What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do shred lol. Sick sick balls though.
Sounds like a great time yoccos. I played in a scramble yesterday and used Penta's. I lost one ball with a snaphook on a drive, but other than that it was a great day. Playing in a 25 mph wind to rock hard greens all day and those Penta balls are still spin monsters. Just wish they were durable like the B330 RXS.

I've yet to try the Penta along side of the RXS, but seem's like the RXS is a little longer off the tee. The Penta, IMHO, don't seem to ballooon as much into the wind as the RXS and at the green they both spin like tops. I get a huge amount of forward roll on the RXS, but they balloon and they drop straight down against the wind. My Pentas from yesterday look like cheese, lol.

I used to play Noodle Ice. I loved them. I think thats why I like the ZStar Yellow's so much. SImilar look. Haha.
Noodle Plus. Around the green and putting with these is a joy. Really nice soft feel, does exactly what I want if I hit it right. Off the tee I was a little wayward with them. Still prefer the e6s but the Noodles are so cheap they're difficult to ignore.

I think the Penta is the best feeling ball there is. I was kind of shocked too that TM had such a nice ball. Awesome around the greens and decent distance but not as good as the B330's, for me at least.

we had an entire back room full of the i ball but no ix. i swiped as many as i could before they were gone.

I found an (i) yesterday and can't wait to try it, but have yet to try that or the ix.

I think the Penta is the best feeling ball there is. I was kind of shocked too that TM had such a nice ball. Awesome around the greens and decent distance but not as good as the B330's, for me at least.

That's for sure, especially off the putter. Sooooft.

i like the i almost as much as the ix.....i lose a bit off the tee with them though. i am still trying to love the iz as much. i miss the cover on the ix.

If I could only have one ball of all the ones I've personally played, it would be the Penta, just because of its performance in the wind and feel. But the B330 RXS, while a bit harsher feeling, just works better overall without the wind.

played a nike one tour d last round... till i lost it

Played an E6 yesterday (or a couple of them to be accurate).

While I liked the Penta, it just gets torn up too fast, even with my 2010 groove irons. Too much money for too little use and no perceived scoring benefit. :confused2:

I'm playing the Bridgestone E6 because I get better distance, much better durability, and I score as well. And it costs me about $16 per dozen less than the Penta. Add in the added durability and it's no contest. I just have to adjust my game for the additional roll on chips and pitches, but that's not hard to do.

Otherwise the only effect is that I hit the E6 about one club farther with my irons than I did the Penta, so now I'm playing a PW where I was playing a 9I. I've adjusted to the differences and I like being able to use the same ball for 3 or 4 rounds with no discernible damage.

Last round I played a ProV1X, still spins a little much off the wedges and short irons for me.

I would love to use the same ball for the whole round!!! Haha. Good points though.
While I liked the Penta, it just gets torn up too fast, even with my 2010 groove irons. Too much money for too little use and no perceived scoring benefit. :confused2:

I'm playing the Bridgestone E6 because I get better distance, much better durability, and I score as well. And it costs me about $16 per dozen less than the Penta. Add in the added durability and it's no contest. I just have to adjust my game for the additional roll on chips and pitches, but that's not hard to do.

Otherwise the only effect is that I hit the E6 about one club farther with my irons than I did the Penta, so now I'm playing a PW where I was playing a 9I. I've adjusted to the differences and I like being able to use the same ball for 3 or 4 rounds with no discernible damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the RX to be pretty durable.

Last round played the Z-star X and had the best round of my life. It was a 2 man scramble 18 holes but only used 4 shots of my partner. This ball is LONG off the driver more consistently, accurate with the 3wood and hybrids, Felt great with the middle irons, short irons and chips had an awesome amount of spin to the point where I hit one flop shot onto the green and it bit and jumped back right into the hole for eagle (my first ever). Also great feel off the putter, sank 3 putts over 25 feet. So wow I love this ball and im sticking with it.

Oh and we won the tourney with a 79, won fewest putts as a team, and I won Longest drive and 2 out of the 3 closet to the Pins. What a day...Oh also won best dressed but thats another story.

Last round played the Z-star X and had the best round of my life. It was a 2 man scramble 18 holes but only used 4 shots of my partner. This ball is LONG off the driver more consistently, accurate with the 3wood and hybrids, Felt great with the middle irons, short irons and chips had an awesome amount of spin to the point where I hit one flop shot onto the green and it bit and jumped back right into the hole for eagle (my first ever). Also great feel off the putter, sank 3 putts over 25 feet. So wow I love this ball and im sticking with it.

Oh and we won the tourney with a 79, won fewest putts as a team, and I won Longest drive and 2 out of the 3 closet to the Pins. What a day...Oh also won best dressed but thats another story.

There is a thread for that... go post some pictures so we can oogle your style :)

I get ya about the durability, but not scoring? when you can hit right at the flag on a rock hard green and still get the ball to stop quick I'd call that an advantage. As far as distance, I hit the Penta just as far or farther than the e6 balls, but not as far as I do the b330 rxs.

I echo your thoughts. I first used the Z Star X in a scramble and we shot 20 under for the day. I used it again today and my opinion hasn't changed a bit. Works extremely well off of the tee and still performs around the green. I'm a Srixon convert I think.

I get ya about the durability, but not scoring? when you can hit right at the flag on a rock hard green and still get the ball to stop quick I'd call that an advantage. As far as distance, I hit the Penta just as far or farther than the e6 balls, but not as far as I do the b330 rxs.

For full shots I can still go for most flags with the E6. The ones I can't, I wouldn't go for with any ball.

I spin this ball just fine... even back it up occasionally on full swings. On short pitches I don't want the ball to spin and stop. I want it to roll out because that gives it a much better chance of falling in the hole. When you play a hop and stop shot, you have to have perfect distance control. With a chip and roll, you can be a quite strong and still hit the flagstick and drop in. With a little practice it's no harder than judging the distance you need to roll a putt. Just my preference, from spending so many of my early years playing with nothing more than a 9I or eventually a PW. I didn't even own a SW until I'd been playing for nearly 15 years.

B330-S again. My wedges were really strong today and I was actually spinning some shots with these. All the wedges are 3 years old so I'd be scared to see what they'd do with fresh grooves

front 9, Yellow Z Stars... back 9, B 300 RXS... both of these balls are my favorites, along with the TP Black... I love being able to spin the ball on approach shots 150 yards and in... :D

front 9, Yellow Z Stars... back 9, B 300 RXS... both of these balls are my favorites, along with the TP Black... I love being able to spin the ball on approach shots 150 yards and in... :D

I see you still like the ... button. Haha had to give you a hard time.

But when did you get that kia ma putter? I remember we talked about it a little while ago when I mentioned that I had one. Hows it working for you?

Ran out of my B330 RX in the club championship this weekend so I finished up with my Penta's. Man I forgot how sweet these things are off the tee and around the greens. I still haven't ever hit a premium ball that gets off the face of my driver like these. It's hard for me to decide which ball I like better the RX or the Penta but they are the two best balls on the market for my game.

bridgestone e6... i liked it... except a nuked a couple of greens with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back