Mizuno JPX-850 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I'm still hoping to hit this soon and hit it well enough to add it to the bag.

Nice review!!

I find it sad that this driver won't get the looks it deserves. I found this driver far better than any of the new Callaway releases when I tested them head to head. It is also very good looking with the blue.

If I was seriously looking for a new driver, this would be very hard to pass up. I loved the look, feel and performance.

Review was well done Dan. Pretty solid line of metalwoods this year for Mizuno.

Well done. Now I need to find this somewhere around my area.

Awesome review Dan, very thorough and covered lots of bases.

May I highlight a spot I thought was exceptionally well done....as you managed to explain what you needed to in a simple enough manner that most people can understand, and not just those that are most familiar with what "tweaking" will do.

How They Work Together
Despite the quick switch adapter and the Fast Track technology being discussed separately, they do well to work together when trying to generate the perfect flight. During testing, as preferences lead to the lower end of the loft spectrum on the quick switch adapter, utilizing a combination of the upright setting along with a weight in the toe weight port promoted a much straighter flight than weights combined in the Fast Track. What this should lead to is a counter effect that will benefit every style of swing, which was welcomed each time a change was made to the loft or weights

Great review Dan
This is one that i have wanted to try after seeing pictures of LD hitting on the range last year

Awesome writeup, Dan and very thorough. Sounds like Mizuno has a very solid driver in the 850 with a nice mix of forgiveness and distance.

Mizuno JPX-850 Driver Review

I can't express how badly the blue color alone makes me want to buy these clubs. I may give in and try them.
887734a774be7e80ee109de9da85aa00.jpg

Nice review man. I agree that this driver can produce some nice carry but I found it to spin way too high. I liked the weighting, balance and how smooth it felt to swing. Nice club for sure.

Last edited:
love the look of this driver, and the driver seems hot and cold for people out there.

Great thoughts Dan. Wonder if Mizuno has seen traction in sales with this, sounds like one of their best woods in while.

Also, just the image or is the colour almost a matte texture?

Nice review Dan, I found this to be a real performer in my time with it. Definitely on par with all of this years drivers that I have hit.

Great thoughts Dan. Wonder if Mizuno has seen traction in sales with this, sounds like one of their best woods in while.

Just the image from what I remember. It is SHINY blue

Great review, thanks for sharing.

Great review, I can't wait to get mine dialed in on the course this year!!!

Must be just the photo. Definitely a shiny finish.

20% off at rockbottomgolf today so, after loving the 850F irons yesterday, I decided to give this a shot too.

Hit this yesterday at Club Champion with the Diamana Kai'li 60 X-flex..... WOW!! Incredible feel and performance. I would have never thought to look towards Mizuno for a driver. Great surprise here.

I played in a scramble today and had a fairly straight 1st player so I got to swing away. I had a DAMN GOOD driving day.

Was very surprised to find the bottom two rows of the Titleist case at Pro Golf Discount populated by the JPX 850 drivers and fairways. First time I've ever seen them stock Mizuno metals. Didn't have a chance to hit them yesterday, but will definitely have to take a few cuts the next time I'm over there as I've never swung a Mizuno metal.

Ive got one. I like it and its one of the longest drivers Ive ever used. The blue is different but as someone whose a Yamaha fan in the powersports world, I like it.

Was very surprised to find the bottom two rows of the Titleist case at Pro Golf Discount populated by the JPX 850 drivers and fairways. First time I've ever seen them stock Mizuno metals. Didn't have a chance to hit them yesterday, but will definitely have to take a few cuts the next time I'm over there as I've never swung a Mizuno metal.

Its really a step in the right direction for them. They're getting there.

Its really a step in the right direction for them. They're getting there.

That's what I've been hearing. Definitely want to spend some time. I know they look really sharp.

Back