How do you handle playing in the heat?

I have learned the frequency of visits of the beverage cart is directly propotional to the amount of a tip you provide the person driving the cart.

Ironically not around here. They start at 18 and work their way backward and do the same route over and over again.

I don't generally have too much trouble with the heat and humidity, unless it's 105* like my last outing in Kansas. The only thing that kept me upright was lot's of water and my trusty soaker hat. Drown that thing at the water cooler and slap her on:

P1020788.jpg

I don't generally have too much trouble with the heat and humidity, unless it's 105* like my last outing in Kansas. The only thing that kept me upright was lot's of water and my trusty soaker hat. Drown that thing at the water cooler and slap her on:

How is that working out for you Duey? Has it been working at advertised?

P1020788.jpg

lol are you serious? You soak that whole thing and slap it back on? lol thats awesome.

Ironically not around here. They start at 18 and work their way backward and do the same route over and over again.

Yea I know that is the way it is supposed to be at every golf course JB. But I have seen detours to the route happen more than one occasion.

It works great, just as advertised. The thing holds water like a sponge and keeps its shape, (no idea how). I love it!

That's usually the way it is supposed to be, but usually I only see it once maybe twice per round. I think I may need it more than that.

Could we request she stops by the range?

Yea I know that is the way it is supposed to be at every golf course JB. But I have seen detours to the route happen more than one occasion.

I have actually never seen a single detour. You have to remember FL courses are unlike most. Many times there is no place to detour. Holes are not back and forth like other places.

But I have not played PGA National, so I have no idea, just like anybody else.

I have actually never seen a single detour. You have to remember FL courses are unlike most. Many times there is no place to detour. Holes are not back and forth like other places.
But I have not played PGA National, so I have no idea, just like anybody else.

we have the same courses out here, we call the "desert courses" and they detour all the time. But true like you say I dont know what the set up is at PGA National, but I am sure after Friday, 9-iron and myself will have a good understanding of the beverage cart and their policies.

we have the same courses out here, we call the "desert courses" and they detour all the time. But true like you say I dont know what the set up is at PGA National, but I am sure after Friday, 9-iron and myself will have a good understanding of the beverage cart and their policies.

Absolutely!! Sad thing is that it will still be in the low 100s when we tee off at 9am.

WPB weather update 90F feels like 109F (32C feels like 43C)

Eh, you get used to heat quick. I played in the low/mid 90's last week and drank 2 Gatorades and 2 waters. Just make sure to have a good golf shirt and some shorts. A white hat is good too.

Eh, you get used to heat quick. I played in the low/mid 90's last week and drank 2 Gatorades and 2 waters. Just make sure to have a good golf shirt and some shorts. A white hat is good too.

Light moisture wicking shirt - Check!
Light weight shorts - Check!
Light Colored hat - Check!

I'm all ready!!

The shirt makes such a difference for me. The best I have come across are Nike and UA. I have a pair of UA shorts too. They are swamp butt kryptonite!

I'm hoping it'll be one of those courses that gives you towels. If not, pack a hand towel and I always pack an extra shirt so I can change at the turn.

The shirt makes such a difference for me. The best I have come across are Nike and UA. I have a pair of UA shorts too. They are swamp butt kryptonite!

I got a couple of snake eyes (easy there Gray) and they are nice, this past weekend I picked up a shirt and shorts from Reebok that is very light weight and will be my Saturday round attire.

Light moisture wicking shirt - Check!
Light weight shorts - Check!
Light Colored hat - Check!

I'm all ready!!

Checks for me as well, I guess we are good to go!!

I've got some Nike's too and they do work great in the temps here. I guess they'll get a work out down in FL!

I don't do anything different really, just fill up my water bottle at every other tee box and keep rolling. It was 115 with index last Thursday here in naples, I did switch from a black visor to a white one.

On another note thanks to earl its a pleasant 85 right now :)

I don't do anything different really, just fill up my water bottle at every other tee box and keep rolling. It was 115 with index last Thursday here in naples, I did switch from a black visor to a white one.

On another note thanks to earl its a pleasant 85 right now :)

The mornings have been much cooler too with a lot less humidity, it's been very enjoyable.

Back