Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

I have it between my 5W and 4H, it fits that gap perfectly for me. The Heavenwood is my favorite club to hit right now.

Mine replaced my 5w, slots in after my 3Deep and before my 4h. Agreed on it being a favorite to hit, even a so-so swing with that club gets it airborne in the direction you need it to go.

I have it between my 5W and 4H, it fits that gap perfectly for me. The Heavenwood is my favorite club to hit right now.

I'm starting to see why there is so much THP love for this club. I need a lot more course time with the bottom end of my bag to figure out which clubs go what distances, but the heavenwood is definitely gonna be featured this summer!

Hard to beat that price

This is a great approach club. Beautiful high ball flight that you can stop on the green. Crazy easy to hit. Favorite club in my bag now. Does anybody have any experience with the other V series woods from Callaway? Are they just as nice? If so, I may have to get them as well.

As someone that struggles to hit fairway woods off the deck, I was nailing this today. The stand out shot of my round today was with this club. Par 5, dog leg right, I had a slight downhill lie, and decided to cut the dog leg by going over the tree that was on the corner. I'd never have been able to play this shot in the past, but with the heavenwood it was a fairly straight forward ( and great looking) shot. It also got the attention of my playing partners too. This is a superb bit of kit.

That's funny because I bought one for my wife last fall, and she loves it, that is why I spent all winter pondering:)

It is in my wife's bag but she does not know it.

I hope to hit mine this weekend and may replace the grip with one that has less taper so it will feel more standard if I choke down. Will probably do the same on my XR #4 hybrid.

I did get a chance to hit the BB V Heavenwood today.
Just as everyone said, incredibly easy to launch and hit in general. I've struggled with FW's the last few years but think that just ended today.
Next time out I will test the matching wood.

Thanks THPer's otherwise I never would have found this gem.

I have missed the Warbird sole.

Managed to get out on the course for 9 holes yesterday. It was windy and cold (45 degrees) so I didn't go the full 18. Only had one long par 5 where the Heavenwood came into play. 210 from the green and I put it right on the fringe. I've never been able to hit my 3 wood like that. I feel like this club is a game changer and I almost feel compelled to force all my friends to get one. It's just so easy to hit and a good hit feels amazing. Great club and I can't wait to play it some more.

I'll admit... Today I hit my heavenwood even when I should have hit my 3w or 5w! It's too much fun not too! Why would I do that? Because if I "miss" the heavenwood it's better than a "miss" on the others. Plus, like I said it's TOO MUCH FUN hitting it LOL

I'm hoping when my V series 3 wood gets here it's as easy to hit as my Heavenwood.

I'm hoping when my V series 3 wood gets here it's as easy to hit as my Heavenwood.

Im seriously pondering the entire V series line!

Just put one in the bag. I'm not a 3w player and rarely hit any fairway from the deck. Plunked some balls down on a par 5 around 230 and landed 2 of 4 on the green and they stopped. 1 rolled through the back and 1 in a right side of green bunker. Hit it off the tee and had that gps'd at 255 less than 5 yards left of center. Looking forward to playing this.

My V series Heavenwood was stellar today! So easy to put a good swing on the ball, & 3 GIR's from 175+ yards is pretty amazing for my skill level!

So after 6 months of waiting to finally hit my Heavenwood, I got a chance to use it this week for the very first time.

Grand total, I hit 5 shots. All but one had a super good ball flight for me (straight, long, and high). Super easy on the long par 5 that I usually struggle with my 2nd shot on. Easy swing had ball just absolutely launched down the fairway for me.

I hit one just absolutely terrible, off of a mat tee box where I had it teed to high, popped it up way out high on the toe (lost it OB).

Overall very happy with it. I just need to adjust my aim with it, not used to a dead straight ball coming off the face of a wood!

So after 6 months of waiting to finally hit my Heavenwood, I got a chance to use it this week for the very first time.

Grand total, I hit 5 shots. All but one had a super good ball flight for me (straight, long, and high). Super easy on the long par 5 that I usually struggle with my 2nd shot on. Easy swing had ball just absolutely launched down the fairway for me.

I hit one just absolutely terrible, off of a mat tee box where I had it teed to high, popped it up way out high on the toe (lost it OB).

Overall very happy with it. I just need to adjust my aim with it, not used to a dead straight ball coming off the face of a wood!

Nice work braddman!

I got to use mine on my sim round yesterday - when my swing was not quite there, I was hitting my Heavenwood straight but around 170. The last two shots with it, I put a really good swing on it & popped it out 190. Beautiful high, straight ball flight. If this translates at all to my outside game, I will be sooo stoked!

6 months of waiting?

You need to move.

Got a chance to play outside today - not the best conditions: very wet, 40* (real feel 31* with the wind gusting to 20). Also, my right elbow started aching & felt like it was going to explode after a few holes. Still, my Heavenwood was friggin' awesome today! Hit 3 greens from around 170 yards. A nice, smooth swing results in a high, straight ball that sits down nicely! Can't wait to hit this under better conditions!

For those that have the v-series heavenwood, or have tried it, does the face set up square or slightly closed? My X2 hot FW set up closed and my miss was left. I've tried the GBB heavenwood several times on the course and really like it, but would be happy to get the cheaper v series if comparable and not draw oriented.

For those that have the v-series heavenwood, or have tried it, does the face set up square or slightly closed? My X2 hot FW set up closed and my miss was left. I've tried the GBB heavenwood several times on the course and really like it, but would be happy to get the cheaper v series if comparable and not draw oriented.

I tend to draw mine.

I havent noticed this sitting closed at address at all. Would probably help my right miss at the moment, but Im happy with how this club performs off the tee and deck. And they are CHEAP now

Mine appears pretty square to me at address.

Mine replaced my 5w, slots in after my 3Deep and before my 4h. Agreed on it being a favorite to hit, even a so-so swing with that club gets it airborne in the direction you need it to go.
Hmmm I am looking into this club more and more and where you have it is exactly where it would go for me.

Do you find it easier to hit than a hybrid?

Hmmm I am looking into this club more and more and where you have it is exactly where it would go for me.

Do you find it easier to hit than a hybrid?

FAR easier to hit than a hybrid. I don't get along with hybrids, at all, and even I can hit the Heavenwood decent. One of the few clubs I can actually fade on command, when I went out with ArtM, mpeterson, and TeedUpThoughts back in Feb I held both greens I hit it into. Doing that in cold windy conditions with hard greens told me how great a club it is.

FAR easier to hit than a hybrid. I don't get along with hybrids, at all, and even I can hit the Heavenwood decent. One of the few clubs I can actually fade on command, when I went out with ArtM, mpeterson, and TeedUpThoughts back in Feb I held both greens I hit it into. Doing that in cold windy conditions with hard greens told me how great a club it is.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. I have been thinking of ditching my Mashie and want a versatile club for the top of the bag.

What would you say is your distance range with it?

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. I have been thinking of ditching my Mashie and want a versatile club for the top of the bag.

What would you say is your distance range with it?

I'm comfortable anywhere from 190-210 with it. I'll choke up for a slightly shorter shot when I'm not confident in my hybrid or 4i to get it done. I'm not a big distance guy I'm more concerned with making a good shot and keeping it in a solid position, which this club excels at. Excellent out of the rough too with the V sole.

Back