Live Update Thread & Contest - UST February Shaft Spectacular

Nate: What was your favorite part of this experience so far? The info bombs, the fitting or the shaft design process?
Shane: Which shaft technology that you learned about today and will be placed in you clubs do you think going to help your game the most? Driver? Irons? Wedges? Putter??

Currently Driver: Callaway Alpha 815, Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 62g Stiff Flex

Shane: how does the shaft feel compared to the Mitsubishi?

Nate: what was your first swing impression of the shaft?

Callaway 816 DBD with Project X LZ Blue 6.0 56gram shaft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is so fun following this thread, even though I am getting behind on work.

Questions for the guys:

Nate - Any changes that you will make to your game after what you have learned today about shafts?

Shane - What is the biggest improvement to your game that you hope to achieve through the shaft fitting?

Callaway Big Bertha with a Mitsubishi Fubuki 50g stiff shaft

Wow, I just caught up, lucky guys that's for sure!

My mind is utterly blown by how UST is treating our boys today. Beyond our wildest expectations. Thanks UST.

Is it manditory to post on twitter and all the other social media's to enter?

Nate getting fitting started

bfb1c10c7b1668ea4514547fe7e28743.jpg

It's time for Big time!

Not a bad 7 iron by me
457651f33b01c073d5f340002ea4f1fb.jpg

Nate - What is one thing you learned during the tour that you had zero clue about yesterday?
Shane - You were first to get fit. How was your swing during the fitting and do you think what you saw was a close resemblance of what you see on the course?

Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD w/ Aldila Rogue I/O 70X

Is it manditory to post on twitter and all the other social media's to enter?

Nope, all requirements are laid out in first post in this thread.

NATE: What are your thoughts on wedge shafts being different from your iron shafts?
SHANE: What's the difference between graphite and carbon fiber?

Current driver and shaft: Titleist 910D2 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 72 for Titleist, Stiff,

Nope, all requirements are laid out in first post in this thread.
I will read that,, but I thought I saw post here and there and there.

I will read that,, but I thought I saw post here and there and there.

One post on Twitter, follow on Instagram, post questions in here. That's about it.

I cannot wait for march 18th!!!

Current driver and shaft: Titleist 910D2 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 72 for Titleist, Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys just found out that they will be working with a graphic artist to design their shafts
Awesome, custom shaft designs!
Told you guys to signup.
I did and will continue to do so, too awesome not to!
I just got to design a driver shaft. Wow!!!!
Big time being big time!

And to think, all it cost was an albatross membership. So cool of THP and UST!!!

Shane: What do you think your fitting will be recommending for shaft Weight & Flex?
Nate: Putter shafts, Frequency what? Explain it :)

Callaway BBA 815 w/Aldila Rogue 70-Stiff

Nate and Shane have a LOT of questions to answer later today. :angel:

Questions for the guys:

Nate: What were your more impressed with--what you learned about putters shafts, or big dog shafts?

Shane: Did that full shaft fitting make you nervous, realizing that it was going to affect virtually every stick in your bag? (I'd have been pretty tense trying to swing fluidly during the fitting).

My Current Driver set-up: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5 w/Aldila Rogue 60R shaft.

Questions:

Nate: Of all of the shaft fits, which were you closest to in terms of getting fit into something close to you were already playing?

Shane: Conversely, which club in your bag were you fit for something the most different from what you're playing now?

I'm currently playing a Hashimoto 55 in R in a Big Bertha head.

Question for both: which shaft, or shafts, in your current set-up are you apprehensive about changing?

Also: I've gone through three iron fittings and each time I tried Recoil the dispersion area was larger vs steel. What might be causing that other than shaft weight changing?

Current driver: G30 with Xphlexxx Agera 70 S tipped 5/8", 45"

Back