The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bows? Hairdresser?
The apostrophe before the word indicates that there are letters left off of the word. It's used for contractions or slang terms. eg. can't, don't ol', etc. ?

So in this case 'bows would be elbows. ?
You don't want to know the other idea I had...

The apostrophe before the word indicates that there are letters left off of the word. It's used for contractions or slang terms. eg. can't, don't ol', etc. .

Hahaha I knew exactly where you were going. Funny as crap when I read it at first.

At least he doesn't have that arm laying on JB's side of the seat.

Hahaha I knew exactly where you were going. Funny as crap when I read it at first.

At least he doesn't have that arm laying on JB's side of the seat.
Haha. I'm just in a good mood this morning and wanted to be a little smart assy.

Feels good and I think the weather might be turning for the warmer soon for good.

Now we know why the rest of the parking lot wasn't salted..

5baf97cad9bdd98dcba41d5705e84c68.jpg

So I'm not crazy, it is strange.

Maybe you should thank him, he might have the 'Jimmy Arms'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The effects of change management / fear of change are upon me. I applied for and got a job. I know / like the manager. Same company that I'm at now. I've been unhappy in my current job for a while. No money issues with the new gig. So I should jump at it, right? I think it is fear of change that's made me pause. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The effects of change management / fear of change are upon me. I applied for and got a job. I know/like the manager. Same company that I'm at now. I've been unhappy in my current job for a while. No money issues with the new gig. So I should jump at it, right? I think it fear of change that's made me pause. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Go for it. Fear is VERY common with a new role. I've had 5 different roles at my employer and have had fear with each....but been successful with each transition.

You sought out a new role for a reason...and now it's in your grasp.

Maybe you should thank him, he might have the 'Jimmy Arms'
I've been known to do this in the car on long rides. The wife likes to drive (because apparently I'm a grandma) so I just chill out. So, when it's nap time, I put my hands in the belt to keep them from just flailing about or hanging down into the center console or whatever. I feel a connection with airplane guy!

The effects of change management / fear of change are upon me. I applied for and got a job. I know / like the manager. Same company that I'm at now. I've been unhappy in my current job for a while. No money issues with the new gig. So I should jump at it, right? I think it is fear of change that's made me pause. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Do it dude! I have my last day at my current job tomorrow and I already feel so much happier knowing I will be doing something else soon.

I waited far too long into research proposal season here at work to start writing up my project. Going to be a few long nights ahead of the deadline.

I did something similar a few months back and man it's been so refreshing. The fear of change was strong, but looking back I know I made the right move. If you're unhappy and there are no money issues, I'd make the jump. Good luck!

Good ol' Uncle Sam.... SMH. ?

Life is funny. Had I not come to Naval Postgraduate School, I'd be working down in San Diego now. I thought I'd be able to avoid another cross country move, but it's looking like that's a very real possibility. I was hoping my time in Cali would go past spring of next year, but that may not be in the cards. Regardless, I'm staying positive about the future and am doing my best to enjoy the present.

When did it become "Hip" to hold your kiddos back in school? Today, if you have a birthday in June-August the parents and school's almost say it's mandatory to have your kiddo do transitional kindergarden so they their kiddo can "mature" and be more prepared for kindergarten. Now they are starting to pressure kiddos with April and May birthdays to consider it! So by high school we're gonna have a bunch of 19 year olds running around before graduation.

I get it, I really do. Parents don't want their kiddos to be the youngest, smallest, less experienced in the class. But now it's just about automatic these kids are being held back without any evaluation. Guess it's just our society today, always trying to find and get a leg up somehow.

I get it, I really do. Parents don't want their kiddos to be the youngest, smallest, less experienced in the class. But now it's just about automatic these kids are being held back without any evaluation. Guess it's just our society today, always trying to find and get a leg up somehow.
Someone has to be (the smallest, youngest, least experienced). If you raise your child right, they'll use those characteristics not as an excuse, but as motivation.

I see it all the time in our youth football league nate. I know for a fact many parents have held there boys back a year so they could excel in youth sports, My son is a good sized kid and if I would have help him back a year he would be a beast in football, but what does that gain him in life?

When did it become "Hip" to hold your kiddos back in school? Today, if you have a birthday in June-August the parents and school's almost say it's mandatory to have your kiddo do transitional kindergarden so they their kiddo can "mature" and be more prepared for kindergarten. Now they are starting to pressure kiddos with April and May birthdays to consider it! So by high school we're gonna have a bunch of 19 year olds running around before graduation.

When did it become "Hip" to hold your kiddos back in school? Today, if you have a birthday in June-August the parents and school's almost say it's mandatory to have your kiddo do transitional kindergarden so they their kiddo can "mature" and be more prepared for kindergarten. Now they are starting to pressure kiddos with April and May birthdays to consider it! So by high school we're gonna have a bunch of 19 year olds running around before high school.

Ever heard of the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? He talked about it from a sports perspective and then an educational one: "Recently, two economists – Kelly Bedard and Elizabeth Dhuey – looked at the relationship between scores on what is called the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, or TIMSS (math and science tests given every four years to children in many countries around the world), and month of birth. They found that among fourth graders, the oldest children scored somewhere between four and twelve percentile points better than the youngest children. That, as Dhuey explains, is a “huge effect.” It means that if you take two intellectually equivalent fourth graders with birthdays at opposite ends of the cutoff date, the older student could score in the eightieth percentile, while the younger child could score in the sixty-eighth percentile. That’s the difference between qualifying for a gifted program and not."

Ever heard of the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? He talked about it from a sports perspective and then an educational one: "Recently, two economists – Kelly Bedard and Elizabeth Dhuey – looked at the relationship between scores on what is called the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, or TIMSS (math and science tests given every four years to children in many countries around the world), and month of birth. They found that among fourth graders, the oldest children scored somewhere between four and twelve percentile points better than the youngest children. That, as Dhuey explains, is a “huge effect.” It means that if you take two intellectually equivalent fourth graders with birthdays at opposite ends of the cutoff date, the older student could score in the eightieth percentile, while the younger child could score in the sixty-eighth percentile. That’s the difference between qualifying for a gifted program and not."
Outliers is a fantastic read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back