairways and greens, and my short game and putting are working that I have the potential to go REAL low.

Looking over the MI team list, Musicmaster would be a good matchup handicap wise. Who would I specifically want to match up against? I'm not sure. As long as there can be laughs and not too much club slamming/throwing.

Looking over the MI team list, Musicmaster would be a good matchup handicap wise. Who would I specifically want to match up against? I'm not sure. As long as there can be laughs and not too much club slamming/throwing.

Not sure I've ever seen a club slam or throw in a THP event. I've seen some light hearted club drops, but people in general remain in good spirits even if playing poorly. THP events are a ton of fun, and I don't think I've seen someone not smiling at the end of the rounds

It doesn't matter to me who I play. I have yet to meet any of the MI guys and some of the Ohio guys. So whoever I get to play with is a chance to meet another THPer.

You've got AMart nearly pegged... Although by event time that will be resolved.
Trying to sneak one in while I'm at work....low blow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trying to sneak one in while I'm at work....low blow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Any truth to the rumor that 441 said he can be bribed with PEDs?

Now that will require a little bit of thought...

A lot of fun guys over on that team potentially...

First thoughts

GolfinFF
PhillyV
44 (whatever)
Robman
Canadan

Just thinking of a few guys I have shared rounds with and had an awesome time doing so!
I'm hurt!

I'm cracking up that no one wants a piece of the fiery new guy???? Lol.....ill take either Jspangs (tough and probably better than I) or to Tpluff.

It would be fun for sure...I promise. Maybe not less fiery...but a hell of a time.

I'm cracking up that no one wants a piece of the fiery new guy???? Lol.....ill take either Jspangs (tough and probably better than I) or to Tpluff.

It would be fun for sure...I promise. Maybe not less fiery...but a hell of a time.

To know us is to hate us. That is all. Hope you make the team and we can give you a good taste of what THP is like after a Michigan victory.

See what I did there. ?

Went to play at the oaks today in lima with Brock was 40° out with about a 5 mile an hour wind. Waslittle chilly and some snow on about half the greens. Shot 40/42 with 3-3 putts and no penalty strokes. Driver went array on last 4 holes. The cold was starting to set in. First round of the year is in the books though. #JanuaryRRprep

I'd play whom ever my captain wanted to pit me against and we'd have a fun round of golf.

Any truth to the rumor that 441 said he can be bribed with PEDs?

yes...down to 2 pills, Im hurting

So do we need to start testing each teams players? lol Mike better stock up on those PED's, and maybe a few pain killers as his team will need them after the beating they will get.

That Just means on the rare occasions I'm hitting fairways and greens, and my short game and putting are working that I have the potential to go REAL low.

That's great about golf, every time we tee it up we have the potential to go real low or post a personal best. That potential might be gone in the first 3 holes though.

In all honesty I'd play against anyone from any side as long as they wanted to have fun, and maybe a drink or two during the round...

Both sides have fantastic people/ golfers that THP does a great job of bringing together. I've met a lot of great people I'd call friends from here, and I'm sure that there will be more after this event regardless of me making the team or not.

I'd play anyone. I just want to have a good time!

Dont know any of the Ohio guys yet, but if I make the Michigan squad, I'd like to play anyone that will play good golf, have fun, and has a legitimate handicap. Some light-hearted trash talk/banter would also be encouraged, along with complimenting each other's quality shots.

You've met me. Although I'm not on the Ohio team yet. But I'm a hopeful.

Now that will require a little bit of thought...

A lot of fun guys over on that team potentially...

First thoughts

GolfinFF
PhillyV
44 (whatever)
Robman
Canadan

Just thinking of a few guys I have shared rounds with and had an awesome time doing so!

Oh wow! After this post, I'm offended. I want MS straight up. I'm kidding CJ but it hurts bro.

For me straight up would be with anyone my captain needs me to put a hurting on. Whether it be the captain foe or one of his jabronies. I will take the match at hand and prevail.

I will look at the list of Mi hopefuls and make a choice of my own JB.

I'd take on either jspangs, Wyzyguy or Hacker. I will give strokes to make it fair but won't take any. (On tapatalk can't see hc's)I like a challenge. Too bad no singles matches to drive the knife into Mi's hearts even harder while giving it a twist.

I've taken on a couple low HC's in both my MC appearances. And I think I faired pretty well. A/S a 2 the first year and took a 2 to 16 before I lost out the second year while I was close to an 12 HC. It's all about the day!

Back