The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say I'm surprised you guys haven't run into eachother but sounds like it's a massive event so not all that surprising.

it is a massive show, and you can literally be a mile away from the other end.

I did see them yesterday but they were so busy getting coverage, I didn't really want to hold them up. Just a quick one minute chat with Tadashi, and a quick hello to Fupresti, and "Friiters Ward"

these se guys are literally on the run all day. Fortunately my day yesterday and today are very casual paced. Tuesday was my busiest day.

Great job everyone,I learned enough to make me deadly with info of new items coming out in 2016.Im wondering if a golf shop doesn't offer these items if they can still order them for me?-special order

Man I wish I could blame my delay into work on "Crew Rest". Just kidding. That is one delay I don't mind when I am flying.

Great job everyone,I learned enough to make me deadly with info of new items coming out in 2016.Im wondering if a golf shop doesn't offer these items if they can still order them for me?-special order

Some can, some can't. One way to check is their website. If they have them on-line, they can order them direct from the Manufacturer. Bridgestone and Srixon are good examples of that. Golfsmith is a retailer of them, but they never carry them in store from my experience. If there is something specific you're looking for, a quick phone call should be able to clear it up with any of them.

Some can, some can't. One way to check is their website. If they have them on-line, they can order them direct from the Manufacturer. Bridgestone and Srixon are good examples of that. Golfsmith is a retailer of them, but they never carry them in store from my experience. If there is something specific you're looking for, a quick phone call should be able to clear it up with any of them.
Where I play at the public park district.They still have equipment from a few seasons ago.Im sure that getting them to recognize some of these new items will be a uphill battle.I do have a Dicks Sporting Goods close by,and they usually have everything needed.And when it comes to golf I heard they are a great source for buying equipment and fittings

Final PGA show morning. The guys were awesome.
Tadashi
Mward/Fritters
Fupresti
Howzat
Ddec

So much content is coming your way. These guys deserve a virtual high five.

I don't know how you do it, with the time management to interviews to contests to what to capture, etc. Good stuff from everyone!

fd4709574abddaae2dbad894a8a88dac.jpg

Not a job for this guy! Amazing to watch an experienced arborist work a tree.

Final PGA show morning. The guys were awesome.
Tadashi
Mward/Fritters
Fupresti
Howzat
Ddec

So much content is coming your way. These guys deserve a virtual high five.

Nice job guys. I haven't been able to post much this week, but I really enjoyed following along and watching the videos!

fd4709574abddaae2dbad894a8a88dac.jpg

Not a job for this guy! Amazing to watch an experienced arborist work a tree.
Those guys are nuts. I think you have to have a monster set to do some of the work they do.

dwchockey is using ddec as his avatar.

I was confused for minute.

dwchockey is using ddec as his avatar.

I was confused for minute.

yeah it confused me too, I was reading stuff and thinking, why is Dean saying that

Possible skim alert:

Was Nike not at the show? I haven't seen a thread for them

Possible skim alert:

Was Nike not at the show? I haven't seen a thread for them

Pretty sure JB said no Nike presence..... which is wild to me. How do you not have a booth at a show where buyers are in attendance?

No sir they are not.
Interesting.
Pretty sure JB said no Nike presence..... which is wild to me. How do you not have a booth at a show where buyers are in attendance?
Not uncommon, when looking at other industries. For example, Interbike is the largest bike show every year for Retailers, and practically none of the major bike brands are going anymore, instead they have their own events.

However, it's different here, because ALL of their competitors are there.

Odd. Do you know why or at least elaborate?

Thats interesting. How is that perceived in the golf world?

They are not the only one.
Mizuno was not there. Neither was True Temper and a number of others.

To be fair, neither Nike or Mizuno ever had a very large presence, so its not a huge deal. With product release times being what they are, and the perception of what is taking place at the PGA Show evolving, it was not real necessity for either brand I guess.

They are not the only one.
Mizuno was not there. Neither was True Temper and a number of others.

To be fair, neither Nike or Mizuno ever had a very large presence, so its not a huge deal. With product release times being what they are, and the perception of what is taking place at the PGA Show evolving, it was not real necessity for either brand I guess.
I figure they would have at least had their soft goods there.

It does beg the question though, does Nike still not get it? What I mean is, this is a giant show with all the manufactures. Nike isn't selling as well as they would like. Why not put yourself out there? They need to change their marketing something fierce

It does beg the question though, does Nike still not get it? What I mean is, this is a giant show with all the manufactures. Nike isn't selling as well as they would like. Why not put yourself out there? They need to change their marketing something fierce

I think if they could, none of the bigger companies would go. The industry is a lot different than what it was when the show first started.

I have really noticed an uptick in Albatross members around the site, might just my perception but I feel like THP is running stronger than ever.

I think if they could, none of the bigger companies would go. The industry is a lot different than what it was when the show first started.
Thanks Fritters!

Not sure what there is "to get" for Nike. Golf is a drop in a very large bucket for them. Judging by the 2nd quarter numbers they aren't hurting too bad. Being at the show doesn't get clubs in the hands of everyday folks do I don't see why it benefit them to be there given release dates and the info that is already out.

I cant answer that part, but I can say I spoke to their head of R&D this morning for about 30 minutes via the phone as well as their marketing team.

It did make sense for them to be there this year in my opinion, given the launch of their line coincides with the dates almost perfectly. I know they were split on coming. I dont believe any of the talk of "putting things in consumers hands" as their approach, because if that was the case they would not host media events, and they have nearly half a dozen coming in 2016 including one THP will be at in a few weeks.

Its about cost and what it takes to be there, versus what you perceive as ROI. Their show presence was always VERY small outside of demo day and new rules prohibit demo day only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back